Sigma Metalystic Measurement Mode

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by bubblebobble2, Oct 11, 2019.

1. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Has anyone made a sense of this 'Measurement Mode'? I have tried to get some sort of understanding and please y'all gurus can give me more information of this mode..

RCM 9999 fineness
    [​IMG]

Harrington 999 fineness?!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sctpc

sctpc Active Member

I ran all the coin I have and wrote it down, Knowing a $200 gold coin is 22k gives a 22k value and the kugarand has a slightly Different one. Just so even if its a blob you can see what the metal was. I find I can get a good idea on wide Jewelry with the small wand I can work out some buy values. But they dont recommend that

bubblebobble2 and 66rounds like this.
  3. bubblebobble2

Most ppl I asked on this 'Measurement' mode tells me S-PMV measures the density of the item (metal).... I'm not sure the pureity of that blob, surely not 999+ like new blobs and, its uneven surface, makes it harder for me to get accurate value... I'm sure if this blob gets scanned with XRF machine it'll show the true finness

4. sctpc

sctpc Active Member

An XRF sh*&s on it but I dont want to wast 20k. all I know if I use the small wand I can get similar Measure but as you say you can alter that by an uneven surface or a two small peace to cover but that coin it came with gives a more accurate scan on what Ive checked out.

5. sctpc

sctpc Active Member

The Precious Metal Verifier Measurement Mode allows the user to see a measured value for the item under test. The value is related (close, but not exact) to the resistivity of the metal being tested. Identical metals will have identical values. In this way different alloys and metals can be characterized. To enable this function

6. bubblebobble2

So, as per my pics, I should try other coins...like $200 koala or 22c sovereigns, to get the measurement value and compare it to my blob and see if they're matched.. thus, that is the purity/fineness of my blob?

66rounds likes this.