The (COTY) THE 2007 Mongolia Wolverine & The 2011 Mongolia Owl

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by JoeFromNorthCarolina, Feb 3, 2012.

1. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Thank you Acme. Is it possible to buy this coin there? If anyone will be in Berlin we could arrange a buying group and get it at issue price?
    I'm in :)
    Thanks!

2. SILVERCOINSSHOW

SILVERCOINSSHOW New Member

Still my favorite coin of all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xml4ehAnDsc[/youtube]

3. SILVERCOINSSHOW

and the 2012 LONG EARED HEDGEHOG

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPfJWqmrnY[/youtube]

4. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

My favourite is the Hedgehog, so cute!
    Any hint what will be next coin in series? I'm so curious :p

Alex.

5. SILVERCOINSSHOW

I managed to get two Hedgehog coins.So I decided to sent one to NGC for grading . I have never seen this coin in slab. I paid 200 euro for each... so if the grade will be low, I still have original capsule,COA and box.

I will update you,once I receive it.

6. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Please let us know of the outcome. I have only seen this series in a PCGS slab graded at 67. Maybe because of the antique finish?

7. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I contacted NGC earlier in the year wanting to grade a whole set, but they told me they don't grade them anymore because the crystal eyes have trouble fitting into the holders, and it has caused problems? PCGS, however, were OK with grading.

8. chinsiong1967

chinsiong1967 New Member

hi friends! congratulations! mongolia owl won Most Popular Coin of the Year and has chance to win COTY 2013 which results will be announced early February 2013.

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis...e&ArticleId=26169&et_mid=593788&rid=234630096

Krause Publications Announces 2013 Coin of the Year Winners

Krause Publications, a leading publisher of coin and paper money books, magazines, and other reference products, has announced the winners of its 2013 Coin of the Year Awards.

Ninety-nine coins issued in 2011 by mints and national banks worldwide were nominated for the 2013 Coin of the Year Awards, honoring coins displaying the highest achievement in theme, design and marketing. Judges picked winners in 10 categories. From these, they will select an overall Coin of the Year winner. The 10 category winners for 2013 are as follows:

The award of Most Historically Significant coin was given to the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic for their 10 Som, silver coin commemorating the Silk Road. (KM# 48)

Best Contemporary Event coin was awarded to the Austrian Mint for its 25 Euro silver and niobium coin celebrating the evolution of robotics. (KM# 3204)

The South African Mint was awarded the honor of Best Gold coin, for it's 50 Rand gold featuring the meerkat. It is part of the Mint's Natura series entitled "Nature's Families". (KM#511)

The Royal Canadian Mint claimed the award for Best Silver coin for its 20 Dollar silver coin, which features a canoe in the water and it's reflection. (KM# 1176)

Monnaie de Paris will take home the award for Best Crown coin. It is the second issue in a new series called "From Clovis to Republic - 1500 Years of French History". It was created by famed fashion designer Christian Lacroix, and features Charlemagne. (KM# 1802)

Best Trade coin was awarded to the National Bank of Lithuania for a 1 Litas copper-nickel coin honoring the sport of basketball. (KM# 177)

The Most Popular coin of 2011 was awarded to the National Bank of Mongolia for its 500 Togrog silver coin featuring an owl with crystal eyes. A previous coin of the series featuring the wolverine was awarded the overall Coin of the Year award in 2009. (KM# 309)

The Most Artistic coin was awarded to the Bank of Latvia. The winning coin is a square, 1 Lats, silver piece honoring the artist Alexandrs Caks. (KM# 120)

The Most Innovative coin of the year was awarded to the Royal Dutch Mint for its 5 Euro silver coin celebrating the Mint's 100th anniversary. It features a QR code (short for Quick Response Code) on the reverse, which can be scanned with a smart phone for more information. (KM# 302)

Finally, the Most Inspirational coin award was taken by the Mint of Poland for a 10 Zlotych silver coin honoring the 100th Anniversary of the Society for the Protection of the Blind. (Y# 796)

Judges are set to complete their voting in mid December for the overall Coin of the Year Winner. The 2013 COTY Awards will be given on Saturday, February 2, 2013, at a special ceremony during the World Money Fair in Berlin, Germany.

The Coin of the Year program is sponsored by Krause Publications' World Coin News.

9. SILVERCOINSSHOW

Hi SS
    I received 2012 Long-eared Hedgehog coin from NGC yesterday graded PF69.

I have some question regarding NGC

How can I check how many of these coins NGC graded?
    I read that first I have to open account in NGC, then I will have access to this data.
    Can anybody provide this information.

Thank you for any help.

10. silverfever

silverfever New Member

If you are a member you can access population cencus reports.
    Otherwise fire me a PM with your NGC cert # and i will find out for you.

11. SILVERCOINSSHOW

ok

12. SILVERCOINSSHOW

Hi SS
    Here is my Long Eared Hedgehog graded by NGC PF 69.
    I need your help to find out population of this coin, cencus reports.

[​IMG]

Thank you in advance.

13. Honestcoins

Honestcoins New Member

I thought ngc didn't grade coins with stones in them? Did they make an exception for the wildlife series? Or do away with that rule?

14. Diablo21

Diablo21 Member

I thought the same. I wouldn't mind slabbing my wolverine, owl, and hedgehog.

15. digoxin

digoxin Member Silver Stacker

"Population data not available" is the message I get when I log in as a NGC member. Maybe yours is the first coin submitted at this stage.

16. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Me too. I had a full set ready to send to NGC, and they told me they don't slab them anymore. :/ Here is the email:

17. SILVERCOINSSHOW

I submitted this coin in September by my local dealer. After one month my coin was sent, I read this post. So I called NGC to find out is it true... they said they had some problems with slabs, but now they grade these coins(as you can see).

[​IMG]

18. Honestcoins

Honestcoins New Member

Good to know. Thanks :)