The Future is Past

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by JulieW, Aug 6, 2012.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If history repeats the banksters had best note that howling dispossessed mobs know right and wrong.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/will-the-peasants-go-medieval-on-bankers.html

2. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

Interesting bit of history; I wander what chances a modern day equivalent would have of eventuating.

3. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

I'd argue that the modern day westerner values his/her life a lot more than they did in those days - and hence to achieve a critical mass of discontent for which people are willing to revolt and risk their lives, things would have to get a lot worse than they are now.

Back in those days, lifetimes were short, people died all over the place from disease, murder, wars and corrupt Govts, and they (probably?) had to be prepared to put their life on the line in order to protect what little they had. Plus, the taxation back then probably took them from poverty into starvation, as was the norm back then. No westernised countries have starvation at the moment as far as I am aware.

4. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

Dogmatix is right.
    The rest of you are whacked.

More extreme 'sports' now than the good ol' wrestling Lion days. They were the days.

5. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

I'm flabbergasted, Mr Food agrees with me ;)

I probably should have added that a bunch of suicidal young adults who play shooting games on xbox might be up for a fight - at least until one or two get captured and water-boarded.