Sunshine Mint Silver eagle 10 oz bars!!! my 2nd love

Discussion in 'Silver' started by LonelyStacker, Sep 28, 2017.

1. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

I especially like the videos from history, like this one which discusses how Rome was the greatest empire when it was around and that they initially started with 90% silver coins but the emperors one after another reduced the silver content eventually to 0%silver. Bronze coins might get clad in silver but it would wear away quickly.The effects of inflation took time to destroy the whole empire but for the people(that’s me, I’m in the people group) , prices for goods grew 1500% well before the empire collapsed. What I took from this is basically if you don’t hold any “real money” when the time comes you’re going to have a lot of time to think about what you did with your fake money when your working 8-12hrs for 1/10 of an oz of silver. (Unless silver really is much more rare than gold 7billion oz of gold/1billion oz of silver above ground) than perhaps you’ll work 8-12hrs for 1/10 an oz of gold.....

It’s not a conspiracy to say that America is doing some of the same things, taking silver out of the money and political issues are plentiful, who knows (besides possibly the federal reserve) how long the process will take before all the buying power of a dollar will not buy a single oz of silver

GoldSilverPlatinum likes this.
  2. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

Looking those debasement scenario, i worked hard and with the currency surplus in my pocket, i bought precious metals and superior things that i think worthy for what i had earned. We have a choice. I used bank as well only for short period of time. I used PM as a savings vehicle for my surplus income. I used money to make things easy for me like buying tools and machinery. These things makes and creates money for me.

3. Sue Sherratt

Sue Sherratt New Member

I've lost nearly $2000 in my silver. Hoping one day to make a profit

4. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Did you buy when silver was around $27-$33? And lose the $2000 when silver dropped to its current levels?

5. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Tomorrow is payday!! And this upcoming Monday morning I’ll be heading over to JM Bullion to order more silver bars. This is my second step in “higher” premium silver. I considered Scottsdale mint a good brand not high end premium but definitely a little more expensive over spot, I got my first patriot metal 10oz bar last paycheck so this one I’m ordering 2 bars. Putting me at 3/5 of my 5 bar stacking goal.
    https://www.jmbullion.com/10-oz-patriot-metals-stacker-silver-bar/

A little dreaming though is ok and my thoughts have turned to acquiring stack of kilo bars after I get 200oz.
    https://www.jmbullion.com/1-kilo-patriot-metals-stacker-silver-bar/
    200oz is a few weeks away but I’m excited about getting my first kilo bar

A little exploring of the big bars room and I spotted the legendary 100oz bar and guess what they have a Patriot metal! Although I really like the Canadian 100oz too.
    Figure if I call myself a stacker I should probably have a “stacker bar” to round out my collection.
    https://www.jmbullion.com/100-oz-patriot-metals-stacker-silver-bar/

It’s attainable if I go slow, keep stacking consistently at current ounce levels and increase to larger bars after goals are accomplished.

6. TacticalGarand44

TacticalGarand44 New Member

I personally intend to stick to 10 oz bars as my maximum weight. It seems quite a bit harder to salt them. They're quite liquid. And the premiums aren't much better than 10 oz bars.

7. GoldSilverPlatinum

GoldSilverPlatinum Member

Depending on your strategy bigger bars can certainly fit in your stack. However I would advise to try to keep your emotions under control when it come to larger bars at this stage. It is important you look at your other expenses and assets you got/want. These might be of influence of your stacking strategy when it comes down to (forced) selling time. Remember expenses and asset value changes through time as much as the netto worth of your stack.

8. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

I will keep stacking 10oz bars as my go to silver choice. and I tend to agree with the larger bars becoming less liquid compared to a 10oz bar but are only less liquid because they are bigger than most silver purchasers can afford. I can not drop $2,000 often and get a 100oz bar easily but I can purchase 10 oz bars ten times and get the same oz result. in my opinion 100oz or Kilo bars can be just as liquid as a 10oz bar, maybe not for a private buyer but for sure the same liquidity if I go to the local pawn shop and barrow against a big kilo or 100oz bar.

Ive already had issues in the past with lending cash to a person and being screwed out of the money so for me, Individual buyers/lenders are pretty much not where I plan to off load my silver on, Ill stick to the pawn shop or online dealer when and if selling some silver is needed. One day I'll stack some larger bars but not until I get a couple hundred of the 10oz bars first.:D

And this morning I ordered 20 more ounces in the form of 10oz patriot metals stacker bars:cool:, they ship very fast and I'll be sharing picks and more discussion later in the week.

Silverbandit007 likes this.
  9. GoldSilverPlatinum

GoldSilverPlatinum Member

Keep up the good work mate and glad to read you gave it some good thoughts. :cool:

LonelyStacker likes this.
  10. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

This afternoon I got 20 more once’s of wonderful silver bars! Stacking out of every paycheck I believe is best for me. It’s a great way to minimize spot risk, and now that I’ve stacked consistently over 6 paycheck I have seen it work out for the better. My highest spot purchase was about $17.50 and I got 20oz.... and my lowest was about $16.70 and I got 1bar . From what I’ve read and picked up from long time stackers any price below $20 is pretty awesome. Buying around $17-18 is an excellent time to hop into silver stacking.

Adding these beautiful satin colored Patriot metals bars to my stack put me at 3 out of the 5 bar goal. Currently I’ve stacked 134oz. 10 bars and 34 1oz coins
    I love bars and finally having ten 10oz bars feels like accomplishing a mini goal.

https://ibb.co/bUtd5w
    https://ibb.co/kLjUCb

Well on my way to the 200oz mark, I hope I’ve inspired our new members to keep pushing those ounces ever higher!

If your suffering for silver keep up the struggle, because if it was easy everyone would do it.

JNS likes this.
  11. TacticalGarand44

I'm avoiding unique, colorized, high premium silver. I want plain, brand name silver with clear hallmarks.

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  12. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

May I suggest Goldstackers Perth Mint stuff?

Etc. etc. 12 SILVER INGOTS.jpg

13. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

I do like the Perth mint bars they look classic and classy. I should give them more consideration. Been considering some Geiger security line bars to for my next stacking 50oz goal https://www.jmbullion.com/10-oz-geiger-security-line-silver-bar/ definitely going to take a look into some Perth bars and see what I should do first

I agree tactical, I’m avoiding painted silver and sticking to brand name silver, I guess I’m kinda avoiding government silver slightly too, only because it is in my opinion a high premium choice but I would definitely stack more of it if the price over spot wasn’t approaching $3.00

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  14. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

32.150 oz per Kg. readily recognised around the world. What's not to like there? _JLG.

15. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

I’ll probably get 10oz bars from Perth first though, kilos one day next year

16. TacticalGarand44

Again, I'll emphasize that I think 10 oz is the ideal size for bulk silver storage. The gigantic bars, if you ever sell them you will have to pay for an assay, and only a few dealers will accept them. I believe it is nearly impossible to salt 10 oz bars.

17. JNS

I have been in Seattle, Washington and found a lot of bulk silver buyer in 2 bullion stores. I stayed in one dealer for a while and had observed that 10 Oz bars are selling like hotcakes. They were offering big bars but most of buyer preferred the 10 Ozers. Finally, i went back to my hotel with additional weight but an empty wallet as well.

18. JNS

Here's mine from yesterday lonelystacker, keep stacking' high.:)
    Bars.jpg

19. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

That’s a big beautiful stack jns, bars to me beat coins when it comes to satisfaction in stacking a few articles I’ve read kinda hating on bars and emphasize semi-numi coins but I’m not sure... what’s hot in semi numi today may not be hot tomorrow has always been my stance and pretty much avoiding of semi numi

JNS likes this.
  20. JNS

IMO, since you are living in US, why not taking into considerations some coins that can make higher premium in the future, i was in the pacific rim trading yesterday and my hand become grounded when is see the price of Australian Coins, +35 +50 +80 spot. Probably some Pandas, Australian and Mexican Coins. However, i am persistent buyer of both of them (bars/coins) because i want to enjoy silver stacking. I dispatched as well some gold coins i bought last month, to win couple of hundreds and buy the proceeds with these bars. If you feel happy with the bars well, nothing can beat a happy man. But don't forget to enjoy, probably i will offload some more coins to buy a new wrist watch for keeping my self esteem up, it is sale every where here.

Enjoy your stacking always:), because no body knows what is ahead of us.

My Regards
    JNS