SMSF goes Belly Up

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by errol43, May 16, 2012.

1. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

SMSF= Self Managed Super Fund..

Hope yo are fair dinkum in your ??

Regards Errol 43

2. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

While I know that many people use e-superfund, I have chosen NOT to be with them.

People need to do their own DD. Being forced to use ANZ to me is the first problem with e-superfund. Plus there are other issues, but if you think it is ok, no worries.

I prefer putting my own SMSF money in the institution of my choice and investing it where I choose to.

Shiny.

3. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thats fine Shiny.

Admittedly your first part of the statement about esuperfund is correct as far as having to use ANZV2 Plus account as being the vehicle to store any remaining cash that is sitting idle gaining interest. However, I can invest in virtually anything else within the rules of superannuation including Sharemarket, physical Gold, Silver, Property. As i don't keep alot of cash sitting idle, I find it currently fits my needs. Been with them for around 4 years and have never had a problem so far.
    Now if it was to seek advice from them. Thats a different matter. That is not what they are there for. Its a no frills cheap entry with no strings attached. Having done my Due Diligence 4 years ago before joining, my concern was always to make sure that there is no possible way that they can have any hold over my Super if the ANZ, or anyone else for that matter went pearshaped. Each to there own.

Cheers markcoinoz:)

4. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^ +1

I'm with esuperfund and NONE of the money is in ANZ. It passed through the ANZ account in a matter of hours, and is now invested where I choose.

5. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

That is thinking outside of the box.... good one.