Tesla: Wall Street scam in plain sight

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by mmm....shiney!, Feb 25, 2015.

1. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

On second though someone who designs a four door car with rear gull wing doors may not be playing with a full deck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

leo25 and spannermonkey like this.
  2. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Looks like Musk took the deal after all so as well as stepping down as chairman he has to have two independent directors.

3. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

SEC is a joke. What a pathetic punishment, $20 million is nothing and he can still remain as CEO. He should be in jail and nothing less. What's the point of laws if they are not enforced.

sgbuyer likes this.
  4. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The banks are laughing. Enforcement is a selective joke.

Speaking of Musk jokes and the the SEC:

[​IMG]

5. Silverthorn

Jaguar I-Pace and Ionity charger. The jag can't make use of the full 350kw and is software limited to less than a teslas capability for a time.

6. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So it’s been 1 month since the first supplier of parts to Tesla has gone bankrupt, citing explicitly the only reason was non payment by Tesla and now with more than 10 Liens taken out against Tesla by different suppliers and needing $1 billion to pay back maturing debt this month, what will they do?

Also note no banks are willing to give Tesla better terms, basically because with interest moving up and Tesla is seen as higher risk customer, so how long before bankruptcy?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    mmm....shiney! and leo25 like this.
  7. Silverthorn

8. leo25

Naa they are just shifting money around to make it look that way. Get out your pen and paper and write this down.

-Tesla bankrupt - mid 2019.
    -Elon Musk locked up in psychiatric ward - late 2019.
    -Elon Musk has major surgery to turn him into an AI woman - mid 2020.

spannermonkey likes this.
  9. Ipv6Ready

I doubt they will go bankrupt, but I see one of the majors buying them 2019/2020.

All this electric car numbers is a smoke screen, be it a loss, real profit or even fake profit, it doesn't mean jack to real Tesla valuation.

Any one (like most Tesla investor) thinking the number of units sold mean anything are fan boys or deniers for the sake of knocking it.

Since no one is going to pay Telsa royalties for battery tech or manufacturing know how.

The real value for Tesla is AUTO driving, and will they become a leader and licences the technologies.

ie Will they become Google or Myspace of autonomous driving full stop

Consider this... there will come a time within next 50 years, it would be impossible to get insurance for human drivers.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  10. Silverthorn

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...o-q3-profit-sales-more-than-double-2018-10-24

11. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

I'm not sure that makes any sense.

Pending a major change in valuation, Tesla already IS one of the majors... that only figures to grow now that they have a model 3 price point which is affordable to the average Joe. They have done good marketing with these cars showcased in every wealthy major city's mall across America, people like the looks and the concept, and Tesla's piece of the USA car sales figures to only grow if their cars prove dependable.

Ford $36B
    GMotors 45B
    Chrysler 25B
    Tesla 53B
    Toyota 187B
    Honda 47B

When they're basically #2 auto maker in the world in terms of market cap and overall value, who would (could?) buy them aside from Toyota, which has no reason to even consider that since it is already developing much of the same tech (electric, self driving) just fine on its own?

I'm not saying I'm an investor or fan of TSLA, not saying I'd ever consider buying their car, and I'm not saying the stock or their market cap is appropriately valued. I'm also not saying the infrastructure of charging stations won't continue to be a problem. However, whether you like them or not, their recent earnings results, car volume sales, and stock market forces have spoken clearly: the company is here to stay.

12. leo25

All you can say is the company is here to stay for the short term. Once the subsidies end, other manufactures start producing better built and featured electric cars and China starts making electric cars for half the price then Tesla will be an old fad that everyone will forget about.

Tesla reminds me of the Twentieth Century Motor Car Corporation

[​IMG]

spannermonkey likes this.
  13. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

Uh, are you insane? You just used an example of a car company that never advanced past a prototype (if they even had that?) and never was mass produced. Tesla is no longer just a few cars being tested and a couple of overpriced car types told to people with more money than brains out in California....

Have you been on the roads or in the malls in the US this year? You see practically as many Tesla model 3 as you do Cadillacs lately. They work fine. In the long term, who knows how they will fare in terms of maintenance or reliability, but they are doing fine thus far. And my experience is in the Detroit, Mich area... a place where Ford and GM and Chrysler are from. There is a lot of loyalty to the big 3 American makers here... so I'd imagine the percentage of cars on the roads being Tesla is even higher in other parts of the country, particularly on the US Pacific coast.

Again, I don't think it's the best car company ever or that I'd be interested, but they have something that is selling quite well. With their recent sales and future demands, it won't be hard to keep lines of credit open. Yes, they get government funding for some of their tech and materials, but that is true of nearly any decent sized manufacturing company. At any rate, you sure don't see long waiting lists for people to buy Toyotas or Hondas or Chevy Volt cars right now... but you do for Tesla.

14. leo25

That's because other car companies know how to produce cars on a mass scale, so there is no need to wait. ;)

15. leo25

This is the interior of a shitbox, designed by a mentally ill scammer. (Requires drinking kool-aid to think it's good)

[​IMG]

This is the interior of a real car.

[​IMG]

spannermonkey and mmm....shiney! like this.
  16. Ipv6Ready

My reasoning is Tesla is valued as a late stage start up like Uber....

However unlike standard tech startup like Uber, Tesla have extraordinary cash burn rate they cant just stop- ie they are making cars, consider Uber can say, lets stop development on Uber app and stop funding Uber eats for year... Uber cash burn would drop significantly. Tesla cant do that, Tesla cant say lets stop making cars for year.

Many great ideas and technology like myspace has been sold to others because they lost leadership.

17. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Tesla has potential because of Musk, but whether it will remain valuable depends on whether Musk can control himself. Remember there was a time when Jobs lost control and was ousted from Apple? Ingenuity and insanity are both sides of the same coin.

Change the logo and there will be people will be selling their kidneys to get one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  18. Silverthorn

The major car maker's tesla killers will lose them money. LG Chem is already into Audi for more money. The battery manufactures are the only ones who will make money out of the tesla killers, even Hyundai are constrained.The Jaguar iPace has also turned out to be an inefficient dud.

Tesla has just leased land in China for its next gigafactory. They are the first company not to have to partner up with a Chinese company. The exponential curve tesla is on is going ballistic in a couple of years as china is the biggest EV market and China wants them.

Meanwhile Tesla has shown a profit for the third time and they are expecting their energy division to outstrip the car division next year.

19. Silverthorn

There seems to be a surprising amount around Sydney considering there is no subsidy I know of down here. It makes me think the model three will be pretty big when they start shipping down here. They are going to be selling big numbers for years I would think.

20. leo25

That's because China has no need to partner with them, as they already know how to make the batteries and already are. https://qz.com/1317745/here-are-all...electric-vehicle-battery-giants-are-building/

There may be an exponential curve for EV's in China, but Tesla won't be part of it. Yes China wants EV's, but they have no need for Tesla in any way. Tesla doesn't have any unique technology.