STACKERS!! Will silver KEEP GOING DOWN?! >> Could we see $20/oz??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by lynsilverbullion, May 15, 2012.

1. lynsilverbullion

lynsilverbullion Member

What is YOUR opinion?!! With silver acting the way it has been recently, from low $30s in feb to high $20s now, do you think we could see silver drop to the low $20s/oz in the coming months?! OR do you think not?

HAVE YOUR SAY!!!

2. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

Don't listen to anyone bar yourself, your own judgement and your own research. Ask yourself, where is the biggest level of support/resistance on the downside? That would be a logical place for a direction change.

3. footycard

footycard New Member

I don't have all the technical data to back me up as there's a lot more data out there telling me silver is going to go to $1000oz, it's running out and fiat is not worth anything,
    then there is data telling me what I really believe.

The scariest thing about silver is that I feel many people will max out credit cards, sell the house and borrow off everyone they can when silver hits $20

it will be too irresistable to most, but it's also likely that silver will go below that and maybe $14 and stay that way for years.
    It will rip the arse out of many stackers, paying off 25% credit cards, can't pay the family debts ect.

I have just started stacking, bought a roll last week, a roll last night and maybe a bit tonight.
    I couldn't ask for a better position to enter the hobby of stacking silver, i'll buy right down to $14 and then consider investing my core savings.

I also think that as silver goes below 20's, many gold stackers will sell off and put in into silver, if i had gold, i'd be out in a flash, hold the fiat until silver was $14's.
    never look back.

4. lynsilverbullion

lynsilverbullion Member

$14!! To be honest I am extremely doubtful that silver would ever hit $14 again. That would be absolutely insane!!

What makes you think it will go down that low this year??

5. gazzahere

gazzahere Member Silver Stacker

afternoon,

whilst I agree with metalzz's reply, I think there is more to a falling (or rising) silver price in this present environment.

These times we are in are historic - it is an extreme time - we will look back on it as if it were a movie - or/and a bad dream. The world is in a hell of a lot of economic strife - as much strife as it has been in in the past to create major depressions and wars.

With that in mind I think it makes sense to remind oneself why one actually 'stacks'.

One 'stacks' something away for a couple of reasons in a couple of different environs.

Can we count this time out as normal? It is about as far from normal as we can get.

So, if that is the case - then we are 'stacking' things away for maybe these reasons

1. To store value

2. Insurance - in case other things around us fail (again to store value)

One doesn't 'stack' to make a fortune - one stacks to avoid losing a fortune.

So to that end - does it really matter if silver goes to $20 or $40 etc..?

In times like this there is very little logic - last year when Europe was in the poo and in the news - gold and silver went up ------------ this year - same poo and same news ------- but pm's are in retreat ------------------------ spot the difference? Yep, inconsistency, lack of logic and emotional waves - and probably some manipulation.

Go back to the basics if one is concerned --------------

no matter what happens economically - if you have a stack of silver or a stack of gold ---------- it doesn't matter what happens to any fiat currency, it doesn't matter what happens to stocks or bonds, it doesn't matter what happens to hedge funds, banks or governments ----------------

at the end of the day, you will still hold something that has been valued for thousands of years.

Sure it would be nice to know if silver will go south to 20 bucks - you can buy a lot more of it at 20 than at 40 -------------- but, let's face facts -------- in this climate - any guess is as good as any other guess.

In the final run - silver and gold cannot drop below the cost of production for very long - in the case of silver, the demand sees to that - same in the case of gold, as long as people are wanting it for protection/investment ------------- and in times like this you are NOT going to change people's behaviour that has been honed over thousands of years.

We have to avoid looking too close at the prices - history doesn't happen always in an instant - things often take months or years - pm's have been correcting for about 36 weeks from memory (at least gold) ----------- once the correction is over, we will either go sideways or up - and if we go up it will be steady or like a rocket -- guessing the future is a luxury - and most people get it wrong.

It is wise to work out why you are stacking - and then live with the consequences.

Of course there have been times when bullets, food and water were more valuable - let's hope it doesn't get that far.

have a great day

gazza

6. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Manipulation !
    Time to buy.
    Crying at all silver purchases made in the latter part of last year. Doesn't bear thinking about so having to increase stack to reduce average cost.

7. lynsilverbullion

lynsilverbullion Member

Excellent video thanks for posting it!!:)

8. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

With all the dramas and fear we have in the market $20 is a possability, however i think chinese silver exchange is a wild card.. We need to wait and see what effect/influence it will have, maybe cushion silver price falls a little bit compared to what we have seen in the past.

9. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

I hate hearing "don't worry about the price, ask yourself why you are stacking". It's just an excuse for not admitting a purchasing mistake.
    Sure most of us here have very similar reasons for stacking but some choose to dive in on hype and some chose to wait. Both want the same thing but one is logical and one is free of logic.
    Forget the romours forget the hype just be patient.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

We can only hope.

11. Bart

Bart New Member

[​IMG]
    Source:

12. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

I stack because the is no other alternative that is private, portable, recognizable, fungible, non perishable and precious($$/kg). For me not to stack is not an option, to me a crashing financial system ALA 2008 is more of a reason to stack then a disincentive. To me selling because spot is crashing is like saying "things are getting a little wild, we should really look at ditching the insurance policies". When spot goes to zero on the exchanges you did not loose everything you just managed to dodge a bullet. The world financial situation is like a stalling airplane, it dips and surges but ultimately it's nose first into the dirt, best not to be on that flight!

13. Ghost

Ghost Member Silver Stacker

One should keep their stack diverse...

34% Silver
    20% Gold
    6% Platinum
    40% 00 Buck

14. Terry88

Terry88 Member

yep, that would be scary

15. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

Friends, I assume the discussion here is about "spot" price.
    What the heck is spot anyways?

I think it's a term that was once relative to physical silver. Is it still? Kind of sort of? Depends on where you're buying from?

Not too long ago, spot had dipped down to low $26/oz, I think last December maybe. At that time, all my local shops suddenly were fresh out of rounds and bars except for a few, but those carried a hefty premium. Thanks but no thanks.

I would only guess that online stores would still sell near spot if price dipped to $20 or less? I'm not sure as I only buy locally.

So in my case, if "spot" dipped that low, silver would be virtually unattainable. Anyone else have the same troubles?

16. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Most people have more sense!

If things drop in price most people do not consider that to be an investment. Especially if they drop in price from $50 down to $20, most people will be able to do the math and work out how much they would have lost.

The people on this site...not so sure about.

I can't believe how lucky I felt when I managed to pick up 6 Kangaroos for spot, $50 each! Mind you after silver has crashed they are still selling for $50 on Ebay so I guess it could have been worse.

But yes, I will be buying when I have a bit spare, my other hobbies are mopping up my fiat at the moment.

17. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I definitely wouldn't mind silver going that low and I'll just keep buying, but I will feel like an ass-hat because I know a lot of people (inc. family) would have a laugh at me

18. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Spot is the price of physical silver (ignoring transactional costs, storage costs etc). If I buy a futures contract for 1000oz at current spot I can take delivery as specified in the contract.

There was no silver shortage last year in December.

Many many notable stores had stock including but not restricted to:

Goldstackers
    Bullionmoney
    Bullionclub
    Ainslie
    ABC
    APMEX
    Gainesville
    Bullionbourse

etc...

19. smeagol

smeagol New Member

remember silver is a highly manipulated market... if the price dips too much, the only way it can go is up to correct itself.

im hanging on to my $$ just cos i think it will continue to dip and then maximise on the amount of oz i can get for my $$.

no need to worry... the cheaper the better, its only going to be temporary... we all know the end result!!

20. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

Ahh, but there was a shortage. In my neck of the woods. Not due to there being little silver, but a lack of sellers when spot fell.