Stack Storage

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by DU808, Mar 12, 2011.

1. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Good Delivery Bar - its a 15kg bullion bar in either .999 silver or gold.

I picked up the Gold GD in Ainslie while I was there - 3/4 of a mil in my hands. It was at that moment I felt midas syndrome take full possession... :D

2. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks. :D

3. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh man - All they let me do was hold a 1kg Gold Lunar Rabbit..... If only I were fleet of foot instead of fat of belly

4. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

You and me both buddy, if only I'd got a photo...

5. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I was searching around for people's storage options when I came accross this thread.
    The key to good security is a layered approach. People will spend $200 on a deadlock but not get a decent key barrel on it, and yet they will have a standard cheap lock on their rear screen door. For an interesting lesson in how vulnerable the average household is you should youtube 'key bumping'. Which brings me back to a layered approach. Decent locsk and barrels on your doors and windows. Security screens that promote security over the screen part of their name. Hidden heavy/fixed/both locked box of some descirption whether it be a steel container, safe or whatever with a good locking device on it. A mechanical manofoil type combination lock is my preferred for a safe/lockbox as you arent reliant on electornics or having to have a key stored unsecured. The combination should be changed preiodically and NOT written down in your wallet/phone or on the roof outside the vault like I have seen in the past.
    I think the most important part is the 'need to know' principle where if someone doesnt need to know what you have, where it is and how much is there, then they shouldnt. It is super hard when you have a nice shiney bling stack of gold and silver for sure. Also if possible do not do business in trading at your residence/storage space but away in a neutral area so the exposure of your assets to the theft risk is minimised to more oppertunistic.
    Im happy to chat ot anyone wanting any clarification or advice in this area, just fire me a PM.

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.amazon.com/How-Bury-Your-Goods-Underground/dp/0915179563

A short but interesting book, however if everyone here reads it we will all know each other's secrets. I didn't manage to make use of any of the information in the book as I am doubtful that any meaningful SHTF scenarios will take place here and if it happens I won't be digging up silver, handy if you want to cache firearms though!

Another book along similar lines is http://www.amazon.com/How-Hide-Anything-Michael-Connor/dp/0873642899/ref=pd_sim_b_1 but I haven't read that, it would be worth reading just so that you know where not to hide things, by the time Amazon is selling it you can be assured that the information is in the public domain, the only people who would want this book are people who want to hide things and people who want to find them!