Something immediate to worry about: TPP -> TPIP

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by togetherwe, Nov 13, 2013.

1. OneDay

OneDay Active Member Silver Stacker

I think its too late to do any thing and I definitely agree its not safe to do any thing. Also a petition would not achieve any thing.

2. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Even though I'm not a criminal mastermind, I feel much more comfortable paying for everything in cash and talking to people in person. The only reason I'm not paranoid and it doesn't effect my quality of life is because I deliberately stop myself dwelling on the reasons why lol.

3. hecate

hecate New Member Silver Stacker

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not sure that signing a petition is going to make much difference when this is happenning way above the heads of the general population. It is not meant to help the people so why listen to their views on it?

So many things are taking place to help governments keep control over the populace, from needing a licence for everything to there being a fine for just about everything, overwhelming debt, inflation, new scares about not being allowed to grow your own food etc.

I think most people just have 'fear fatigue'. You can spend your remaining 40 years scared that your freedoms are being taken away or you can resign yourself to the fact that nothing you say is going to make a bit of difference anyway and just get on with your life.

You can't vote them out because both parties are in on it. Your only option is violent uprising. If you don't believe in violent uprising then there is basically nothing you can do.

I pretty much catagorise problems

Things that don't affect me and I can't do anything about, such as 9/11
    Things that do affect me and that I can't do anything about, Bilderberg Group, Illuminati Plots, New World Order
    Things that affect me which I can do something about, paying the mortgage, keeping my job etc.

I tend to put all my energy into solving the problems that affect me and that I can do something about. Everything else will happen whether I get stressed over it or not.

I have no problem with everyone else getting worked up about these things and I read all these threads and the responses because they are interesting.

5. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Generally speaking I don't believe in violent uprisings... but I really can't see it being fixed any other way.
    Setting up a guillotine in Washington D.C and on Wall st would probably be much more effective than all the legislation in the world.

I think in regards to this TPP stuff we just have to hope that eventually cops/military will see how ridiculous it is and just stop following orders. Although people will justify just about anything when their livelihood depends on it :/

6. hecate

Some the of copyright material they're including in the TPP is old material from SOPA and PIPA that didn't get through because enough people cared enough to sign the petitions and make the noise and they had to back down. If we turn and look away it's tantamount to saying 'a police state is fine with me'. Think nazi germany because if this is passed and becomes law that's where we're heading.

7. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Whilst I agree that it maybe too late, it still doesn't mean we clam up about it.

The important thing is that mainstream media is starting to question both the secrecy and the legal validity of the TPP treaty over our sovereignty.
    Send a few links to the media asking if they know about it. Also send the transcript from wikileaks to both media and parliamentarians seeking answers as to why should corporatisation have rule of law over sovereign nations. The document is in one of my earlier posts.

The more pressure that is applied to the government, the harder it will be in signing this treaty.
    It's too important to let it roll over.

8. Jislizard

Cops and military are paid and armed by the powers that be to keep the general population in line. I have known a few and basically they have a "Them and Us" mentality.

The are known for attracting a certain type of person and thanks to Youtube we have a pretty good idea of the things they can get up to when they think they are not being watched.

While they keep getting to do a job they love, they keep getting paid they can easily rationalise their actions "If I didn't do this job my family would starve" etc.

The more civil disobedience there is the more they can justify the use of force. Have you seen the armoured tanks the police have? Those aren't to stop the commies invading, they are to be used on the local population.

9. Jislizard

So the people complain and the government tells you they have listened and reconsidered, while all the time they are going behind your backs and resubmitting the paperwork under a new title. Doesn't sound like a victory, they didn't back down, they just lied to us on a grander scale. You can't reason with people like that. They are motivated to tell you anything to keep their jobs, but their jobs are to pave the way for more government control.

Unless one of the main political parties decides to go against it then I would say that it will get through in some form eventually, they just hold the talks in secret.

10. hecate

So we just look away and let it happen? 'Just do whatever you want because I don't care anymore?' Again that's what they're counting on.

11. Greenman

Greenman Member Silver Stacker

Finally! Something TheEnd can legitimately worry about!

12. hecate

:lol:

13. Jislizard

You can do what you want about it, you can get upset and angry and inform as many people as you like, it might work, it might not.

For you it feels like you are doing something about the problem, Christians probably feel they are doing something about a problem when they pray about it. I would expect the same results.

What is important is, at the end of the day, if you did nothing about it you would feel bad about doing nothing, so for you it is probably better if you did something. Which is why I don't think that you are wasting your time. For you this is time well spent.

For me, I don't feel bad about not doing anything because I don't think anything I could do will make the slightest bit of difference. So if I did something futile I would feel bad that I was wasting time doing something that made no difference, rather than spending my time doing something that was worthwhile and achievable.

Even if you managed to get through to more people, most are still happy running up massive debts, buying the new iThingy and watching TV. If they aren't rioting in the streets over the price of food and shelter at the moment then they probably aren't going to be too upset about internet censorship etc. You have to pick your battles or you will burn out.

14. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Don't count on it...
    Too big to worry about. Easier to worry about Ford discontinuing FPV's.

15. hecate

It's not the copyright material that's the real sticking point with me on this treaty - it's the ISDS which basically puts the corporations in charge of every aspect of our lives. You might not be angry now, but try living without anger in a system completely owned and run by the corporations, because that's what we'll have if this is allowed to proceed. I've signed enough petitions to see the results and believe it or not they do actually work in many but not all cases. You might want to reconsider, and let your anger work for you now rather than against you when it's way too late to do anything about it.

16. Jislizard

I am happy to sign a petition, I don't think they are worthless, that is within the category of "something that affects me which I can do something about" .

It may well paint a target on your back if you sign it but if the petition is too small, they don't care, if it is too large there is nothing they can do about it anyway.

How far are we away from a system completely owned and run by corporations anyway?

If an American Company can put pressure on their government to put pressure on the Swedish Government to cause the Swedish Police to raid a Sweedish company which is not breaking any Swedish laws then I would say that we are already there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirate_Bay_raid

The Corporations make donations to the Government, the Government then acts in the Corporations interests while at the same time taking money from the population, two income streams. As it says in the Bible "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." I think it is obvious which way the Government is leaning.

The only way to stop it is to get rid of the corporations or get rid of the government, neither is going to be easy and neither will be acomplished by petitions, that will just tip them off!

17. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Well this will definitely affect you and raising public awareness shot down PIPA and SOPA, so acting can help.

18. Jislizard

These things are Hydras, you cut off one head and another appears. They wouldn't go to all the effort of drafting them if they weren't going to implement them, hence the inclusion of PIPA and SOPA in the TPIP. You need to kill the body not the head.

19. col0016

col0016 Active Member

I totally agree. But it's much easier to stop legislation passing than to get rid of it after it is implemented.

Back to what I said about bringing back guillotines. I think one in each major city is appropriate.

20. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

WHY???

Oh yes that's right ... cos everybody's too stupid to vote for anybody else! :lol: