Silver And Gold Bull Market

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by ozcopper, Aug 23, 2018.

1. ozcopper

ozcopper Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm sick of many "experts" saying that we are in a long term bull market and we are just having a pullback. We are not. We are in a seven year bear market!

I personally am happy that we are in a bear market as I'm looking to buy more.

You have to have a bear market before you can have the next bull market.

A lot of these "experts" lose credibilty by not just stating the facts.

2. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

I think your spot on Ozcopper. We have been in a bear market for ages. If you are not planning to retire for another decade or more then it's no doubt a good time to buy. But it's probably been a good time to buy for 7 years as you mentioned. We have heard people say it's, "IT'S A GOOD TIME TO BUY" for the last seven years. I'm almost positive that there are many out there who are waiting to hear, "IT'S A GOOD TIME TO SELL". Most likely we will have to wait for another massive stock market meltdown. Which I think is highly unlikely while the US ecomomy is doing better under Trump.

ozcopper likes this.
  3. tongkat

tongkat Active Member Silver Stacker

I’m just getting started in PM so am fortunate to view all the hyping of metals through a historical perspective. But the “experts” can be quite convincing with their respective pitches can’t they.

What I buy today, won’t need to start selling for 10+ years, if even then. So I’m happy at the current price of silver in my accumulation phase.

We’re under $20 again - time for another 100 Oz or so. Local dealer has some buy back PM rolls for the same price as bars so..

Haven’t been able to convince myself to buy gold yet.

4. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am grateful too! Stack at these artifically low prices while you can!

SpacePete likes this.
  5. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Been hearing that for years.... and years.
    Then you realise that no price is artificial... you are paying a real $20 for a real oz.

precious roar likes this.
  6. silverman47

silverman47 Member

Im not on here very often, but I have bought and sold over the years on this site which is helpful. I would encourage all the users of the site, which are predominantly gold bugs, to judge the sentiment of the site presently and use this as a contrarian indicator. When this site, above all other information on the internet, turns bearish on metals, were close to a bottom is my way of thinking. This site is full of gold bugs, which I am one to a degree, but I also have shares and real estate in multiple places. So I believe I have a reasonable grasp of the markets as im involved in a number of them.

So I would like to just reiterate to people losing faith in their bullion, to stay the course, as I believe this is the first time I've logged on and read generally bearish sentiments from participants to a large degree. Im sure I dont have to tell half of you JP Morgan accumulating the largest physical silver position in history (I think) is an accident. Everyone should be diversified in any case if you want to get a decent nights sleep, but I still believe in the bullion story and I think people who stay the course will be rewarded shortly.

7. wrcmad

The permabull newsletters are touting this, but I fail to see what the hysteria is about.
    While it has been explained here before that JPM's COMEX holdings are not it's own, but clients', lets play along anyway.
    Latest report from Spin Doctors is that JPM vault holdings is 145M oz's. https://www.silverdoctors.com/silve...has-just-set-new-all-time-high-open-interest/
    But all that wailing comes from an imaginary world where the only market universe in existence is in the US. If you want to see a stockpile, then take a look at the LBMA's vault holdings: http://www.lbma.org.uk/london-precious-metals-physical-holdings-statistics
    Yeah baby! A cool 1.1 billion oz's. Or 15 months global supply.
    In my experience (working in both the steel industry and agricultural commodities) when physical stockpiles like this are lying around, whether it be steel, iron ore, coal, sugar, or wheat, there is only one direction price is heading.... and it ain't up!

Ipv6Ready likes this.
  8. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It maybe a good idea to get a little gold to hedge against silver. Gold did better in the 2009 stock market collapse. So it may buffer against the collapse in silver prices if it really happens. Of course, at what price to buy gold is the million dollar question.

9. ozcopper

ozcopper Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm playing the GSR so no gold for me at the moment. This is NOT a short term trade!

tongkat likes this.
  10. Skyrocket

And I'll keep stacking at these prices until they skyrocket which is before 2020. My crystal ball told me so. :)

SpacePete likes this.
  11. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

$1644/1750
    A 3% drop.
    Nothing.

12. sgbuyer

Yes, that's right, its a real $20 for a real oz. It's not free. But of course, if we could buy it for $15, it will be a better deal?

How about paying $1920 to buy 1 stock of Amazon that pays no dividends and doesn't give you anything real?

https://www.google.com/search?q=NASDAQ:AMZN&tbm=fin

The value in Amazon stock is not because it is real or isn't real but because the price doubles every 2 years.

The fact that silver is real makes it worth less because the manipulators can't earn as much out of it. Amazon stock, bitcoin, stuff that not real are more profitable because they cost nothing to create.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  13. wrcmad

Notice you chose to ignore this:
    Cognitive dissonance?

14. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Seven years is longer than my entire stacking history. I remember stories told to me by older stackers of the crazy times when people were lining up to get silver, and the big bullion dealers were taking weeks to fulfil orders. I wish I'd seen that, but am also fortunate I started during the downturn. I hope I'm still around to eventually experience that for myself!

tongkat and ozcopper like this.
  15. Skyrocket

I choose to ignore it because I am not of the same opinion as you and anything we discuss we won't be in agreement so why bother. Best thing to do is to just wait and see who is right. One and a half years is not long time.

16. Skyrocket

I started stacking during the start of the bear market too. Best time to have started and I'll continue stacking until bears over.

17. sgbuyer

It could be worst this time due to the large amount of liquidity floating around. A Singapore dealer had a sale of more than 6000 pieces of 10 oz Heraeus bars close to spot about a week ago. I've been monitoring the stock level every day. People are buying 100-300 pieces a day, so it's gone down about 1500+ pieces. That's almost half a million dollars. We're now it's a silver bear market. I could imagine if we're in a bull market, that 6000 pieces will be gone in an hour.

SpacePete likes this.
  18. tongkat

tongkat Active Member Silver Stacker

Price is what I haven’t figured out yet with gold. I’m not a “collector” really so can’t see myself getting caught up in sovereigns, etc. And when I look at a 1 oz blob of gold at over $1600 I end up with a couple of kilos of silver with change.

19. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I start buying bullion again which the price is too tempted now.

20. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That is like believing that all the metal stored in Custodian Vaults belongs to them or contents of security box at the bank belongs to the bank rather than the customers

wrcmad likes this.