Silver Chart 5 year AUD Gains and Losses

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Ernster, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Ernster

Ernster New Member

I have attempted to create my own chart. The %'s are not to the decimal and the prices I used where conservative, I didn't include prices points which we hit too fast, but had no chance of buying....

Anyway make of this what you will...

I made it for myself so I can know when to sell part of my stack and buy back in. I wanted to find out the most common % of losses and gains silver experiences over time. The beginning of the chart is obviously a bullish period, and the other half is bearish So perhaps knowing what cycle we are in and keeping track of silvers gains and losses will alert you when to buy, sell and keep still....maybe lol :/

[​IMG]

2. swoydaz

swoydaz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice effort.

Can you do a longer time frame, say 20 years / 50 years.

If you can, maybe spread the percentage change over longer periods to prevent the chart from becoming too busy.

3. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

all you need is one straight arrow from November 2009 to November 2014 with a big fat ZERO

4. Ernster

Ernster New Member

I'll prob do a 10 year chart, don't see much point going further than that.

Aleks, true but the point is you could of sold and bought back in part of your stack multiple occasions and made a decent profit, instead of just holding on longterm.

5. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

Congratulations, you have indeed created a chart. :)

6. chowdersilver

chowdersilver New Member

IMO, to trade this way would be best paper trading. The premiums over spot make buying and selling a challenge compared to paper trading PM.

7. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

Feb 2011 high , anyone notice this is about when the AUD was at its strongest against the USD about $1.07 I'm doing this from memory so if I am out a bit no need to string me up my point is all this AUD high, silver high, gold high is because in the eyes of those who control the "money" the USD was a bad investment so they sent their cash to other places like gold and silver and even the Aussie dollar.

so they same people printed more USD so they could hold there after all it is what they want if the US is turtled they are turtled, so they put in to gold, silver etc while they fix the USD and then drop the gold silver like a hot potato and the AUD because to quote pink floyd I'm ok jack keep your hands of my stack!

sooner we all realize we are pawns in a game of chess for "them" the smarter we can be :D and its coming people are getting smarter very very slowly mind you to one day realize what's really going on.

but until they are challenged they will keep doing it and then the new war on terror can begin, the war on chart terrorists :p

8. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the chart.

Great work.

Can you somehow make a new one that reflects the $AUD & $US over the same time period?

Would be good to compare.

Cheers