SOME GOOD NEWS RE FEDEX GST ISSUE

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Maggie, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

Hello, I received a message on MAGGIES CORNER from Brian McConnell CEO of Royal Silver Company in Bolivia. It strongly indicates they will have no problem with future importations through Fedex. I have attached a copy of the message below.
    Regards, Maggie.

Maggie: Your package is on its way to your door. Right now in Hawaii in transit. We have reduced our delivery time and can deliver much faster than before. You will see this is true with your current order.

We have become the highest-volume shipper in Cochabamba and FEDEX has conceded us a lower rate that will take effect August 1. We keep pushing them to provide better service and lower rates. We are aware of the problems unique to Australia with FEDEX holding large orders of coins until a tax is paid--tax that does not apply to our bullion silver rounds--and which can be recovered with some paperwork--and we are working to obtain a private ruling from the ATO that will cover all our shipments to Australia. But most of our Australian customers now have private rulings covering Royal Silver products and our packages get through Australian Customs within 48 hours with no tax.

Royal Silver is honored to have made an alliance with the Bolivian organization (Armonia) helping to save the Blue-Throated Macaw from extinction. The Director and I had a long talk this week, and I pledged to make significant donations as these coins sell. It turns out that The Blue-throated Macaw is absolutely the rarest wild macaw in the world. If we can do anything to raise awareness of the plight of these beautiful birds and help preserve their habitat, it is both our privilege and our obligation.

All of this is not to plug our products or company, just to let Stackers know that we are committed to the Australian market, through wonderful people like Maggie, and we are working to eliminate the "FEDEX" problem. Thanks.

Regards,
    Brian

2. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Let us know Maggie when get the parcel

3. Maggie

Hi projack, I have just viewed the parcel sitting on scales and being checked by customs in Alexandria customs clearing house. Due for delivery to me 4.8.2011. So far 48 hours from R.S.C. Bolivia to Sydney.
    Regards Maggie

4. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Good news!

Maggie do you know what the mintage of the Macaws is?

5. Maggie

Hi Lovey80, There isn't one as far as I know or going to be one. The Royal Silver Company has other ideas yet to be announced.
    regards Maggie

6. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

they should be working to eliminate the bloody Asian Myna before the FEDEX problem :lol:

7. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

FEDEX is just an Aust Govt TAX AGENT, they will try to collect taxes for the government.
    that is their job, kind of like the "i R A s s"

You have to claim your RIGHTS, in person in the people's court, where the law of the land apply.
    If you appeal your case in the court of the sea, you will lose.

8. Maggie

Lets try to remain positive and hope that things will change. Time will tell.
    Regards Maggie

9. damien192x

damien192x New Member

That's good news. I will still never do business with them again if it can be avoided though

10. Maggie

You can always PM me.
    Regards Maggie