Stoked about the purchase I just made!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Lefty in Texas, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Lefty in Texas

Lefty in Texas New Member

This won't be a lot to most of you, but itwas a significant purchase for me. At $16.67/oz I just bought a 1986 American Silver Eagle NGC MS69 and a 2016 2 oz British Silver Queen’s Beast Lion NGC MS69. I know what people say about collectibles vs buying as much as possible with your money and avoiding the premiums. I bought the 1986 ASE to have a good quality first year Eagle. I bought the Lion Queen's Beast because for some reason this set has gotten a hold of me and I intend to hopefully acquire the entire set in time. The best advice I've gotten thus far is from this site; "Buy what interests you and have fun." Is what it is and I don't regret it, but what do you guys with much more stacking experience think? For the same price I could have bought 7 standard 2017 ASE coins. Thanks and peace!

boneyard, kiona, m3sca1 and 1 other person like this.
  2. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

I do the same, as long as you are happy with it, buy it and have fun. Through your experience if you will feel regretful in the future, just remember that you are once happy when you acquire that stuff. No regrets, it is always healthier:)

m3sca1 and Lefty in Texas like this.
  3. whay

whay Well-Known Member

What people think is totally irrelevant. There will be many Ozs Stackers; and there are also heap of serious Numis Collectors. Not many people believe in the SHTF scenario. Buy what you like and like what you've bought.

m3sca1 and Lefty in Texas like this.
  4. sammy

sammy Active Member Silver Stacker

Good for you Lefty! Enjoy getting what you like, keep getting it slowly and after a while you'll shock yourself by how quickly your stack grows.

Lefty in Texas and m3sca1 like this.
  5. m3sca1

m3sca1 Active Member

Whoever said money can't buy happiness, never bought something that makes them happy!

Lefty in Texas likes this.
  6. kezza26

kezza26 Active Member Silver Stacker

The hard part is when your are wanting/needing some extra change. Always hard to let go of the pieces you love.