Should buying and selling be allowed in the Jewellery thread...

Discussion in 'Jewellery & Gems' started by brisbanecoin, Sep 11, 2014.

1. brisbanecoin

brisbanecoin Member Silver Stacker

Just wondering if the Jewellery thread should be opened to buying and selling as it doesn't seem to get that many post and lots of stackers also seem to be interested in Gems and Jewellery! I think it would be more active then the Digital currency buying and selling!

2. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes Yes and double yes. Putting a Jewellery item in the silver for sale or goods for barter thread sees the item get lost amongst the noise.

If buyers are looking for precious metal in the form of jewellery there should be a one stop shop. And same for gem stones, a jewellery thread is really the only logical place that they fit on this site.

It would also mean that you could sell jewellery for fiat which you can't do on the goods for barter thread as that breaks the rules of the thread.
    And just to kick it off i'll be putting this for sale for fiat in the jewellery thread.

[​IMG]

I thought i'd start with something small. (need sarcasm smiley here)

3. graydragon

graydragon New Member

Why Not.
    graydragon

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Because there are dedicated trading threads elsewhere on the forum. If trading posts get made in the jewellery section, you can guarantee that people will use it as a precedent and want to post lunar sales in the lunar section, banknotes in the banknotes section, etc, and because threads are never removed from these forums, people's trading posts would remain in place forever. The trading forums are on a daily schedule to have inactive threads with no posts for 30 days automatically removed.