Silver Kookaburra coin valuation and information resources

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Apollo, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Apollo

Apollo New Member

Anyone have any information/resources that you use or have used for valuations and information other about Silver kooks (Specifically privy mark coins) and other australian bullion coins. I have found threads mentioning books like Australian Coins and Banknotes (Greg McDonald) and Rennicks Coin and Banknote Valuations, does anyone own these books or are there any better ones out there for this? Or are there any resources online that might be good for a bookmark?

Cheers

2. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Completed Listings on eBay for kookaburras, have excluded 1 kg, 10 oz pieces , so the
    results only show the ACTUAL COST ( none of that Rennix paper & outdated valuations).

(kook, kook*) silver ("1 oz") -(10, kg, ngc)

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.ht...ksid=p3286.c0.m14&_udhi=&_udlo=&_sop=15&_sc=1

The search below, will only show the PRICES REALISED for 1 oz kooks bearing a privy mark.

(kook, kook*) silver ("1 oz") -(10, kg, ngc) ( privy )

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.ht...g,+ngc)&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I believe this is the best & trues information out there, start using the searches and than you can 'scan' the market, for price anomalies. You can keep track of the volume of kooks being sold per week and many other market factors.

hope it helped

3. Apollo

Apollo New Member

Thanks Thucydides79, that looks pretty good, just means you need to average it out the costings of the items displayed though probably give you a good indication what the market is paying.

4. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Take note of the extremes, the cheapest and the most expensive, try to have a reason you can explain to urself why this is so.

Find out average cost of the kooks and of kooks with privy marks.

Best deals you are almost always bound to find on eBay are if 1 seller has many items listed for sale and
    has suboptimal ( for the seller ) p & h combination. Thats when you 'raid' his items with high bids.

if a coin is listed and has p&h at $4.00 BUT THE SELLER WILLING TO COMBINE P&H COSTS, i have come across;

- all other items shipped free
    - weight based p&h
    - each additional coin @ $x per coin, and usually the x is less than 30% of p&h cost ( of $4.00 )

now if the coin is lets say 0.5 oz silver ( thus @ SPOT costs $14.75 ) and lets say that the majority of those
    coins do sell for around $14-$18, since P&H is $4.00 ( for you as a buyer of more than one item, that $4.00 is only maybe aroudn $1.00), which leaves you with around $3 of room to play and thus outbid others and still stay within
    SPOT.

That requires some time spent on eBay.
    Thats what i try to do. :)

5. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Yeah you do have to know your prices on feebay. Take this for example.

Series 1 Lunar Proof Tiger (220706186491) sold for $84 and one earlier this week went for $140, go figure.

I also see the 1oz 999 silver Old + New Parliament House coins sold tonight for $14 and $24. Yep, $14 for an ounce of pure silver right there.