Stephen Leeb – The Price Of Silver Will Shock Investors By Skyrocketing To $200-$300

Discussion in 'Silver' started by ozcopper, Nov 23, 2019.

1. ozcopper

ozcopper Administrator Staff Member

Stephen Leeb – The Price Of Silver Will Shock Investors By Skyrocketing To $200-$300
    November 23, 2019
    Today one of the top money managers in the world told King World News that the price of silver will shock investors by skyrocketing to $200-$300.

$200-$300 Silver
    November 23 (King World News) – Stephen Leeb: “When you talk about silver, right now we have to increase the amount of solar energy we are producing worldwide each year by five-fold. If you increase solar production by five-fold, you are going to have to increase the silver production for photovoltaics by five-fold. I don’t see how we are going to do that. I just don’t see it. Right now silver is in deficit. The only reason we are not seeing the deficit show up in the price is that there is a lot of silver stored above ground in China. China has a massive amount of silver stored. But when we use up those stores of silver, who knows where the price of silver could go — $200, $300? Certainly triple digits. And you are going to…To continue listening to the powerful KWN audio interview with Stephen Leeb CLICK HERE: https://kingworldnews.com/dr-stephen-leeb/

Skyrocket, wones, sgbuyer and 3 others like this.
  2. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My crystal ball tells me that green energy will suck silver up at an alarming rate in the near future, & all you wise silver stackers will be the new rich people on the block

Skyrocket, madaw1, openeyes and 2 others like this.
  3. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree with the premise on the need for silver in the future with solar panel manufacture. But before we get too carried away let’s do some maths on this.

These are figures from the web so please correct me if you have better information.

Average silver content in a panel 20grams.
    Let’s say that’s in a 300W panel. Cost of solar is about $0.60c per watt. So about $180 for a panel.

So current cost of silver per panel is around $16.10. If we take the very lower end of this suggestion ($100/oz) that will be nearly four times the current amount. So around $64.40 of manufacturing cost. I would say from manufacturing cost to Customer is at least 300% markup or about $145. So an increase from $180 to $325 per panel just from an increase in silver costs.

Although I concur there will be an upward pressure on silver prices we can be sure that additional mines will come online and that silver recovery will increase dramatically.

Also alternates to silver will be rapidly explored. So yes upward pressure on prices but really $200-300 which I assume is USD seems like it would drive alternate solutions and silver would get pushed aside. Again.

Just my quick thoughts. We don’t live in tulip land or bitcoin land perhaps.

swoydaz, paruwka and Silver Soul like this.
  4. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^ Solar is only a fraction of what's to come when the Green Energy Revolution hits ... Silver will have its day in the tulip fields

slavaja and openeyes like this.
  5. openeyes

A spike for sure. I would prefer a gradual climb which could be accepted and held rather a spike and dump. But $100 or $200 or more - I can’t see that in the next 5 years. I will be very happy if I am wrong.

wones, slavaja and 66rounds like this.
  6. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wasn't there an article in July that says China is secretly hoarding silver?

7. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Hopping you are correct!!!

wones likes this.
  8. barneyrubble

barneyrubble Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Reading from the James G Rickards playbook.

Silver260, 66rounds and paruwka like this.
  9. whay

whay Active Member

D2.jpg

Silver260 and Peter like this.
  10. mattyman174

mattyman174 New Member

His guess is as good as mine.

11. Slimey

Slimey Active Member

Silver to $300...
    So will a loaf of bread....in the year 2230....
    Time is the issue here. Give us some hope.

66rounds likes this.
  12. minimilled

minimilled Member

Ahh KWN.

THE premier deluxe uber permabull sensationalist PM site.

Leeb went quiet for a while after his predictions all fell flat.

Maybe he and KWN thought we all forgot. We haven’t. He shamelessly still has on his page on that site reference to a “best seller” book on peak oil in 2006, with claims of oil at $200 USD. Peak oil theory peaked about 2007 and then about 2010 started to tail off. Oil is in a GLUT.

What Leeb failed to do then and now is to factor in new technology. New technology sometimes makes commodities CHEAPER. This is the case in agriculture. Milk is the same price as nearly 20 years ago. So too a basic loaf.

I wonder if Leeb fails to change his tune because he has little novel thinking of his own, just parroting what seems to be the flavour of the month, like so many metal peddlers. This is sad considering he notes he has a degree in economics, a masters in mathematics and a PhD in psychology. I would expect a lot better from his mouth. It just doesn’t fit.

Learning about new technology ahead of the pack is a key skill that separates the sheep from the goats.

At the time Leeb wrote his book, plenty was happening in US oil.

Hydraulic fracture stimulation created the oil glut that followed.

In this talk Leeb anxiously prattles on about fracking for ages at the beginning in a muddled off the cuff manner which seems incongruous to a talk on $200 silver. Also not one word acknowledging he was WRONG previously on $200 oil.

There is no clear reason why he goes on and on about oil. Unless somewhere deep in the subconscious is a defensive pang against the massive past prediction failure. For someone with a PhD in psychology, you’d think he’d have a bit of a grip on what’s happening under his own hood.

But it seems not.

This sets the scene for his talk on silver. The basic thesis is that within 25-30 years the price of silver will at least see triple digits (this is fair, but I think not due to his reasoning), speculatively 200-300 per toz, merely with the justification that a photovoltaic industry 5x fold is needed to supply the world according to some unnamed green directive.

It is wishy washy thinking. He talks of a supply deficit. There isn’t. More will be mined as the price goes up. Technology in the future (Take for example his 25-30 years) will also unlock previously marginal resources. He also says China has a big above ground supply, but fails to mention the enormous supply in investment everywhere else. There is no deficit of significance.

He seems to think silver is the only form of photovoltaic. There are quite a few others. There logically will be more. A solar panel 20 years ago is nothing like what you get now and this can be expected in the future.

All in all, this was an emotive talk with little substance and stereotypical KWN props.

However, in 25-30 years time silver should still be triple digits, ie holding water. A spike due to solar panels in the 3rd world seems a wild guess. Unless by which he means the invisible green hand ominously forces this upon them. But nothing was said to this effect in the interview.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    66rounds and openeyes like this.
  13. openeyes

I didn’t see the 25-30 years. Agree that silver will be $100 plus in 25 years - if I live to see that day.

14. sgbuyer

No need 25 years. Silver went from $4 to $50 previously in just over 10 years.

wones and openeyes like this.
  15. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

Milk and bread have gone up 5x in the us over the last 20 years.

Arch likes this.
  16. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Let's try $50/oz for short term goal....

17. Arch

Arch New Member

yes hearing olenty of that. and the JP Morgan warehouses are getting more full of silver by the day. We just have to keep following what they are doing.

slavaja likes this.
  18. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Questions:
    How much is stored?
    At what rate is it being used and replenished?, the difference being the consumption rate. How long will that last?
    What is the actual silver demand increase in practice?, not some hypothetical thing.
    What other capacities are their to ramp up to meet demand.

Sounds like pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking.

66rounds likes this.
  19. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Highly unlikely

And in other news shares have hit all time record highs both here and in the USA

20. sgbuyer

most stocks didn’t rise much. Apple went up a lot, now already $1.2 trillion, perhaps approaching $1.3 trillion.