Stolen coins from parcel, after 6 weeks seller no refund

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by atlonsa, Mar 9, 2016.

1. atlonsa

atlonsa Member

Greetings to all.

Please advice.
    Large shop in Australia. There is also in this forum.
    More than 35 transactions before.
    Another premise ordered January 3, 2016, was framed on my father. Sending courier with insurance. The total amount with shipping about 550 AUD.
    At 2 am, the courier brought a parcel and tried to give, but my father became suspicious because the box was almost weightless.
    The father refused to accept the package, as the rules of Russian Post EMS parcels received through courier can not be opened with the preparation of the act.
    Sending went back to the post. After 10 days (yes, that Russian Post) managed to find the address of the post office where the parcel.
    January 31, I and my father arrived at the specified office and in full compliance with the rules of the Post opened the parcel and made the act.
    Content is completely absent, only the outer box and the film inside.
    Some photos and act (smeared the recipient, the sender and the track number) attached.

Sending has been sent back to the seller with the act.
    On the same day all the photos and the results were sent to seller by e-mail.
    Since the beginning of my long correspondence with the seller, which lasts more than a month, but there is no refund.
    In my last message the seller did not respond.

I enclose screenshots tracking packages online Australia Post:
    evident that the February 24 posting came back and was received by the seller on 25 February.

Question - what do I do next?
    Today I wrote another message to the store's website (feedback form), wrote a personal message on the store page facebook, wrote private message on this forum.
    The second point - if the seller will continue to avoid return - I can reveal incognito seller here in the forum?
    The topic I'll send the seller.

Basically, I was ready to submit a request for a refund to Paypal, so just do not want to spoil relations with the seller - in Russia is difficult to delivery from other countries.
    Post of Russia, in spite of the horrible image of the sellers - is not a problem. This is the first case of theft of more than 500 orders.
    2 order through Ebay were stolen, but ... in Spain and Portugal, they did not even come down to Russia.

Suspect me stupid fraud - before it was orders about 15'000 AUD, then 8 more orders (3 already came, all ok) to somewhere in the 3'500 AUD.

I would be glad of any point of view!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

did you see on the package in any way that the package has been opened and repacked-retaped? that would explain the missing contents.

3. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Thanks for that Poirot.

Just claim your PayPal back let them claim their insurance, no love lost.
    I'm sure if you're an as valued customer as you state you are, will be business as usual.

All good.

4. dragafem

what? :rolleyes:

5. atlonsa

atlonsa Member

Yes, when inspecting the parcel there were traces of opening and transparent tape superfluous.
    Of course, I talking about the theft in the postal delivery, something that the seller put the necessary coins I have no doubt.

The problem is that up to the moment of delivery of parcels with me signing the admission receipts, responsible for the contents and package are the seller and Post in its rules, insurance issues and how to get insurance from the Post - the case of the seller, not mine.
    I, as a buyer, can not even get insurance for a coin - it can make only the sender or I, but based on the general power of attorney (original) from the seller.

In the case of an insured event, the seller can solve problems with the Post much as anything, that's his business. Only I am not involved and I can not help.
    Therefore, sellers usually refund the money or resent coins immediately.

But it's definitely not about my case. Unfortunately.
    I also thought that the number and amount of my orders to judge me as a good client. Alas...

P.S. The seller gave the answer. Now he says that they fire an employee and they solve issues left them. They need a few days again.
    Somewhere I heard that.

6. atlonsa

atlonsa Member

This is a question for Australia Post, why it does not show the weight.
    Russian Post in the old version of all it shows.
    But again the question, leading off to the side.

You do not need to know how much was weighed and weigh - it's a matter of Postal Services.
    Act it is at the Post.
    The first page Act below - initial weight - 750 grams, the weight at the time of inspection - 125 grams.

I wonder why such a delay in the refund from the seller, and what I can do with it, but you are playing detective.

7. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You took all the necessary pictures/documentation. Might be worthwhile to drop Paypal a message and open a case with them.

Business relations is one thing, but in this case you didn't get what you paid for

8. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Haha.

So now it's not the seller it's Auspost?
    Who fired the employee again? the seller, Auspost or RussianPost?

9. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

I feel for you, what a nasty situation to be in. I feel pretty safe in saying that it was probably opened in Russia and the contents stolen, rather than anything dodgy by the seller.

Honestly, I am a little amazed that all your other orders made it OK! I definitely havent been game to have anything of real value shipped to me in Moscow.

10. Currawong

Currawong Member Silver Stacker

Probably Australia post. I've bought quite a few things off Russian eBay users (including numismatic and bullion items) and I've never had an issue with the Russian postal service. They're actually quite fast in exporting postal items.
    I'd probably just forward all the photos, your report and other documents concerning the matter to PayPal and let them sought it all out for you.

11. atlonsa

atlonsa Member

Hehe.

And where I said that the suspect seller?
    From the beginning I wrote that the contents had been stolen.
    Probably already in Russia.
    Just what does it change?

Sending insured. Insurance in such cases the seller receives.
    I'm trying to get the seller to refund the money or redelivery coins.
    That's all.

It is common practice, but all of a sudden?

Not correctly written. Literally, the seller has written that this is an employee from the seller does not work anymore. He was dismissed or resigned himself - I do not know.

Regarding the Russian Post - this is false fears.
    I have a huge amount of parcels received from all over the world.
    No problems.
    Problems, if you order phones, tablets, small electronics.
    Coins - not interesting, people do not know what to do with them.
    Investment coins in Russia - terra incognita.

My statistics of internal mail forwarding Russia - 2 cases (one packet is missing, the other opened - the contents have been removed) to more than 2000 shipments.
    Less than 0.1% - in my opinion a good result.

Problems with EMS Russian Post to the present case were in another - couriers come without warning during working hours and do not call. Russian Roulette - finds whether the courier recipient.
    As a result parcels to give me 5-10 days from arrival at the post office on average.

Shortly before this incident, I asked the seller to send the coins common small package, promised to consider the request and since then silence.

12. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

Maybe I am being too cautious... I am going to send a few things back to Aus soon, so I will see how that goes.

13. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

what I would do.
    1. Contact the seller to find the best possible solution to satisfy me (as soon as I paid for not delivered coins and for insurance seller will get)
    nothing happens after ..
    2. Open paypal case - you can always close the case but if you miss the deadline your risk is high
    3. Keep communicating with the seller and notify him about paypal case being open. If he settles before escalating - good for him.
    4. If seller refuses to settle before escalation - ESCALATE.
    5. I prefer to deal with people with reputation, and I am very serious about it. If people can warn me about someone being not reputable then I would like to know it. Of course you MUST leave a room for a seller to explain himself, and this alone will let others know how good or bad seller was.

P.S. Shipped to Russia a lot of times. EMS - 0 parcels lost/stolen. Registered - 1 lost/stolen out of 40something.

P.S. EMS always writes package weight as the shipping charge depends on the weight, they also declare value, so they have something to insure.

14. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Russian Roulette

So that's how the Russian play the game.

A loss game this time round???

[​IMG]

Make me spewed and choke up " DRAMBUIE"

I look at the delivery sequences , there have been a few attempt to deliver the parcel.
    Obviously, the courier get frustrated and anxious ,decided to take the contents.

Now, your delivery address is a Hot spot. Since, this person have tasted the contents.

15. atlonsa

atlonsa Member

January 19 - it is just when the courier tried to pass a parcel to my father.
    Any other attempt of delivery - it was the system date, no deliveries on these dates.
    EMS Russian Post is constantly puts such a mark, which have nothing to do with reality.
    I have many tracks and I know what I speak.

The seller all the required data have been given more than I have given here and from the seller to me there no questions. I have given all that is necessary.

Address for EMS items I changed, as well as the recipient.

Dear stackers! I opened the topic is not about how to protect themselves from theft and how to change all information about themselves in the future, which would confuse the thieves.

I asked quite specifically, tips, what to do and I'll hurry, if I'll go to Paypal?

The second point, if the seller fails to resolve my issue with the direct communication, then it is true noted above, this information does not hurt other people. :p

16. kutylin

kutylin Active Member

I agree with you about your respect to Russian post. It is very reliable in my opinion. EMS is no so....
    Several months ago I tried to buy an item via eBay from uk seller. Nothing special - 2 books for 30 pounds. Seller suggested to pay via PayPal gift. As he had previous positive feedback I agreed.And.... got nothing. I paid for signed for option of delivery but soon after payment the seller told that he lost tracking number :-( As I made a gift I couldn't request money via PayPal. So I contacted my bank and after 2 months received my money back! maybe you can do the same if PayPal will not help you.

17. dragafem

you mention the package was 750 grams.how do you know? have you seen the original auspost sticker? the weight is always on the same sticker as the price if auspost is used. so if it was 750 grams that means something was in the package.so it is safe to say that seller has sent the package. if seller has sent the package the way you wanted it-express post or registered or standard mail-than seller fulfilled his part of obligation.there is no way any seller could do anything if someone opens a package during transit. that is the buyers RISK. if that is the case you are not entitled to any refund from the seller,sorry.you can go to paypal but again assuming seller sent the package as you requested what else seller can do? and if he/she any evidence of packing the goods and photo of the original auspost sticker you are not about to win the case with paypal.

18. atlonsa

atlonsa Member

Time. You talk like a private seller, is not it?
    Try to prove your point of view, Ebay or Paypal - will be unpleasantly surprised.
    If the parcel does not reach the buyer, the buyer will get the money for the purchase entirely.

Responsibility for the goods until the moment of receipt of the goods by the buyer is the seller!
    Confirmation - a postal receipt, completed and signed by the buyer.
    It was after this no questions to the seller can not be.
    If you, as the seller does not want to risk it, then included in the price of lots shipping with full insurance.

Two. Sending was insured, I say again about this?
    The seller will get back most of the money, in addition to payment for insurance.

And three. Thank God, but the seller does not think so, as the ability to make some here in the forum.
    Today, I got their answer that seller will be re-sent all missing coin.
    Once my question really take a responsible employee, everything was decided. To my pleasure and honor seller.

In my experience of buying and selling - the maximum honesty, when you treat customers and by retailers as yourself - a guarantee of a stable, reliable performance, including profit.
    Attempts to put money into the foreground would end badly.

19. dragafem

ebay or paypal needs tracking # which I believe was provided. again whatever happens during transit has nothing to do with seller.

anyway you just gave me another good reason to stay away from paypal.

20. atlonsa

atlonsa Member

You did not understand.
    You speak from the position of the seller - all buyers deceivers.

Online trading is different in the following point of sale in the shop: the seller does not just sell a product, he is also obliged to deliver it to the buyer. Postal Service - a service that uses a dealer.
    Stole parcel postal worker, had an accident vehicle with parcels, lost parcel has been mail - all this is not the fault of the seller, but it is not the buyer's problem, he still gets the money back due to the seller, if there is no insurance, or through insurance if it is.

With regard to the refusal of Paypal, I grieve - but direct payments through credit cards, I just repay through chargeback.
    Do you think that the buyer can cheat.
    Yes maybe. But the seller can cheat

There was already a site sponsor, which in late 2014 threw many users on Ebay for many thousands of dollars. Echoes of his works I've seen even on the German forums, where people are looking for members of the forum, the Australians, and through them beat their gold.
    Two payment I was able to challenge and get through Ebay, one had through chargeback.

From the Seller no apology was not! But lies, including false tracks - abound.
    In all things there are two sides, there is little reason thinking only of himself.