Super funds upgrading their computer systems at the same time?

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by SteveS, Nov 28, 2016.

1. SteveS

SteveS Member

I am with PSSap while my wife is with Australian Super. Strangely, both funds decided to "upgrade" their computer systems at the same time, and took a surprisingly long time to do it - ten days or so I think it was, completing on 27th November (PSSap). Since then, AusSuper has been "experiencing issues" while PSSap is "working through transactional backlogs" - so both systems are still down and it's impossible to check your fund.

I find it very odd that (1) both funds - and possibly others - should undertake a major upgrade at the same time (2) that they appear not to have done much offline, before shutting down, based on the time it has taken (3) that, despite taking that time, they are now both offline, albeit using different excuses.

Is your fund offline? Are you aware of anything that has forced the super industry to undertake large-scale software system upgrades? Is it just coincidence?

Could it be that this is some process designed to ensure that the Government knows exactly who has what, and where it is, ahead of more superannuation and pension changes?

2. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Iinet took my monthly mobile and internet bill from my credit card twice.....

F***KING ropable.

Scathing email send to them demancing recompense.

Not sure about my superannuation account.

3. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Same with AMP, I don't know when upgrade or whatever started but I wasn't able to log in last night. All good now.

4. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A glitch in the MATRIX?

REDBACK

5. sfstacker

sfstacker New Member

Not all entities have a unique website. Take this forum for example. At the very bottom right hand corner it says "Powered by FluxBB." That's the company that made the template for this forum. They're ultimately going to be the ones who have to address all the spam posts we've recently been receiving in this forum. When they finally find a fix for that then ALL the websites powered by "FluxBB" will have to be updated. Have your banks talked about any new online banking features or shorter transaction post times coming in the future? Because this would be reason enough for a major upgrade of multiple bank sites. Especially if they're all made from similar templates.

6. SteveS

SteveS Member

The "several more days" that PSSap said they needed to catch up on the backlog of transactions has now passed, and still the members' site is unavailable, with no advice about when we might expect to have access again. Very poor service and potentially a significant issue for folks actually in retirement.

7. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Loads of financial services companies outsource parts of their IT infrastructure or just piggyback off one of their supplier's facilities. They'll cover the website with their own branding and language, but under the hood it's a generic platform that's being used by dozens of other organizations.

8. SteveS

SteveS Member

PSSap site still not working. It has been down now for thirteen days and the members page still says processing the backlog will take "several days". Totally unacceptable.