SMSF Audit/Financial Statement costs??

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by xyze, Jul 12, 2012.

1. xyze

xyze New Member

Hi Everyone...

This is my first post on here but have been looking on this forum for a long time which has lead to me setting up my own SMSF with a majority of my investments in PM's.

However, the time now has come to arrange the mandatory financial statement and audit on my SMSF which I don't agree with.

Can anyone here know of any really cheap places to organise this?

I have been looking around and the minimum seems to be from $350, but this is unreasonable in my mind as I only made a once of large purchase of

gold/silver and haven't done any further transactions since. My SMSF account has been NIL ever since. How hard would preparing a financial statement be in this case?

Obviously $350 for this type of scenario is way too expensive so I'm hoping someone on here knows of any fair accountant (oxymoron I know :) that could do

an audit/financial statement much cheaper...Thanks in advance for any suggestions or feedback..

2. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

At $350, just do it. It is unlikely that you will find cheaper.

It may help if you advise where you are located.

3. xyze

xyze New Member

Thanks for that Boston :)...That's the answer I was afraid of but I suppose I have to be realistic about these things...If I had known the ongoing cost of simply trying to manage my own financial future, I may have just left things the way they were...I also just found out about another little levy ($180) the government have forced SMSF citizens to pay just for having a SMSF. We shouldn't have to give them a dime for something we should be able to have control over ourselves anyway..It's government in every aspect of our lives!!!.....Yeah and I'm in Perth if there's anyone out there who know of a decent accountant who could do this scenario cheaper...I would take less than 20 minutes I'm sure....

4. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

when did you start your SMSF?

5. xyze

xyze New Member

Around September 2011...So this is my first time to arrange a financial statement and audit...

6. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

you dont have to submit your first return until 28 feb 2013

7. xyze

xyze New Member

Great thanks for that info hiho.....Gives me a lot of time to shop around cos I refuse to stimulate the finance industry, let alone the fund the government anymore than I have to....