Silver Pegasus Round

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by House, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Has anyone received any of these yet? My order for 1oz tube is held up waiting for the 10 oz proof. Latest price on the 1oz from the site is now 79 cents over spot!

2. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Can anyone care to share the pics of actual coins please if do received?

I am tossing what to get btwn this and elephant somalia coin.

Thank you.

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Nah, looks too cheap to me. And to compare that thing to a lunar horse, is simply ludicrous. IMHO. The only good thing about that round is .99 over spot! :)

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

The obverse (Pegasus) design is too cumbersome and cluttered. The .79 cents over spot is nice but not nearly as nice as the .99 cents over spot I paid for silver in the summer when it was hovering around $18-$19.

But to each their own, if that design works for you, go for it.

5. sinistersix

sinistersix New Member

I purchased these due to the low dollar amount over spot. I personally think it is better looking in person than my Leafs

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I went on price alone, cheaper than any of the other rounds available. The picture is not something that would make much of a difference, unless it was promoting something controversial which would make it harder to sell.

7. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Anyone maybe have pics of the actual coin? :) I've ordered 10oz. It's my first coin of that size and I think it would be ok. :) Also like the symbols on reverse. Much more interesting than putting some "standard" design on it. ;)

8. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Agree it is not a Lunar Horse, but I do like the look of it and at .79 over spot it was a good way for me to get back to my stacking roots. Shipping with these guys is still too high but after my first order they did send me a code that saved me about $5 so that helped some as well.

Sinistersix - do you have any pictures of actual rounds that you can post?

9. sinistersix

sinistersix New Member

Front
    [​IMG]

Back
    [​IMG]

Picture of my rounds
    [​IMG]

10. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Thanks! The detail looks pretty amazing for a bullion round selling at less than $1 over spot. How is the quality of the finish? I got some of the Provident Don't Tread on Me rounds (higher premium than these) and the edges are so sharp they are uncomfortable to hold.

11. sinistersix

sinistersix New Member

The rounds you see there are the extent of my collection, so I dont have much to go on, but they are smooth to hold and feel exactly like the Leaf. It weighs the same, pings about the same, and feels the same. From what I can tell it has the same amount of quality as the others in the picture do.

12. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Received two of these coins the other day and I have to say they really really impressed me for a bullion round, probably one of the best if not the best straight Low premium bullion rounds I own.

13. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

I agree, I got a couple rolls and they really are quite nice. Also got the 10 oz proof, also very nice but I think I overpaid for it. There were 1000 silver proofs also produced. Good luck getting one of those! From my simple research, one seller on eBay has so far accounted for 425 of the 1000, he may have more than that. That guy is controlling the supply and the premiums for now. Someone in Australia is selling "proof like" rounds, assume they are polishing the crap out of them, I don't like the looks of them. I asked Goldsilver.com if there would be proofs for 2014 but they never responded. They will take your money and the rounds are nice but if communication is important to you, well they could use some improvement in that department.

14. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Received my 1oz's and 10oz today, nice bit of milk spotting and capsule scratching on the 10 :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1oz's were better quality aside from what looks like a small bit of cheese in one of them!

Nice round all the same but won't be looking for more

15. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

House, I didn't notice any issues with my 10 oz but will look more closely when I get a chance. Will you try to get them to replace it? Good luck getting them to talk to you, they will probably try to charge you extra for the cheese! Let us know how it goes if you do. I do like the 1 oz rounds but their lack of communication makes me want to spend my money elsewhere.

16. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

Hello all,

Thanks for posting the fine images of these rounds. I was interested in them at first but after seeing more of them I'm a little turned off. While the workmanship of the die is well above most other rounds I find the balance of the design a little off. I feel like Pegasus is taking up too much space and his wing is covering up part of the "freedom" which just seems a little odd to my eye. I am also a stickler for heraldry. At first glance the arms look ok but when I found out about all of the secret meanings to the charges and stuff it just seemed a little tacky to me (typical of Americans understanding of heraldry). It is a cool round to be sure but I'll stick with my coins or my Scottsdale rounds. Thanks for sharing though I've really enjoyed this thread!

Cheers,
    Chris

17. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Yeah, those zippo for me. The design looks a bit odd

18. octapotamus

octapotamus Member Silver Stacker

these are generic low-mintage bullion right? are we not expecting a bit much re condition? what are buffalos like? (I've never seen one..)

the design is a bit off I agree. F R E E D O M

19. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Saw some of them in the flesh.

Quality isn't as good as I anticipated (milkspots/ scracthes/ dings), so didn't buy any cos it would be hard to sell anything of inferior quality in future.

Maybe that's why they scrapped the 1oz proofs in the beginning?

Another case of over-promising, under-delivering?

20. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If these 10oz are the 'improved versions' I'd hate to see what the original ones were like. They're worse than some bu's let alone supposedly being proof-like.