TCM for viral Infections

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by whay, Feb 29, 2020.

1. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

I think it would be tough to do it with acupuncture. But TCM is not just acupuncture, it does involve a raft of herbals, also qigong.

You could do it with herbals and qigong. I was leaning more towards the herbals. I’ve never heard anyone say acupuncture cures viral pneumonia (although I think I’ve read of a trial of sorts about cellulitis, with unfavourable results)

2. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

The point is the evidence. There’s no veering away from it. If it’s there, then the quality of the evidence should be assessed and critiqued, which is part and parcel of the scientific method.

If the evidence is recourse to authority based medicine by “ancient wisdom” and a case series of anecdotal vignettes by an acclaimed practitioner, let it be that. It’s a case series. But that is not the same as saying it has properly been compared against a placebo where the subject and the investigator have no idea who got real TCM and who got fake TCM, at random, with a properly matched control group to eliminate confounders.

3. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

So IPV6 one thing we may all be missing the some synergistic effects between active compounds and compounds though to be not active.
    The synergy is one reason why i have respect for traditional medicines .