Tesla: Wall Street scam in plain sight

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by mmm....shiney!, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Imagine buying a Chinese made Tesla. Old mate, third gen Aussie born Chinese guy gets in and the Tesla senses he's a practitioner of Falun Gong or has attended pro-democracy rallies, so the Tesla makes for the nearest brick wall or cliff.:D

Holdfast, STKR, aleks and 6 others like this.
  2. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

lol that gave me a good laugh! :D

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Three letters? ESG.

4. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Why the hell would you buy outdated rubbish like that. :p embrace the future.

5. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Im guessing your filling your portfolio with Cobalt, nickle And lithium Mines and those dirty old chemical spewing nickle refineries? lol
    least you can say you embrace the future, like those pretend corporate green guys who are really embracing their pockets. lol

ahaha. Self driving Chinese Teslas, that would make a very interesting world lol ahaha
    If they dont fall apart they will turn Communist and turn on you.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  6. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One Tesla share equals one ounce of gold? :eek:

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.43.05 pm.png

7. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Holy moly. Look forward to robin hood getting in on silver one day...

8. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Working on it... ;)
    Ec0tvH4WkAAAmzm.jpg

9. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$20k worth of shares in 2015, can now buy a model 3 with 30-40k spare.

10. mmm....shiney!

Moving from cars into energy steadily, I'm slightly more interested.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 10.59.20 pm.png

Just letting you know too if you want to read the report it's probably the price of sacrificing your first born. Just be content with this little tidbit.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Ivykoin likes this.
  11. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Tesla here. The Singapore government refused to give Elon a tax break so it costs half a million for a model S. For this sort of money, might as well pay a little more and get a real luxurious Bentley.

Just saw it even has a tax surcharge for excessive carbon emission used to generate the electricity. :D

spannermonkey and 66rounds like this.
  12. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

We have teslas all over in colorado. They have been building little charging stations everywhere and we go behind them and sealcoat the asphalt parking spaces so they look nice. Theres usually 10 spots to charge or around that.
    I'd like to drive an m3 up over Monarch Pass like in Fast and Furious! Badass cars!

13. leo25

You might like this video. Good info regarding Lithium batteries and Tesla.

If all this "Build Back Better" talk we hear from governments mean massive battery usage, then maybe lithium mines might be a good play for the future? Atm they are priced to die, just like gold stocks in 2015.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  14. mmm....shiney!

Thunder Said Energy commented about batteries in a regular email I received from them lately. Their opinion (based on analysing patents lodged) was that battery storage of energy is likely to be an inefficient means (comparing cost v benefits) of meeting future energy demand when compared to more effective alternatives eg gas technologies etc. I posted a link in the Black Gold thread I think. On that note, I was looking at a company called Redflow (RDX), a battery producer and decided I may well be better off buying gas/oil stocks rather than speculating on new technologies in battery storage. Of course Thunder said Energy and I could be wrong. And I only get small tidbits of their reports as I don't want to buy them. But I digress.

And just because something is likely to be less efficient than an alternative future technology doesn't mean governments won't embrace it and chuck money at it. Especially if it means votes. ;)

sgbuyer and leo25 like this.
  15. leo25

It won't replace traditional power, but i think it will complement it.

haha that's my thought too. Governments and majority of people think battery/solar and wind can 100% replace traditional power. They might try and fail.

Jason1 and spannermonkey like this.
  16. sgbuyer

Have to be careful with the energy companies. A lot of them are throwing tens of billions of dollars into money losing green projects and it's affecting their bottom lines. When "green companies" lose money, their prices will go up the more money they lose and the more government money they waste, but when energy companies lose money in green initiatives and need to slash dividends, their stocks get trashed.

Maybe I should also look into portable gen set companies. I can imagine Californians using them because it's cheaper than the grid and more reliable. Perhaps there would come a time when everyone of us need a gen set and a barrel of diesel at home.

And a small hut to house it and contain the loud noise it generates.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    spannermonkey likes this.
  17. Timmy88

Timmy88 Active Member Silver Stacker

Being a farm owner I use diesel engines for pumping water our of the dam's, pumping up to gravity fed tanks, have various generators for different applications, it works fantastic, and a hell of a lot cheaper than getting mains power.

In terms of longevity, with basic maintenance quality small engines can last a life time no doubt about it, I have a little Lombardini that is from the early 90's still goes well after a puff of smoke on start up.

That little engine in the photo is a Kubota RK/RT single cylinder diesel engine. Not cheap might I add, be 4-5 K AUD for one new.

I personally think its a great alternative, but we have been sold convenience of flicking a switch and having mains power.

Once you make the change I doubt you will go back, maybe I am just a sucker for small engines.

Timmy

sgbuyer likes this.
  18. mmm....shiney!

That's the key. You're a farm owner.

The cost of installing a diesel generator that could meet the energy requirements of each house in a suburb, combined with the cost of diesel, the cost everyone pays for the pollutants pumped into the air far surpasses the price to connect each house to the grid.

As you said, you're a small motor fanatic. Future energy grids will be incredibly energy efficient, being much more flexible than current grids in that instead of turning off renewables when demand falls, it is stored.

"Thunder said Energy" have a different outlook:

The future energy grids will be producing more power, more efficiently with less CO2. Those systems cannot be installed in back yards.

19. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Lithium mines would definately be a good play for the future, actaully any mining, solar panels and batteries dont just apear without the natural resorces that are mined out of the ground to make them out of.
    Try and tell that to an anti mining pro green energy advocate, they think the materials that make them just apear and no holes in the ground need tobe dug or no poluting co2 and chemical spewing processing plants are needed to process raw ore into to their suitable applications.

Least now the government will be investing in gas fired power plants again

leo25 likes this.
  20. sgbuyer

Didn't expect a reply, Thanks. I suggested the gen set as a tongue in cheek joke after reading the blackouts in California. We never had blackouts in Singapore, for me, not even a 1 second trip. The last one I experienced was like 15 years ago so there's no need portable generators. But I remembered seeing portable generators in farms in Indonesia and Malaysia and they are very noisy. We live in an information age, power supply is very important. There should be redundancies and not to mention the threat of EMP that can threaten the grid. This is a strategic issue.