Sunshine Mint Silver eagle 10 oz bars!!! my 2nd love

Discussion in 'Silver' started by LonelyStacker, Sep 28, 2017.

1. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Evening stackers,

Im new to the forum but have a long love for silver. Stacking has always been a dream for me ever since I was around 19years old (25yr old now) and started having access to a job and expendable money. Unfortunately like most people that expendable money went everywhere else except where I truly wanted it. So this year I set a personal goal to stack 50 ozs in silver or $1000 committed.

I've done extremely well in pursing this stack and am currently at 65oz!!!! My next goal is to get to 85oz then to the legendary 100oz!!! Stacking 100oz, to me,significantly increases my self confidence as a true, however lonely,stacker.

Ill be sure to keep you posted on my stacking, I hope I've inspired other new or old time stackers to keep pushing those ounces ever higher!!

2. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

My current love and stacking goal is to get 5 sunshine mint silver eagle bars, I buy through JM bullion for what I believe is a reasonable $0.79 premium over spot. Compared to those 15 silver eagles at like $2.70 over spot.

I say my second love because my first 10oz bar purchase was a pair of engelhard bars that where very well worn, scratched up, but once that first sunshine bar hit my hand I knew I'd be back for more

In my research I couldn't go to wrong with these 10oz bars, high liquidity and name recognition are why I love these 10oz bars to push my ounces ever higher.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  3. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Thanks, setting small manageable goals I know I can attain is my plan to stay on track and in time build an impressive stack

4. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Got my 4th sunshine mint silver eagle bar today. This marks 85oz on my way to stacking 100oz of silver. Really beginning to appreciate my choice in stacking as an alternative to a traditional bank account. Stacking just these 4, 10oz bars is like $720 with the added benefit of being beautiful to look compared to 7 Benjamins.

My next step is to complete my first stack with a total of 5 bars. And to complete my 100oz stacking goal I think I'm going to look into some 90% silver coins, probably some mercury dimes. After reading some shtf threads and some internet scenarios on silver I've been thinking about it and in that kinda of event it may be hard for the guy at the grocery store or gas station to "make change" for a full 1oz coin, the closer to extact change the better in some cases. So introducing some junk silver may not be so bad after all.

raven and m3sca1 like this.
  5. m3sca1

m3sca1 Active Member

That's a good idea- i suppose if shtf then we could end up cutting them (pieces of eight style) or plugging out holes for small coins, and holey coins

6. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Exactly m3, I read about that in the past it was called "hack silver" they would cut up coins or whatever the silver was in to get the extact weight. But it largely went away once standard weights and government minted coins started being much more available.

m3sca1 likes this.
  7. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Today's mail has delivered my fifth silver eagle sunshine mint 10 oz bar completing my 50 oz stacking/collecting goal for these beautiful bars.
    Also delivered is my next stacking goal a Patriot Metals 10 oz Stacker bar (a Scottsdale Mint Product). with the delivery of that bar it also completes my 100 oz stacking goal!!!!! at a total of 105 oz of silver I feel like I've earned the privilege to call myself a true Silver Stacker.

The next goal for me is to get to 200 oz, I'm going to start off by stacking 5 of those Patriot Metals 10oz stacker bars. Once completed I'll get to choose a new bar to stack five of and keep pushing those ounces ever higher.

Attached Files:

8. TacticalGarand44

TacticalGarand44 New Member

Excellent! Now diversify into gold!

Grimey and m3sca1 like this.
  9. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

I like gold but I’ve been reading a lot on silver lately because I saw a post on here when someone said there was more gold above ground than silver. I didn’t believe it at first I thought that’s crazy “there’s no way.” But my non-scholarly research has reveled to me that there might just be some truth that silver above the ground today is less than the amount of gold above ground today.

especially investment grade .999 only makes up 3% of the silver market above ground.

I’m a silver stacker at heart and when I go for gold my first gold coin will be a pre-1933 $10 gold coin

10. m3sca1

m3sca1 Active Member

Feel free to share some links on that info-would make good reading...

11. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Jm bullion opinion on how much silver is in the world
    https://www.jmbullion.com/investing...metals/how-much-fine-silver-bullion-in-world/

Silver more rare than gold, speculation
    http://investmentwatchblog.com/silver-is-actually-rarer-than-gold/

Silver could become the first precious metal to go “extinct”

“Real value of silver” opinion, I really liked this video because of the comparison to ancient times and the fact that the majority of the world still works for less than $2 or 1/10 of silver a day

There’s a lot more opinion based videos and articles out there but these are a few of the ones I liked and validate my “feelings” for stacking silver and holding out on getting some gold until a later point in my life.

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  12. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

varunkumarracer, STC and JNS like this.
  13. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

What ever makes you happy, if you are enjoying it, then you're doing it RIGHT.

However, i was like you who love so much silver, i stacked and stacked silver in all types.
    I say, i really become addicted in stacking as well as collecting years before. Then it broadens to gold, now platinum and palladium.

If you want to have a meaningful stacking, choose the path carefully with balance spending sharing good time of your life while doing it.
    Indeed doing it right will bring you more enjoyment as years pass by, at the same time your goals of stacking will be achieved perfectly.

That was very good for having a long time horizon for silver stacking and being target oriented. I congratulate you.

Relax then and enjoy the process.

There are a lot of pursuits in life, just do not forget that.

LonelyStacker likes this.
  14. GoldSilverPlatinum

GoldSilverPlatinum Member

Congratulations on your first 100 oz. From experience I know it is a great feeling :D

What you stack is up to you and silver is a great starting point! However as TacticalGarand44 said diversify. It can't hurt that much.

Imagine you are in great need of something for yourself and/or a loved one and the only way to get is to have gold or platinum as the person who could help you don't see silver in the same way as you see it. Wouldn't you be happy to have some diversification in your portfolio?

That's just my one ounce of silver, gold and platinum thoughts;)

Grimey and LonelyStacker like this.
  15. TacticalGarand44

My personal preference is for quarter ounce gold. The premiums are not too bad, and you can diversify into several different attractive designs.

Premiums will be around 20 bucks per quarter ounce.

16. Grimey

Grimey Member

Even though I am a new stacker as well, I have done quite well in investing in property & shares and a diversified portfolio no matter what your investment choice is always is always the smart way to go.

Goldsilverplantnium's simple analogy Is spot on. Silver being your bread and butter, it makes even more sense to diversify into gold etc cause if you did need to offload some metals for whatever scenario you could still keep all/most of your silver while unloading the rest if you so chose too.

17. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

It’s hard to change it up and get gold I’d have to plan for it in order for it to happen, like instead of getting 30oz a month in silver to just 20 a month in silver for about 3 months to get the $600 needed to get the gold I been considering. (Or tap into my cash savings, but I’ve heard the horror stories of what happens to people who stack to fast)

When I’m ready to get my first gold piece Its gots some requirements: can touch and hold whenever I want without worries about scratching up an uncirculated coin
    It’s got to be historic like older than grandpa old, and it’s got to be good sized, like fractional I’ve read a lot of people really like it but I like what a call a “full coin”

https://www.jmbullion.com/10-liberty-gold-eagle-vf/

I really like this one from jm, it’s not garenteed to be in the 1800hundreds it’s a full coin, it’s historic, like when that was minted if you owned a $10 gold piece you were doing something right, think of what someone had to do to attain that coin. (Compared to all I have to do is work about 3 weeks part time while I finish college classes)

And above all I can hold it whenever I want, no worries about a few dings and scratches making it less valuable to a potential buyer, although I probably will not sell it. Last time I bought from a pawn shop(2 10oz engelhard bars) before I got into jm bullion the clerk told me some advice he said “if you can avoid selling your silver do it, never sell it only barrow against your metals” , basically if I need the cash I’m going to follow his advice and barrow against my stack or however many bars I need to barrow against to get the cash that’s needed.

that’s my plan for the gold piece, it’s definitely attainable by Christmas time, and it’s not bad thing to have a little gold so I probably should begin considering putting that plan in place to get my first gold piece.

GoldSilverPlatinum likes this.
  18. TacticalGarand44

My first pieces of gold were a 1/10 oz American Eagle and a quarter ounce, half eagle from 1892 in decent, but not great condition which I can handle occasionally without worrying too much about hurting its value. Now US gold is not based on the true troy ounce; a Double Eagle only contains 0.9675 oz, and the fractional pieces are proportional to that. In addition, they are not pure, containing 10% copper. I would advise you to get one of these half eagles. They can be had for around 30 dollars over spot in more circulated grades, perhaps a little more if they are overpriced. Condition is often overstated for unslabbed gold.

I would advise you not to buy a quarter eagle, as they are wildly overpriced compared to their gold content. Usually over a 100 dollar premium for just 0.12 oz. In that weight range I would advise you look at tenth ounce Eagles, or just save up for quarter or half ounce gold.

19. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have seen both of those videos and find it very interesting. But if it is true of what they say then why is silver only around $17 USD an ounce? Same price as gold and no silver left in 7 years were two of the comments I took away from that, so why is it so cheap if it is that scarce?

20. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

It's the conspiracy lol

Supposedly according to those kinds of videos Inflation has already set in and pretty severely damaged the dollar but if dollars buy silver "cheaply" it makes the dollar look like it's still a heavy hitter. The lipsticks on the pig lol and we are just waiting to find out if it's all true