SEQ SMSF Meeting - Wed 8 August

Discussion in 'Meetings & Events' started by XB, Jul 11, 2012.

1. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi folks

Just a date-saver for the next meeting on Wed 8 August. Details are on the Group's website.

Both presenters have confirmed their attendance. johnw will talk with us about using FHOG bank accounts in your super strategies and gold pelican is flying up from Melbourne especially to talk with us about how SMSFs can take advantage of using Gold Stacker's unallocated program without the associated premiums - so it would be great if we can have a good roll up.

I have emailed everyone on my email list, AND also sent an email from the site to everyone who registered, so if you get a notification twice, I apologise in advance - problem is I have some people with one address on the site and I think it's the same person with another address in my mail group, but on the off chance they are different people, I've emailed everyone as well. Also, not everyone on the email list has yet signed up, so again, I'm hoping we can get a few more members out of it.

Which reminds me - there's a couple of people who have registered on the site with partial names or details or email addresses, so please take a few moments to check your user details and ensure they are correct. Thanks, it will be a big help.

Anyways, please book yourself out for the next meeting and come along. I will ask for RSVP's later - this is just to remind y'all to put the date in your calendar/diary.

Thanks and look forward to seeing you there!

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Date saved!

Should be a good one!

3. Spode

Spode Member

Fun on a bun! And the food there is good too. Thanks XB for all your hard work in arranging these.

4. Jislizard

Oh yeah! Come early for the steaks or come a bit later and watch me eating mine!

+1 to XB for arranging.

My eSuperfund paperwork came through yesterday so I have some homework to do before the next meeting.

If you haven't been before it is well worth the trip, even if you don't have a Self Managed Super Fund but you are kinda interested in finding out a bit more without sales people pressuring you.

The group is currently made up of people who have been running the SMSF for over a year and have gone through the audit already, people who are in the process of setting one up and people who are still undecided. People who like gold and silver and have already allocated some into their SMSF and gone through the hurdles to get that done, people who like to invest in art, shares, property and just about anything else you can think of.

No financial advice is given, just opinions and real life experiences of people going down the same path! Want to know about insuring your PMs, storage, whether you can swap PMs from your personal stash to your SMSF, do you need a safe? Difference between allocated and unallocated. Lots of people to ask!

5. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

Hey XB (got both yr emails re this, tnx) looks like I'll finally be able to make one of these ;)

6. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Bump

I've been off-line for the past few weeks (bloody computers!!) so this is really the first chance I've had to remind everyone about the meeting

goldpelican is confirmed and is flying up just to talk with the group, so if you have a SMSF or are thinking of starting one, ploease come along.

Also, when I finally logged in today, I had a PM from a stasher:

Short answer to "might it be of help" is yes.

Longer answer is, if you have not yet started a SMSF, and there are several members in that position in the group, you will be able to pick the brains of others and discover which option/s are best for you (e.g. esuperfund vs DIY vs some combination) before you start.

Once you've started, you'll be able to talk with others who are in the same position as you and sharing the same issues, experiences, frustrations, roadblocks and opportunities.

So I'd strongly suggest you come along if you can to our next meeting - Wed 8/8.

If you email me ([email protected]) I can shoot you through details. Or go to the group's website www.SuperStashers.com and join up and you'll be able to get the meeting details there.

Any other questions, please feel free to email me

Regards
    Rob

7. Jislizard

Paperwork is through!

I will be coming along with the other MDL Superfund trustee (the other trustee objected to Jislizard Superfund)

Looking forward to getting some gold stashed away so Gold Pelican will be a welcome speaker, just transferring the money away from UniSuper which could take up to 30 days and then I will be looking at what I can invest in.

Hopefully the Pikey can join us and share what he has learnt about investing in art.

8. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Won't be attending this evening gents sorry - would've loved to but got rehearsal for a charity gig I've got next week... :(

Have been researching quite heavily, and my paperwork came through the other day too - so I'll make a point of coming down to the next one if it kills me!

Have a great night, and I'll see you next weekend hopefully!

RD

9. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

How did this go?

10. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

It went very well - great info from johnw (re using FHOG and putting funds into SMSF - smart thinking for anyone who hasn't ever bought property).

GP opened our eyes with some clever thinking about using unallocated accounts in SMSF and taking advantage of GoldStackers low fees; the SMSF tax environment and an understanding of the GSR to make a mint (your own mint - well at least once it's out of unallocated and out of your Super!).

GP also explained how their unallocated is set-up and how title to your "gold/silver" is protected.

There WAS a lot of SEQ SMSF SuperStashers "secret business" discussed - I can't tell you how many times I heard the phrase "this never leaves the room" ...

... and so we wondered where the rest of the stashers were, who missed out on all the secret stuff?

Nice to see new faces, XB did a great job of running the show (tnx!) ... worth the trip down from the Sunny Coast.

Thanks to GP for making the effort, I appreciated it ;)

11. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Makes me really regret not coming last night... I've missed out on 'secret business', have we finally made our own SS handshake? :D

Ah well, here's hoping I'll be made privy to it at the Brissy meet next week...

12. Emanance

Emanance Guest

We even used our SS online usernames instead of real names, just like the banksters did on Jekyll Island :p But seriously those GSR plays GP showed us was something else :)

13. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Busy responding to a tender he was given that morning :/