Ship at buyer risk

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by o-to, Apr 2, 2015.

1. o-to

o-to Member

Hi guys,

I often see the following:

Is this really normal in Australia?

Here in France the guy sending the package is responsible until delivery and it makes sens to me (normal as I've been raised in a country where it's working this way). Could someone explain me the logic behind this in Australia? How the receiver could be responsible for the shipping? He has absolutely no vision/control as he is expecting the parcel not sending it.

How about in the US?

Thank you guys!

2. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you decide to receive it with no registration and no tracking its cheaper but be it at your risk.

3. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

It's related more to what the buyer is willing to pay for postage...
    Regular postage is the cheapest for the buyer but has no tracking
    Registered post costs a bit more but at least has the security of requiring a signature on collection from the post office
    And it gets more secure and expensive from there

Everything is open to fraud in some way but its not worth the risk getting a bad name l on here if you want to continue trading

4. o-to

o-to Member

Just to clarify, this is a general question. I'm not personaly involved. Just seing that in a lot of posts and as it's not nice to commen in people's thread I tought I would ask here in the general questions topic.

Thanks for your answer. I get it.

You guys have actually reverse the problem here. In France the sender is always responsible, a sentence like "ship at buyer risk" would just not be commonly accepted. So the seller is the one worrying about parcels getting lost or not delivered. That's why they decide most of the time to pay a bit more and get a tracking.

Well at the end of the day it's the same: if either buyer or seller is worried it will end with a tracking shipping at buyer's cost or seller would have anticipated this and integrated it in the price of his "Free Delivery" item :D

Cheers!