Silver Wheaton

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by LaramieHirsch, May 29, 2011.

1. LaramieHirsch

LaramieHirsch New Member

Is anyone here invested in Silver Wheaton (SLW).

Any opinions on this company?

2. LaramieHirsch

LaramieHirsch New Member

Okay, well to start things, I've recently heard that the SLV ETF is more stable and producing faster returns than SLW. But I've since lost the hyperlink to that article.

From what I can tell, Silver Wheaton is a reliable steady company, but I think they lost their CEO not too long ago, which explains the recent dip in the past few months.

But still, this company is safe in its cash reserves, from what I can tell.

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I have 20% of my portfolio invested in SLW. Previously my largest investment was AG (first majestic). However, I recently sold most of it. I will probably sell some of my SLW on the next leg up in silver and reinvest that money in gold miners. The company has a great business plan and I expect some very nice dividend checks in the future from the shares I keep.

4. LaramieHirsch

LaramieHirsch New Member

Yeah, they have a good buisness foundation going for them. But my concern is whether or not their prudence will sustain them at the end of June 30. I hear that stocks will drop then. Do you think SLW will suffer with other companies at that time?

5. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2011-0601-1.mp3

Interview with the new guy on the board... good company this one - very forward looking. Im aussie and I cant trade US stocks... they own all their silver (bought it off other mines) and they pay about $4 an ounce to get it transported post recovery.

6. topaz

topaz New Member

Last year I recommended Silver Wheaton to a a friend and didnt buy it myself because it was -so big and old school unspeculative- Now he made the big profit out of the -uncool- investment. And some of my hidden gems are lame ducks.. We should invest more lame. It often pays ;)

7. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

If QE truly ends, then stocks will tank. However, I do not believe QE has ended or will end.

8. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Im buying slw in 2009, 2010.
    And add a lot at 31 a month ago.

A few things:

Conclusion:Although the company's shares were under pressure today, we would expect a bit of an overhang until the company reports its Q2 results on August 8 and provides some comfort that the remainder of its off-takes are not hindered. Given that we do not perceive the issues below as chronic, wewould view any pressure on the shares as an opportunity,as we are quickly approaching the seasonally strong time of the year for precious metals.

2011 Silver Off-Take Production Guidance Reduced: On the heels of Goldcorp's revisions at Penasquito announced earlier today, Silver Wheaton, which has a 25% silver off-take from this asset, naturallylowered its forecast for the year to reflect the new guidance.

Shortfall Can Be Attributed to Two Issues:

1) Penasquito's High Pressure Grinding Rolls (HPGRs) have yet to operate at full capacity, given the insufficient amount of pebbles generated from the Semi Autogenous Grinding Mills (SAG mills).
    The Solution - A decision has been made to build asupplementary feed system that will by-pass the SAG mills and deliver directly into the HPGRs from the coarse ore stockpile.
    2) Alack of recyclable waterfrom the tailings dam, due in part to the tailings dam embankment not being raised at the necessary rate.
    The Solution - Significant progress has been made to raise the tailings dam; however, fresh water will also be sourced from the pit to supplement the recycled water.
    Impact on 2011: Silver Wheaton haslowered its silver production guidance by approximately 2MM ounces for 2011, to a range of 25-26MM contained silver ounces. (Note that sales would be roughly 90% of this contained metal in concentrate estimate.)By our calculations, the company now expects Penasquitoto contribute about 4.8MM ounces of contained silver metal, down from 6.8MM previously.Note that we had been using a more conservative contribution from Penasquito for 2011 of approximately 6.0MM ounces.

Although this represents approximately 7% of Silver Wheaton's contained metal off-take in 2011, Silver Wheaton'sdiversified stream of silver off-takes acts to reduce the overall impact that otherwise would have been experienced by smaller silver producers with a less diversified asset base.

9. Thor122

Thor122 New Member