The worst news... Maggie

Discussion in 'Forum News / Announcements' started by goldpelican, Jun 28, 2014.

1. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Before posting on anything else at SSTkers I want to add my regard for Maggie to all the other expressions of appreciation and affection written here for her.
    I only had one direct series of interaction with Maggie as agent over a purchase which became a problem due to the supplier (Royal Silver), and she left no doubt as to her commitment to clients.
    She struck me as having her values in the best order of priority and was exceptional in being one of those who go instinctively towards someone in trouble rather than edge away.

2. Director

Director Member

Sad news indeed. I've only been here for a few months but have purchased exculsivley from Maggie, never had a problem and she seemed really nice. :(

3. Taz03

Taz03 Member

Very, very sad news. My thoughts are with the family.

Like many, I have dealt with Maggie several times and each time, without fail, she was always a pleasure to deal with. Although never had the chance to meet with Maggie personally, I could tell from our correspondents that she was genuinely humble, caring and thoughtful person.

It has been a great privilege to know you, Maggie, and you will surely be missed.

RIP.

Taz03

4. phoenixeagle

phoenixeagle Member

Very very sad news :(

She was always so welcoming to new members.

I will miss you Maggie.

RIP

5. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is part of a post Maggie made in the general discussion paid members part of the the forum on New Years Day this year. I think it sums up who Maggie was and why we shall miss her so much.

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Condolences to Maggie's family. Clearly she was loved by members of the SS forum.

7. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Only just learned this awful awful news... I'm so very sorry for the family and the loss of a truly lovely lady... You'll be very deeply missed - RIP Cheryl ;(

8. jazzy988

jazzy988 Member

I had the pleasure of dealing with Maggie in the last 2 years. She was always cheerful in her responses and she attended to orders with unrivalled honesty. I used to wonder why she fulfilled orders at such ridiculously low prices. But that was just her. Making money was never the objective for her. Her passion was to serve the needs of us coin collectors. She will be deeply missed. Would Perth Mint consider minting a token in memory of her contribution to coin collecting with the profit to go to some cause in her memory ? Just a thought to remember her by.

9. libertadiac

libertadiac Member Silver Stacker

Brilliant idea.

10. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

Yes Maggie was one of the sweetest and kindest stackers on here.
    It came through every message she typed.

11. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Only discovered this today, along a "R.I.P. dearest Maggie" in user House's signature. Thought it can't be, must be some other Maggie, but no, after checking the sales corner I saw the sticky.
    Talking about sudden...
    Life.
    Things can change.
    All of sudden.
    I'm an EU user, buying from Australia was never a real option, but almost did with Maggie, those silver bullets of a year or so ago. I doubted over and over, the shipping was a killer, and ended up buying other popping up stuff locally.
    Nice Maggie, think that's how I'll remember her.

12. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

This is precisely how I see it. In a 'nice' market, peoples goal is to serve needs, and making money is a consequence. A deserved consequence.
    That coin, a "conmemorative" or so, dunno how realistic it is in this material world where alot struggle, but the idea is marvellous. Symbolism just can't be better than this.

13. HAC888

HAC888 Member

I just know this sad news of Maggie passing. My condolences to her family.

You will be missed, Maggie.

R.I. P.

14. Argentlust

Argentlust Active Member Silver Stacker

A celebration of Maggies life will be held on Monday 7th July at 1.00pm at:

Blacks Funeral Chapel

18 Scullen Avenue

Innisfail, Qld. 4860

Australia

This will be followed by a wake at a venue to be announced soon.

All are welcome to attend.

Thank you,

Russ

15. Emanance

Emanance Guest

This is just such a shock. Rest in Peace Maggie.

16. Ross

Ross New Member Silver Stacker

Rip Maggie

Maggie was my first trade and sadly my last. Thank you so much for everything.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm very sorry for your loss Russ and family. Please accept my condolences.

Maggie was the most polite person I've ever interacted with online.

Rest in peace Maggie.

18. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Same here. :)

Regards Errol 43

19. swoydaz

swoydaz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've got an iPad mini.

I was looking at the lower pic of Maggie.

And dam it, I kissed it xoxo ;)

20. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

I want to share my Maggie story too. I was never sure who Maggie was, if it was a nom du plume or genuine someone called "Maggie". But I do have my experience...

I dealt with Maggie a couple of times and was one of my first dealings on SS. Since then I think I've probably done maybe 100 trades, mostly with people I regularly deal with.

So I found Maggie always helpful and trying to meet my needs with excellent communication except for one time where there was a long delay. I thought something was up... and I was unsure what was happening for a while but Maggie pulled through obviously.

Some months later I put in an order for sbss coins, which I really enjoy collecting BUT that's when I got sick and much bigger problems in my life happened. Everything went pear shaped for me. I didn't follow through with the order with good reason, it was wiped from my mind, I was hospitalised and a few surgeries later I am still here. Anyway I put a WTB ad up to get the coins and Maggie contacts me saying she's still got them. But by now I know the premiums have gone up and I thought I had missed out on these coins and I was prepared to pay what they cost. Maggie gave me the details of the coins and the prices... I couldn't believe it, they weren't marked up at all. Having been financially hit by my ordeal and still trying to get back the metal that I had to sell, I felt it was a gift from Maggie. Now with Maggie's passing I think Maggie made such a massive part of the early SS experience for me. And when I was low gave me a "score", I was so happy. I didn't buy the coins to make money on them either, I just ordered 1 of each. This experience really did cheer me up, small pleasures I guess but still and I never got to share this until now.

I have prayed for Maggie and her family and I just want to express my gratitude for Maggie and her thoughtfulness to her family.

I hesitated to say something and felt out of place sharing my little experience but to me it was meaningful for me though and I think a glimpse into a her character that speaks volumes.

I'm sure God has welcomed her with His loving warm arms and she is with Him.