Small plays over the next few weeks/months

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Caput Lupinum, May 29, 2014.

1. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm going to just let it all hang out like nature intended. I've taken positions of various amounts in the following shares over the past few weeks. I'm hoping even if I dud out to keep this thread updated to show people what not to do. I'm not really a charter like finicky but I like to keep my ear to the ground for new developments that would indicate a price movement. I'm not going to go into too much detail as those that have interest can look up the companies for further details. These are intended to be short term plays up to about 6 months only

ALA - As stated is going to be launching a new mobile app on 1st June for real estate listings. Bought @ $0.205 (29th May) - Currently @ $0.215

CNQ - Tungsten miner who expected to receive funding from Japanese company Mitsubishi to fund a project. Bought @ $0.08 (15th May) - Currently @ $0.09

CXO - As per previous thread, explorer who is currently drilling in Northern Territory for silver deposits. Results expected sometime in June. Bought @ $0.059 (29th May) - Currently @ $0.059

BBR - Graphite explorer with interests in Sri Lanka. Bought @ $0.49 (16th May) - Currently @ $0.54

RWD - Potash explorer who has interests in WA. Bought @ $0.58 (13th May) - Currently @ $0.595

TPT - Oil and gas explorer in Australia and Morocco. Bought @ $0.18 (13th May) - Currently @ $0.23

RLE - Oil and gas explorer in the Cooper Basin with plenty of territory. Bought @ $ 0.24 (27th May) - Currently @ $0.25 - Also own SXY, COE, SXY, BPT, STO and ORG that all have interests in the Cooper Basin. I'm expecting the bigger players may start becoming hungry over the 12-18 months and Pacman the little guys.

May the share market gods have mercy on my soul

2. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gee I hope they "pacman" a few of the rumps I've got left over from buying in this sector years ago - SRI, AAR, HEG, INL, PYM, AGS, MAR - and those are emphatically NOT recommendations. Thanks for the kind reference to me as a charter.

Brrr... these sort of stocks make me feel like an ex-junkie smelling someone bringing it into the room

3. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Really interesting stuff. Hope you come out on top.
    It is very kind of you to share your decisions with us all without fear of looking foolish as many of us would.
    Makes for a nice change in posts. Everyone has theories and ideas but it is the brave man that acts. Good for you.

4. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just got an email from Hot Copper re TPT

Spiking a little already

5. Caput Lupinum

fo sho - should know the results of the drilling in a couple of weeks. Another oil company recently found a black gold mine not too far from where TPT is drilling.

6. House

Think it would be worth a punt?

I have some spare cash and keep putting off buying shares... but obviously this one looks too good to be to be true. Even 1/10th of their prediction would keep me very happy!

7. Caput Lupinum

Just make sure you put a stop-loss on it in case things turn sour

8. House

Wouldn't trade without them. Thinking a trailing SL would be a better idea for this one

9. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One that is very bullish on the Ichimoku chart is (MRF) A vein graphite play. They start drilling tomorrow. Looking at the chart we can see that Senkou Span A is about to cross above Senkou Span B, the SP is above the cloud. Tenkan sen has crossed Kijun sen, & Tenkan sen is also above the cloud. Today Chikou Span crossed Senkou Span B making all the elements bullish for a breakout on the share price. Since graphite is hotter than a corner whore at the moment, this one is defiantly on my watch list ;)

[​IMG]

10. Caput Lupinum

Graphite is the place to be atm. TON, LMB, BBR, KNL, MOX, SYR and TLG have all had runs recently or are consolidating from a recent run. Have my eye on LML and AXE as well.

11. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Well what ya know it!

Have placed a bid on TPT for tomorrows opening. Put a stop loss on this time round due to the risk so, here goes :0

Not long til' they begin drilling woohoo.....

Just not willing to move on gold miners right now after looking into things a little more. Perhaps August? Need some cash now though after this last speculation lol....

12. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I know this sounds silly but how much is the punt on to this type of share? I never punt this type before. $200 worth each or amount you can afford to lose?

13. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Yes fellas. What kind of spare cash are we talking here?

You got me interested with this thread @ a time I just sold all my holdings on gold miners & was considering natural gas/oil shares.

Speaking for myself, I am punting heavy. That's how disinterested I've become with metal miners....

I need to add this is & will be the only time I jump in like this. Blame it on the beer & being pissed (pissed off that is)

14. 10ozhound

10ozhound Active Member

I too am interested in TPT, got a few bucks in stagnant clean energy stock. Might shift it over.

15. Caput Lupinum

DOYDD and all that. I'm known to have the "kiss of death" when I publicly tip anything

16. Gilligan

Gilligan Active Member

Not CWE is it? Lol

I'm having a punt too, free carry from a win on QUB since start of year. Easy come easy go.

17. House

Just jumped on e*trade to buy $1k worth and can't remember my stupid trading password :mad: Will have to wait until tomorrow now. Spud date 15th June :)

18. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol: :)

19. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Minimum holding of any single stock is $500 so you can't buy less than that - just the market rules

20. House

Just talking to ANZ and they told me it's now $600 with them :/

Is it with CFD's you can 'buy' less of a stock? So something like $50 or $100 worth