The process of 'waking up'

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Dabloodymess, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

I started to realise a while ago there is a lot of anger amongst stackers at a lot of things ie. the government, the 'elite', bankers... basically anyone they can point their fingers at be they real or imaginary.

It struck me tonight that the process of someone coming to the realisation that the system is turtled seems to closely follow the Kubler-Ross stages of grieving:

Denial- baaaaa baaaaaa baaaaa
    Anger- 'how can they do this?!', 'its criminal', 'destroy [insert someone to blame here]'
    Bargaining- 'everyone buy an ounce of silver and we can end this nightmare!', 'this new politician will change everything!'
    Depression- 'we will all die in FEMA camps'
    Acceptance- 'I may as well just stack up so whatever happens me and my family are all good, nothing I can do will change things'

What does everyone think? Does this seem to hold true or havve I lost my marbles? :D

2. Lunarowl

Lunarowl Active Member Silver Stacker

You've lost your marbles...

hey, where are mine?

3. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

your marbles are in your bag boys get your missus to check & see if she can find them.

But seriously i think your pretty close to the mark once you hit the acceptance part youve turned the corner to a better life imo

4. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Speaking for myself only, I was never really in denial, just most of my life I couldn't really get to the bottom of it. Kind of like things were always nagging away at me for the longest time and no-one I knew had adequate answers. eg. why does the prices of nearly everything keep going up? Things like that that didn't make sense, but that I didn't know where to start looking for answers.

When I started to figure it all out there was much anger, which still comes occasionally, but now I'm just at the point where I use my knowledge to my advantage while at the same time being subversive, which is actually quite fun.

I did the Ron Paul thing for awhile, ie"if the Americans just vote in RP it will all turn around", so I guess that could have been my bargaining stage. Don't think it's ever really depressed me.

Advice that I hear, and agree with, is that people should try to find freedom within their own lives. Live the principles that you believe in and you can feel happy. You can't change the state. No-one can. Just hope that the general trends of history toward more freedom continue to hold and do your own little part to advance the ideas while enjoying your life and living it to it's fullest.

I think that the more that a person understands how things work in the world the easier it makes life. You need a good understanding of yourself and your environment in order to feel more secure. Those who don't or who deny things tend to be the more insecure people in my experience.

5. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The thing with Kubler-Ross is... a 'subject' doesn't have to go through all the stages... they can skip steps. For instance going straight to Acceptance from Denial. Or they can get stuck in a particular stage of the process. Like me for instance, ...I've been stuck in the anger stage for about 36 years! :/

6. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, I would call my first stage "great frustration" and it lasted 3 decades. :)

7. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

I think so as well, and I like to think I have got there... I had a period where I was quite angry, and its not healthy.

And good to hear I may have just misplaced the old marbles rather than lost them :)

This sounds pretty spot on, and again what I aim for... whether I am successful or not just yet though is open to conjecture!

8. Fykus

Fykus Member Silver Stacker

The depression stage happened for me when i learnt about peak oil. lol.

Ive had an idea for a while now, someone/me/we should make a website called the red pill or something like that. becoming a stacker, to me, was like taking the red pill in the matrix and seeing how far this rabbit hole goes. Learning how the commodity market is manipulated, how money is created, how all paper money is debt, peak oil, etc etc etc etc
    Itd be nice to put all this info in one spot but i suppose its already been done and i guess people wouldnt really be bothered to look at it anyway. I suppose all you can really do is just keep trying to nudge people in the right direction and let people slowly learn these things themselves.

9. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

Chris Duane
    "Buying physical silver is by far the greatest act of wisdom and rebellion
    an American can and should be doing right now. It is both a Silver Bullet
    to rebel against the Elite's rigged paradigm built off of debt and
    death and a Silver Shield to protect your family and wealth in a post-dollar
    world. Buying physical silver and keeping it in your possession is
    non-violent, non-compliant resistance. Most importantly It works
    outside the system and it cannot be stopped."

http://shop.silverbulletsilvershield.com/

In other words " Starve the beast ", When we stop becoming weapons of mass consumption it hurts them.

10. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

Level 3

"fight"

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Recommended Viewing :

Module 1 : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6B8294583C093B9

Module 2 : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB5C277B604A69720

After watching those you'll realise there's plenty of people out there (including many here on SS) who 'talk the talk' but chose not to walk the walk - but want you to believe they do.

Spoken like a capitulator who may have woken up to the lie, but chose to take a seat at the table instead of walking away from it.

I see you.

12. renovator

Why because i know where the boys left their marbles ? Or because i know whinging & whining wont/cant change the status qou & find its better to concentrate my energy where it makes a difference in my life ? Lets face it im not going to do anything to better your life am i ?

13. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As long as you are using your energies to work within existing rules rather than lobbying to increase the windfall regulatory rents then yes, please do. The wonders of the invisible hand will provide the benefits to others.

14. renovator

Thats my outlook on things work with what your given ,theres not much more you can do .I dont waste my energy lobbying for anything new or improved . The system is fine in its broken state if you know your way around it

auspm calls it capitulation ,indoctrination ,& all sorts of other stuff i call it doiung what i have to :lol: complaining wont feed you

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Must... resist... the... urge... to... invoke... Godwin's Law.

How can you open a thread to bitch about Australia's ripping off people for profit (on grog) and then claim innocence when you ride the corrupt government hand out train and charge market rents is beyond me.

'Price gouged Australia' on grog is bad, rentier capitalism for what the market will bear good?

You're so full of it, I'm surprised you can even still stand straight Reno...

16. bordsilver

To be clear, I am completely happy for you to take that approach just as I am completely happy for the many people to be angry about the evils of the system as it currently exists. There is plenty to be angry about even if it is "fine in its broken state". However, as people like auspm (and many others) know, the fundamental and natural inclination of "the system" we have is for it to become more broken unless people rail and complain about it. People like auspm, AustralianAustrian and others help you by (hopefully) not making the system worse or potentially manage to get a turn around and make everyone's lives better (including their own). If everyone was as complacent as you then it is guaranteed to get worse (but you are free to be complacent).

Edit: There is PLENTY wrong and immoral about everything the average person takes as "normal" as has been clearly pointed out time and time again. Complacency against that wrongness doesn't make someone immoral but maybe knowing it is immoral AND being complacent does.

17. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It is hard to get past the "Anger" stage when there are new things to be angry about all the time.

As auspm may have been saying, if you recognise what they are doing and go along with it you are complicit in the deceit. He sees me!

I think fractional reserve banking is evil and banks creating money out of thin air to facilitate (not make) loans is evil too.

However I had already set out on the path of investment property ownership before I had even heard about Fractional Reserve Banking and I still find it hard to believe that such a system could be allowed.

But I still have my home loan, I am still supporting the banks as they commit fraud and theft on a monumental scale. I am still in debt, in thrall to the banks, still a slave so I can service the debt.

I can become self sufficient on 2 acres of land but I can't drop out because once I own the land, I can't pay the council taxes in lettuce, I would have to sell the lettuce to get Australian Dollars to pay the council. but I couldn't sell the lettuce until I go on a Food Safety Course and get a licence from the council.

Even if you chose to turn your back on the corruption you are forced to participate, it is not a case of 'taking a seat at the table'

Auspm sees a lot in Black and White, (Maybe he doesn't but it comes across like that in the limited environment of an internet forum) however many people are put in a situation where they have to make the best of what they have and they have to sit on their principles and work within the system, even if they don't like the system.

Other people are of the opinion that if life gives you lemons, you make lemonade and they can use the system to prosper.

These people make use of the system, other people abuse the system, e.g. dole bludgers.

The two are not the same and treating them with the same contempt just because they have not only learned to sit at the table but to sit at the head of the table is a little skewed.

It would be nice if everything in life was black and white, goodies and baddies, but that is not the reality, it is more like the Chinese philosophy of Yin and Yang, or at least, what my western perception of it is.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

It's not Reno's complacency about the unjust system that's half as disturbing as his extreme willingness to exasperate it - and expect others to give a pat on the back for doing so.

Even worse, there's plenty of people on SS who will be more than willing to give him the thumbs up for doing so.

Mark my words, the whole philosiphy on 'waking up' is a wasted paradigm for many on this forum. They're more interested in how you can use that knowledge to cash in on it and get rich.

But that in itself is simply indicative of the wider problem that's the prevailing paradigm of today - exploitation for profit.

You have to understand and appreciate the hypocracy of those who acknowledge the nature of the beast and then continually choose to support and indulge in it whilst yapping on about their morality in doing so.

Remember recently when a certain property investment magnate around these parts claimed they were the 'most moral person I know'?

It's disgusting and embarrassing how full of crap some people around here can be and honestly expect people to be so stupid to buy into their BS.

Like I said - I see these people, even if they don't have the decency to admit they've been caught out.

That's personal bias making excuses.

Dole bludgers bad, Debtors good?

You all still have a choice, at least be honest enough to admit to your willingness to make that choice.

What irks me is how people will make the conscious decision to participate and then make endless excuses for doing so.

This is the nature of wider consciousness and the cyclic nature of it. It's hard not to invoke Godwin's Law on the issue, because it's a very strong and damning example of the extremes of capitulation through history and modern day participants will do anything to avoid the (obvious) comparison or deem it irrelevent because of the difference in nature of the process (or extremes of it).

But the basis for the ideology and fundamental paradigm present the same thing.

We endlessly see people on these forums lambasting others for partaking in the same scams and schemes they profit from, then aggressively attack anyone who points out the obvious hypocracy.

Bottom line is, most people who have the cognitive ability enough to recognise the hypocracy in not practising what you preach will project that anger towards their accuser and not admit fault in their own actions, assuming always in the end that the ends justify the means (ie I'm rich, you're not - end of debate!)

We've seen that before many times in history too, but the end result will still be the same.

Why?

Because human nature remains the same at it's roots and that the only thing we (as a collective) learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.

19. bordsilver

+1 Jis. The only people who I would "abuse" or really think negatively of are those who know what is wrong with the system, are in a position to make real changes and yet still do the wrong thing. Two of three doesn't cut it (including "knowing, can't change anything, do so anyway" or "don't know, can change everything, do so anyway" etc).

20. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker