stellaconcepts

Discussion in 'Silver' started by clear, Mar 29, 2014.

1. clear

clear Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if stellaconcepts is still involve in precious metals ?

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He moved to Turkey I think. Coincidentally it was at the same time major riots broke out across the country. I feel at least in some small way he was responsible for them.

3. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

As someone who chanted "load the truck up" at $25, who really cares?

I hope he's safe but that's really all i care about.

4. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

was a huge stella fan till he blocked me for asking him a very simple question in like 2010, didnt he open a silver p2p trading company?i

5. Aureus

spotmex.com is what you're thinking of - don't think it's online anymore.

6. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Really?
    Couple years ago I registered there, among quite some places, since I just arrived on the silver market, and joined anything that could be of use to me in any way.
    I regularly received emails when people in my selected region throwed something for sale, but I never actually bought anything along it, and only now you mention spotmex here, I just realize that it has been a long while since I received the last such email.
    It indeed doesn't appear to be online anymore.
    This is the current activity:
    I am an active Angel Investor for the Scooter Tutor national home tutoring business. As someone who believes the extra-curricular education of our youth is of vital importance for the next generation to remain competitive in the international marketplace, I see companies like Scooter Tutor playing a pivotal role in the education of youth in the early stages of their development.

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Is it real necessary to doxx the guy? Removing personal details.

NEVER post someone's real name unless they "advertise" themselves with it. I don't care if it's in the public domain or not, please don't use this website to doxx people.

8. Pirocco

I was unfamiliar with the term 'to doxx', looked up, it's 'urban' language, "Expose someone's true identity, usually a name or address. It's one of the scummiest things someone can do on the internet ".
    This information on linkedln, and the link to it, is published by the person itself, so his own decision, so what am I doing wrong? I didn't gather the data from some third / rogue parties scattered over the internet. But it's your decision not mine so I'm just the obeying peon.

9. goldpelican

He does not use his real name in relation to precious metals activities. You can track most people's names on the internet if you have the skill, but there's no need to do it just to out someone.

Doxxing is also used as a generic term to describe revealing someone's identity, I'm guessing you went to Urban Dictionary for the definition you found :)

10. Pirocco

Yet, it was his own spotmex com site that linked to his linkedln profile, with the link named as 'stellaconcepts'.
    So he did provide his real name & information to those that visited spotmex, and spotmex was precious metal activities.
    And my Ixquick search engine linked to doxx in its first result pages to the urban dictionary, and the other results were unrelated.
    So I saw no reason to see a problem in copying the information here as to answer the topics question.
    Aside of this, it seems to be a person with an educated / large business background, so it's not like some MrNobody that wants to stay anonymous.
    That's just how I saw it, I deleted most of the data using my Speedy Gonzales boots. It's not important to me, and thus not worth a discussion/whatever. Just tried to meet the curiosity of the topic maker.

11. goldpelican

There's just a lot of sensitivities about real names being used online with connection to gold and silver - a few of the recent high profile thefts in Australia have been linked to the real names of individuals being discovered or divulged that have led to break-ins. So the forum is a little sensitive to real names being published on here.

12. Pirocco

As long as people say what they actually think, and suggest others to do what they actually do themselves, there is nothing to blame but error. I've seen same people chanting to load the truck up at $45, to then a week later chant to sell at $32. There is a big difference between someone that makes errors and someone that tries to make others do errors.
    Just saying.
    I found spotmex a nice idea hence I registered back then. A platform to bring nonbusiness silver stackers together, eliminating the business dealers-inbetween, and their buy/sell business covering spread. According to that pmbug thread, there was an unwarned-for 1% fee though. But that's a reasonable one, especially considering the startup/small scale state of spotmex.
    But it's like anything, a site and everything associated has a running cost, and when a bull market becomes a bear market, its to expect that the running cost start to weight too much. In the very end, also this forum is paid with money that comes from our pm purchases so we saw some pm replaced by this forum service.
    Take for ex. the Tulving story, back in 2011 I saw several saying that it had the sharpest pricing, and easiest/fastest buy/sell back. Well, those that said that, and performed those purchases/sales back, probably killed Tulving in the end. Someone has to pay for a profit on a dead metal, and enough of Tulvings customers were apparently smarter than Tulving itself.
    So one can start to realize here: dealer spreads / premiums have a reason. Of course, there is also such requirement as a 'middleway', which could be described as letting each side take up an equal part of the risk.

13. Aureus

I wasn't aware I was blaming him for anything else? :rolleyes:
    fact remains I do not care about the investment opinions of those who make bad calls.

Not when you have/had a very large following of permabull sheep following you, which he certainly did.

This is a guy that also went public promoting the silver bonds distributed by scammer Brian of the Royal Silver Company. He told his youtube followers to blindly buy that crap, not that you'd know as he deleted all his videos.
    I don't know how he got such a following over basically 1 public decision to sell at the right time, honestly.

14. Pirocco

I came across so many bogus stories that I started to dig everything that isn't backed, this case no exception. You could be saying like it was, and also not. And regardless, it wasn't my point, it was the difference bad calls due to error, and bad calls due to misleading. The former is not deliberate, the latter is.
    And in the end, your 'very large following of permabull sheeps', didn't pay him for the 'advice', no? In case, then he has not any obligation to be correct, whether he's able, or not able to.
    I also take another element into account: some market nodes (ex a silver dealer) don't like other nodes, because that's competition, and they rather have it easy, and if there is a node that offers the same at a lower price, it's rather expectable to see those other nodes doing all they can to make that better competitor appear ugly. I came across that myself, a dealer that doesn't apply VAT on his sales, and also states that there is no VAT on the invoices, receiving angry calls from other dealers, with higher prices, that they give tax as reason for. Says it all, no?

15. Pirocco

I just discovered the topic "StellaConcepts $50,000 Trading Challenge ". It's a sticky yet until now it never catched my eye. Much like a roomplant thats always there, got so used to that you don't even realize you have it. :D

16. prince_of_sales

prince_of_sales New Member

Well, considering he actually sold his silver at $45, I think he does have a good view on the silver market. I didn't sell my few KG at the time and I came to regret it when the price dipped into the 20s again.

Time will tell if silver is a good investment at $24 (his rebuy in price), but I do think he is mostly right. Right now the precious metals are just in a state of flux waiting on market conditions and the actions of central bankers.

More losses to come I think too.

17. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hey thats a low blow to room plants.. i happen to love room plants and pay them much attention, :)

1for1