The LIST - Precious Metals Pumpers

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Miloman, Apr 14, 2015.

1. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"Realists" are an annoyance because they challenge a simplistic and false world view with a less false world view.

2. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

Zero Hedge has different authors, no?
    Definitely a source of pumping though.

Jim stays on the list. He was pumping all kinds, especially comodities, above and into the crash.

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

To quote Sherman T Potter of Mash fame, horsehockey. What you wrote about Rogers is the opposite of everything I have ever seen from him. One thing he consistently talks about is taking the opposite side of a crowded trade. That is very similar to what Warren Buffet said. Rogers also frequently mentions not buying anything that has gone up a lot. Not exactly pumping is it. And I can provide videos where he says things like I wrote. You need to either provide proof of what you are saying about Rogers or admit your error.

4. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Rogers openly admits to being a terrible short term trader. He shared some opinions on metals in 2011 that didn't pan out, but he's been bearish in recent years, often saying gold can correct to under $1000.

Not a pumper, just likes metal and is a little too vocal about it.

5. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

Very passionate, i see.

Well im out on a phone and rarely visit SS much nowadays. In this bull market i started in 2003 maybe 2002, but definately 2003, id need to check.

Jim has been wrong on lots. Commodities, currencies etc.

Now we can see you've got a crush on the guy, thats fine. And yes he's very successful, no doubt about it.

This is the internet and your ultimatum is laughable but of "if" do find time (as im very busy) ill look for some of his videos and post.

6. randomname

randomname Member

speaking of "pumpers" and "lists", this thread pretty much reveals most on this site who constantly pump metals down. to place all those people/sites/companies on the list on the first page into the "pumpers" bin, some of them very well respected, indicates to me that the entire thread was probably created to discredit PMs and all PM analysts/proponents.

yet amazingly, those same posters are often here multiple times daily and give the appearance of being avid metals buyers/traders. something does not add up.

7. SpacePete

"What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."

8. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I am an avid metals buyer/collector and I would have to agree with the OP on MANY names on the list. You hear talk about the red pill/blue pill bit on these types of sites, but I say that many who think they took the red pill (on the issue of gov, banks, how the world operates, etc) need to take the red pill again to see their pundit heroes don't know any more than they do and need to check on who they get their info from on PMs. Many of the PM pumper sites are so full of $h!t these days they would give The Onion a run for its money on number of BS stories being run.

You can go back over the past few years and many of the PM pumpers have made the same predictions each week and are never correct. Or they take a fact and extrapolate it X 100 to come to a crazy conclusion. I have found since taking the red pill a second time (this time with respect to seeing all the online BS about PM's), I actually am doing better with my PM investments than when I was believing the so-called "famous hedge fund manager" or "former this or that BS guys". Some guys even say there are NO deliveries of metals on the Comex and it is always cash settlement (even if against the wishes of the long)- which is complete BS.

Many of these pundits have cost their followers lots of lost $$$ over the past few years I would imagine.

PS Also, it is against the PM pumper bible to ever say metals are going lower, then you become a TROLL. Even though all those calling for lower metals over the past few years have been correct and the pumpers were not.

Just my opinion.

Jim

9. SpacePete

That's exactly what someone from the shadowy cabal of anti-pumpers would say. ;) (Not sure if I have been placed in that bucket too.)

10. randomname

randomname Member

hang on, i'm confused.

you're all avid buyers/collectors/traders(physical or paper) yet you buy something expecting the fiat conversion price to go down. you bought/buy expecting that you will make a loss. ok. and obviously believe that you may not see that back in your lifetimes, but you still have a keen interest in buying and being here every day.

yeah, tell me another porky please.

"but wait", i hear you say, "i only short the metals, so i make money when it goes down".

so then you've just confessed that you've got a vested interest in talking down the metals and analysts.

inconsistencies in false or erroneous arguments can always be found.

11. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I can tell you are confused. Let me explain a bit more. I am mostly all in on PMs with my investment money. I bought in the mid 2000s and I bought some on the way down from 2011, and I bought the bulk at the $14 to $16 levels over the past year and a half or so. I think silver will go up some day but nobody knows when. For the past 2 years I have focused on obtaining semi numis stuff I pick up close to melt and that now makes up a large part of my collection- most has some built in value over melt so I don't care if we drop to $13 again or lower. I have made good connections over the years and a couple of my local dealers treat me like a dealer. I consider my PM stuff a hobby as much as a long term investment.

Having said that, PMs don't go up all the time and the PM pumpers try to get people all fired up with BS stories that never come true. One day when PMs finally go up they will all say "see I told you so" even though they were wrong plenty. What bothers me the most is I feel I am being lied to by some of these pundits. Some of their claims are so ridiculous they can't be just bad calls or errors in thought but have to be big lies- meant to stir the readers emotions either to buy PM's or maybe buy whatever the pundit is selling?

I think PMs will go lower but they won't stay there long. I will buy more volume if we get to $14 or lower but am not motivated now to "stack" at these levels.

Just my opinion.

Jim

12. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

13. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here are some educational FACTS for you.

What has been your most spectacular gain?

The Quantum Fund. When we started the company in 1970, I had $600 in my pocket. Within 10 years, the portfolio had gained 4,200 per cent.

So no he did not have $10,000 to put into the Quantum fund.

When you realised that you had made your first million were you tempted to slow down?

I can remember the exact day of my first million dollars' net worth. It was in November 1977. I was 35.

So unless the Quantum fund made a 4200% return in 3 years, no he did not make $42 million.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/0e676a08-d602-11de-b80f-00144feabdc0.html#axzz4CfdGblI7

14. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

An anti-pumper? That would make them a sucker wouldn't it.
    Suckers are what pumpers prey on. Wrcmad is no sucker.

15. masmas

masmas New Member

Great list :)
    I never knew there is a spruikers list for precious metals investing.

I was about to buy Jim Rickard's book to educate myself but when I saw his name on the list, I'm now refraining.

16. Snoopy

Snoopy Member

you might need to add Keith -triple digit silver- Neumeyer CEO of First Majestic to the list

17. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ wish I bought some First Majestic stock near start of the year!

18. Snoopy

Snoopy Member

^ observing how relentless the miners performed since Jan 2016 some with triple digit percentage gains, perhaps the thing with pumping triple digit silver is not all that far fetched anymore. Does this still sound too ridiculous ?
    Who knows ?

What amazes me is MSM ignoring them completely. Sure they would have had orgasmic parties if an Apple stock would gain some 300% in 6 month or so. Got to make sure J6P is not suppose to touch anything metal related, I guess. Better buy some negative yielding Bonds and other bankers wonder paper.

Perhaps it is warranted to review the pumpers List and find those who suggested 10 Month ago to buy a silver miner, First Majestic.

19. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ yeah, if some corporation like Apple or some other stock shot up 400-500% in 6 months like First Majestic silver did we be hearing about it all over the news.

20. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

First majestic is a penny stock compared to Apple lol.

And tiny mining companies do that on a regular basis.