Terrorist attack in Paris, large numbers of dead, hostages taken

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by SpacePete, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was referring to the point of it. It would bring the world together to see each other as all being humans of this one world.

2. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Maybe ... but thats not what was being suggested ...

3. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chVKSY2gT00[/youtube]

Reagan hinted at this in the 80s ... so hating on the refugee crisis is just bad timing ... sheesh ...

4. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

Focus on fear, but overlook hate? No comment on the darkside?

Fear makes you turn and run, becoming the prey.
    Hate resonates in attrition.

Sometimes you need to stand your ground, and level a spear when the lion charges, and move to use it's force against it.

Do we chase the lion? Follow it into it's den? No.

Do we kill all cats because they might be a lion? No.

Does hate solve a conflict? Are we so basic that we see no strategy other than hate and violence? If so, how are we any better than our adversary?

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Re: Aliens

Look at it rationally. Humans bring nothing to the earth except destruction, they kill each other and other species for sport or convenience, they pollute their food and their water with not a thought for their fellows or other species. They sit at the top of the food chain but their absence would not matter a whit, since they kill the strongest of other species and leave them to rot. The worms do well without human intervention.

Exterminate. Exterminate. Exterminate.

6. Ghost

Ghost Member

I don't care about all that race/religion/sporting affiliation bullshit, I just want to live my life in peace and enjoy the fruits of my labour...

When my way of life becomes threatened by something, I'd rather wreck it's day before it wrecks mine... WTF does the Middle East contribute to the modern world except for maybe a historic portal back into the dark ages...

7. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Some bitingly black humour from Frankie Boyle:

8. potala

potala Member Silver Stacker

<opinion> Self-indulgent twaddle </opinion>

9. Skyrocket

What's the bright side of it then?

I couldn't be bothered answering the rest of what you said/posted there because it was all jargon that made little sense to what I was talking about.

smk762, I think you often put forward some good posts/opinions, other times it's just jargon.... a bit like me :p

10. sterling-nz

sterling-nz New Member

I can understand that.
    We are not being given that bloody choice though.
    From what i read this morning things are getting worse:)

11. potala

You have to wonder why Turkey is still in NATO. Originally it was a secular state included as a bulwark against USSR. Now it is sliding into being just another islamic state with more in common with ISIS etc than Europe.

<opinion> Erdogan wants his Ottoman Caliphate back </opinion>

12. hussman

hussman Member

Show me where I said fear was a useless emotion :rolleyes: You will make anything fit your narrative/perception of events

13. potala

Hussman,

I am sorry, but you will have to explain yourself. I have tossed in a few facts (anyone is welcome to dispute them of course), as well as a number of opinions (which I will now try to flag as such), but I cannot see too much in the way of emotion. You are welcome to refute or disagree, but all you have done in this thread is try to throw petty insults at me (Not that I am insulted of course - I would have to have a modicum of respect for the opinion of the insulter to be impacted - no evidence to justify that yet).

No one has to take my word for any of this. My main point in all of this is that people should look into Islam for themselves and form their own considered opinion. It is not hard. Get a copy of the Koran (or on-line), read it all, and understand some simple concepts such as Abrogation and kitman/taqiyya for starters. Then you may see a problem - or not.

14. Skyrocket

You made it out like that. I used the analogy of a lion wanting to attack us as a reason why fearing something is needed. And you tried to replace it with "respect" which didn't make sense in the context of the matter being discussed here. That's why I said that, that you quoted me there on.

15. hussman

hussman Member

Hah you get caught out on a lie and you back track like a politician, trying to find another angle, So apparently I first said something (which I never did), then you say I implied I said it (which it cant be found). Im not letting you get off scot-free on this one. Look at the highlighted parts, and have a good think about it. A real long hard good think about it.

On another note. If you, by your quoted definition of fear, get in a situation where you try to out run the lion, hide from a lion (good luck with that) or freeze when he approaches you. You are as good as dead. But if you respect the lion, you can confront him and fight for your life. But I guess its easier to roll over and die as you stated by your analogy and quoted definition of fear. I dont blame you for just giving up on life and rolling over. Its beats a hard days work :rolleyes:

Why dont you go and tell the people in Paris to fear the terrorists and do exactly what your quoted definition says to do. :lol: :rolleyes:

You keep digging yourself into a deeper hole. Just let it go.

16. Skyrocket

^ No, I think you are the one trying to find an angle. You did try to make out like fear should be replaced with respect.

And the second thing you said there does not make sense....again.

17. FullMetalFever

FullMetalFever New Member

C'mon potala - don't you understand that's the modus operandi of all faux intellectuals like hussman? Who needs reasoned dialogue when you can just fling insults?

And what of your personal real-life experiences? Well of-course they matter not, for the faux intellectual will dig up a pre-canned internet quote that automatically discredits anything you say.

I wouldn't waste my time on him ....

18. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Why don't you have your catfight by PM so people interested in the topic stated
    dont have to listen.
    Your wasting our time.

19. potala

Thanks FMF, but I think intellectual is too strong a term - faux or otherwise. Even a pre-canned internet quote would be an improvement.

At the risk of labouring an analogy to death. Fear or respect for the lion, who the hell cares? What you do with the lion (Islam - but a very poor analogy I think, a lion kills for food) is build a fricking great fence so you separate yourself from it i.e. keep your distance.

A better analogy, I think, is that of cancer. You let it spread and it will kill you. Currently it is spreading. You try to stop it spreading and hopefully change it from being malignant to benign. The cancer cells, of course, think they are normal and are just doing what they are programmed to do, but when they have killed the host, they are toast themselves. The host often doesn't realise it has a cancer issue till it is loo late. Also, there is no point excising the cancer if it is contained. Surgery is always risky.

20. sterling-nz

sterling-nz New Member

Kind of related ..
    French authorities have put key "suspected" climate change protesters under HOUSE ARREST in order to stop any disorder while ts state of emergency is still in force.
    So nothing to do with terrorism , and the French authorities are fully abusing their institutional powers.
    NO SURPRISE.....