The silenced majority

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Silver bullitt, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Well, by virtue of the fact that the very robust debate on this subject has just been closed I would have to conclude that people are not sick of the debate but rather a small group are afraid of any public debate showing where public opinion really resides on this issue.

Silver Stackers is clearly controlled by people with a vested interest in suppressing debate on subjects like this even at the demise of this forum as I know that thread was attracting interest in the wider Internet community.

It seems the clearly pro left agenda of Silver Stackers forum management is more important that the survival of the forum itself which I imagine will most likely go the same way as metal prices have gone, into decline and oblivion.
    This will probably be deleted also but I have made some provisions for this likely event. 37.8% yes to 62.2% no.
    It seems clear how the silent, or rather the silenced, majority will vote in the plebiscite.

vrv8, wrcmad, Seven of nine and 2 others like this.
  2. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

I see what you mean. GEORGE ORWELL'S ANIMAL FARM all over again.

All of a sudden, some Animals are more equal than others. Lol. _JLG.

PRIVILIGES.jpg

Seven of nine and Silver bullitt like this.
  3. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I think the mods are pretty tolerant here. Sometimes things get out of hand and they have to be the grown-ups.

4. I'm certain you are aware that I am the member who requested my account be closed and the reasons why.
    The request stands but has not been actioned.

5. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Thanks ozcopper - my post on Page 2 of what turned into 27 Pages. Sigh.

P.M..JPG

Seven of nine likes this.
  6. Just between you and me Oz, don't let it get out that no one can get banned from the forum for misbehavin n such, all hell could break loose!
    Anyway, my mistake, I thought it said 'current affairs" on the door when I came in.
    Silly me. :oops:

7. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

8. I would just love to see those reports and who wrote them but such as it is, I am a mere pawn in the game and not part of that privileged elite who deal with such matters.
    I do remember a rather arrogant and abrasive member saying he was called arrogant usually by people who were losing the argument, right before he actually did lose an argument with me.
    Hmmmmm ;)
    How strange when the wind blows in the wrong direction..........

Ahh, my infamous last words in that verboten discussion.

"Yet another example of the hypocrisy and confusion rampant among the left wing activists."

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2017
    vrv8 likes this.
  9. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This must be the place then.

10. I do so admire a person who can laugh at themselves and their silly mistakes.
    Yes, this covers the very amusing efforts yourself and shiney made trying to argue your case.
    Thanks for that, I needed a bit of levity. :)

Are you a natural blonde Julie or do you use a rinse? :rolleyes:

11. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Now don't shoot the messenger of logic SB but how about until you get your account closed you don't write anything here?

Both provide the same result.

12. My answer to the question is NO.

13. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ Thats what I thought snowflake...grandstanding/ whinging is your goal not having your account closed. :rolleyes:

Your thread title is incorrect too...clearly you nor anyone on here has been silenced. A thread was closed/deleted yes (It was 27 pages of shit from both sides anyway) but no one has been barred from posting.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  14. Beyond blue?
    Wow! jokes about mental illness now.
    Shows the kind of hypocritical low bastards some of you really are.
    This is gold for exposing the real nature of the equality, peace and love champions who are in fact pathological liars and..... Fucking hypocrites!
    I have a long term mental illness BTW, which involves a severe depressive disorder. If you would like to take advantage of that, mebe do some hatin on me for it, be my guest.
    How's this working out for the credibility of the yes argument. LMFAO

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2017
  15. Don't worry Julie, I won't ignore you like shiney and stinking phoenix.
    You are way too funny. :)

16. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Pretty well actually, considering you consider homosexuality to be a mental illness.

Oh the irony. :cool:

Edit to add: maybe you missed the bit where I wrote And on a more serious note.......

Anyway, you're becoming tedious. Have fun posting rants at no one who's interested.

17. Bet you lefty pricks would love to get rid of me.
    I'm the beating heart under the floorboards,
    The corpse from the crime perverts and their friends do not want exposed.
    There you go! Why not kill me like the old man with the tell tale heart and then you can go back to preaching your 'equality and love for ALL' bullshit.
    To wax Biblical for an example of why you can not hide the truth.
    Genesis 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground."

18. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I stopped posting in that thread awhile ago however I was watching it progress and thought, whilst an emotional subject, it was handled with sufficient respect and lively discussion. I didn't see any need to squash the conversation other than the fact that a stalemate seemed to have been reached between a number of parties.
    however the thread as a whole was very informative as to the real issues being thrashed out and how each side is choosing to do so and I feel that it was shut down because the likes of juliew complained about it and got it shut down rather than allow free discussion on a subject they want to bully people into accepting
    the same way they tried to stop this in court before it even started
    I hope the moderators considered this before they decided to delete the thread as they didn't even stop it, just removed all trace of the discussion from the forum and whilst I respect the rights of the moderators to administer their website how they see fit this decision to take this action shows their position on this issue and willingness to use their power to suppress the opposition
    I am really disappointed

19. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I stand corrected, it isn't deleted, just stopped from further discussion.
    I would ask that the moderators reconsider this until after the vote has been completed so we can report back on what is occurring around Australia eg gay marriage supporters head-butting former prime ministers, gay marriage activist firing staff for their political beliefs etc

20. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Serial,

Grow up. If 'bullying' is asking for a rational argument then life has been kind to you.

I don't have to ask for free speech to be silenced, you lot do it so well yourselves.

Three cheers for moderators who actually know where the line is.

mmm....shiney! likes this.