So, who's interested in climbing on board with PIR.

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by GOLDPIRATE, Jun 8, 2014.

1. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Been watching this stock for over 18 months. Was the first miner I was introduced to fsrom a mate at work back then. wasn't interest Ed in miners back then as I didn't understand the SM thing.

So, this miner looks to be bought out by a Canadian miner offering Aus share holders a percentage of their shares as a takeover offer. This amounts to $1.72 per share or. 66 odd % of th e Canadian shares.

PIR shares closed @ $1.60 on Friday with spread from $1.59 - $1.62.

Settlement, if share holders vote to agree, is Sept. So, I'm wondering what bids will reach in the next few months? Weeks even?

I must say, I'm disappointed as is miner was the one I was planning on net ering for th e long haul. Now it looks to be a Canadian owned entity :(

My question is. Is this an apportunity for folk to get in now & wait for a high bid near $1.70 & sell out & perhaps get ahead with these horrid miners @ present? Then get back in to your preferred miner/s later on?

For the first time. I am REALLY concerned with the POG for the rest of the year.......I don't believe the SM is too high. Much sensationalism around at present but, the figures being compared from 2000 for instance. There are more entities now so, of course the numbers are up where they were back then. Anyone know where I'm coming from?

2. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Aren't you at risk of a loss should gold price drop further driving the value of the company making the offer lower?
    I have never been good at making a quick buck. Every time I have tried I have failed.

3. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Well, it seems the offer is bonified so, not sure there is a problem concerning the POG?

Sure & I'm the last person to try & make a quick buck.

Having said that. The volumes sure paint a positive picture.

When BDR recently dropped price only to rebound very soon after. Made me rethink this game plan.

Like most every one else. I choose miners I want for the long haul but, this PIR is like in your face but sure, POG where it's at now worries me shatless!

4. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I won't go near gold shares until the POG shows a genuine turnaround. If that means missing the bottom so be it. Who knows how far and for how long the POG will continue to fall and just how far gold mining companies will be pushed to the breaking point. That's not to say I don't see value in at least some quality miners with good assets and a decent balance sheet. I just see (generally) better value elsewhere atm.

5. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Well, just sold all shares in PIR @ 1.61 this morning. Whilst I'm sure (at this stage) I could've waited for a better price. I wasn't happy with Friday's trading & lost interest in the company only due to the pending Canadian acquisition.

Tbo, I planned to enter this miner at a later stage than I did as its prospects are huge. Being bought out by B2GOLD CORP was not of course included in my plan lol so, after musing over the reluctance of others, including those on this thread along with other threads to play with miners just yet. Also, the SM news, esp' concerning ECB, along with other CB's recently considering charging their banks interest to park their cash there, effectively forcing them to lend it out (or, let's face it, throw even more @ the SM) Put bluntly. CB's are getting concerned with the SM (wow, what irony).

All I've managed to do is line the pocket of my broker over the past week or so but, learned invaluable insights to trading, as I was a newby & freely admit it!

I'm happy to say I bought in @ 1.565 & 1.60 last week so, due to volume I'd purchased, I came out fairly even, even after the buy/sell brokerage fees taken into account (very luckily, as I'd willingly sold @ a loss most holdings with the few big buys affording me some increase).

LESSON LEARNT! Thanks for the posts Guyz!

I do hope others who are in PIR (a workmate included) either get some decent price for their shares or if they stay for the acquisition, they are rewarded with the Canadian shares they transfer into :)

6. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

1.90 & there was no real interest?

I sold @ 1.61' knowing I should have at least waited for 1.65.....then when it got to 1.70 I thought this would hold at least whilst thy wait out the Sept offer vote from shareholders but no, it went to 1.80 & now 1.90.

Ate shareholders attempting to force a higher price be paid in any takeover bid? Otherwise, I just don't get the high price considering the current takeover agreement sitting of the table is for 1.72?

7. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

I can't edit (don't know why?..) the last post as it became apparent the takeover company's sp has risen (I don't follow them) so, the current PIR sp coincides with the orig' offer of approx .66% of the acquiring company's sp. just wanted to clear this up ;)