Suggest a Uranium/U3O8 producer on the ASX?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Roswell Crash Survivor, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Paladin (ASX:pDN) used to be my goto Uranium/U3O8 miner on the ASX, but it looks downright moribund nowdays.

So now I'm looking for a new uranium/U3O8 producers listed on the ASX:

• established producer or near-production (within 1 year)[/*]
    • decent fundamentals on the balance sheet[/*]
    • not cash-starved, or worse, drowning in debt, from developing major projects[/*]
    • looking at a holding timeframe of 3-5 years[/*]
    • not too concerned about risks from project location[/*]

My 'play' is waiting for the U3O8 futures contracts to pick up once more power reactors come online.

Any candidates you know of?

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is who I like

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-75580-boss-resources-boe.html

And this is why

The mine was in production in 2011 before being moth-balled due to the sustained low uranium price. There's $170 million worth of well maintained infrastructure at the site so why would they need to build a new mine?

They are one in four fully permitted uranium projects in Australia. A process which can take anywhere up to 5 years to complete for any new uranium projects. That's a long time to wait if the uranium price starts to rise

An increase in mine life to about 24 years from 8 years due to recent exploration discoveries increasing the potential of future production levels

Uranium prices in USD terms has stabilised over the past 12 months and increased in Australian dollar terms

C1 operating costs projected to be $28AUD per lb and an AISC of $39AUD per lb

Initial capex required to recommence the mine is only estimated to be 10 million and would only take 3-6 months to be fully operational again

Because the uranium deposit is located in sandstone it is able to be mined using the In-situ leaching technique which gives it cheaper capital and operational costs over traditional hard rock mining

3. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ Great!! Bet the house on it then and become a multi millionaire! :cool: