Susan Sarandon welcomes refugees to Greece

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sterling-nz, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ Most of the people flooding into the EU are NOT from Syria. Look at the chart/figures in the BBC article you just showed me before. It even says that there. But BBC is biased and full of crap so those figures be more then that I say.

But this is about ISIS.

We were the ones that deliberately caused the situation with ISIS in Syria and now we are saying lets do something to help those poor Syrians. Do you not see there is something seriously wrong with that? Our corrupt leaders truly don't give a dam about Syrians. They don't even give a dam about us. They care first about themselves.

As I said before, if Western nations really wanted to help Syrians after what they caused there, the best way to help them is to help them in their own country by sending a multinational combat force into Syria to take out ISIS on the ground. That would help all Syrians. Is that better then offering refuge to a tiny fraction of the 23 million Syrian population? Of course it is. But we don't want to do that because this is also about Assad, Russia, oil, ect and of course the USA's agenda there.

Islam is the most aggressive religion that is intolerant of other religions.

The reason I said those (Islamic) refugees/people won't integrate into those EU nations and culture is because of the circumstances it is happening in. People with that background that migrated to Western nations in the past (like here) usually migrated with the intention of intergrating/assimilating to those nations and there was a good chance that they did, like we see Muslim people who migrated here and accepted/respected our way of life, our laws and tolerated other religions here too. But what is happening in the EU with all those Islamic background people flooding there is different. They were offered free welfare money to go there and that is the main reason they are going there and not because they wanted to intergrate. So the chances of them intergrating there is far far less because of that.

Expect a lot of future trouble in those EU nations from those freeloader migrants and in time I bet EU citizens will regret doing that because nothing good can come out of it for them. But EU also let thousands of ISIS members in with them too, so expect to see a lot more terrorist attacks, deaths and destruction there. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be another terrorist attack on Christmas day because last attack in Paris ISIS said they were killing for the Christian crusades against Islam in the distant past. It's a holy war now.

2. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Active Member

This is not correct mate.
    It may well be that Islam is taking the limelight at the moment ,but Christianity is responsible for FAR FAR MORE DEATHS than Islam.
    I am not on either team , but this is the truth.

3. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Active Member Silver Stacker

An estimated 9 million Syrians have fled their homes since the outbreak of civil war in March 2011, taking refuge in neighbouring countries or within Syria itself. According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), over 3 million have fled to Syria's immediate neighbours Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq. 6.5 million are internally displaced within Syria. Meanwhile, under 150,000 Syrians have declared asylum in the European Union, while member states have pledged to resettle a further 33,000 Syrians. The vast majority of these resettlement spots 28,500 or 85% are pledged by Germany.
    http://syrianrefugees.eu

That may be a bit old. You can also just go to Wiki -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugees_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War

So in actual fact the vast majority of Syrian refugees are located in the Middle East. But don't let the truth get in the way of some scare mongering.

4. Skyrocket

I was talking about now and not in the past. Christianity now is tolerate of other religions and Islam is not.

5. col0016

col0016 Active Member

No, rich Christians in Western countries are tolerant. The difference is the wealth and education, not the religion. The religion itself is essentially the same as 500 years ago, the people practicing it in the West have changed.

Unfortunately, growing up poor and constantly being bombed by people from the other side of the world will probably make you easy to convert to extremism.

6. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sorry to upset some of you people, but the news is the news:

[​IMG]
    Source: Santa is Real. Don't be Fooled.

7. CFP

CFP New Member

8. CFP

CFP New Member

This is like saying Spanish Influenza is highly dangerous because it killed 50 million people in 1918 even though we have a vaccine for it
    and comparing that disease to one that is prevalent today that currently kills people then claiming it is more dangerous than the modern day disease.

9. Skyrocket

CFP, Bill Maher was right! Another thing is Christian religions don't teach if they kill defending their religion they will become a martyr or go to heaven or whatever.

Btw, I meant to say before "Islam is the most aggressive religion AND is intolerant of other religions."

10. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't mention vaccines around here mate. Apparently they are useless and/or dangerous. :D

11. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

12. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

What about Judaism?

[​IMG]

Maybe, for the good of humanity, we should all convert to Satanism.

13. Skyrocket

Not a good one either.

Maybe, for the good of humanity, we should drop all religions altogether?

Boardsilver will like that last bit about Satanism.

14. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

The BBC article quotes IOM and UNHCR as its sources. It also shows that the number 1 country nationals applying AND granted asylum is Syrians. How is it possible that you can write so much drivel and yet can't read English?

If the BBC is so biased who is running more credible figures on where the migrants are coming from, that is showing something different? Tell us your amazing source that contradicts this?

15. Skyrocket

????

Your eagerness to attack me is making you blind. Read carefully what I said there again and then look at the chart from that BBC article you posted to me -

[​IMG]
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34131911

Add up all the people not from Syria and see if the number is higher then Syrians?

"Most of the people flooding into the EU are NOT from Syria."

^ is that right?

It would be interesting to see the figures from November to now. I bet the % would show even greater to be coming outside of Syria.

Also, I wonder how many people would be lying by saying they are Syrians when they are not?

16. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

17. Lovey80

This whole tangent came from your ridiculous claims that most of the people in this crisis weren't refugees and I said OF the Syrians, most are legitimate refugees. Your claim was that not even 2% are refugees. Considering that the vast majority of the claims being made are from Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Eritrea and Nigeria, and most of them will be granted refugee status your propaganda claims of 2% are completely wrong.

Literally you can take from that chart that 2/3rd of the claims made are from countries where the vast majority of the claims will come back with legitimate refugee claims. The other 1/3 would have a more skeptical rule put over them.

18. Lovey80

Here's stats directly from the experts in this.

http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php

These are just the arrivals by sea, some stats:

972551 Arrivals by sea. 90% of the sea arrivals come from the top 10 nations that produce refugees.

Top 3 are :49%Syrian, 21% Afghani and 8% Iraqi. Just those three make up 78% of all arrivals by sea.

Should we expect that SO many more arrived by land that it dwarfs these numbers so heavily to make these three less than 2% of the total?

Ready to apologize and pull your head in yet?

19. CFP

CFP New Member

20. Lovey80

That's a wonderful message isn't it. West says to Middle East: "guess what we're going to come in and turtle everything up and when SHTF we want you to let refugees into your country not us ". Sounds legit.