Saturday shoping

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Mi lao shu, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Mi lao shu

Mi lao shu Member

Hey guys,

i am planing to go little heavy on pandas in Saturday , if price drop little or stay same i am planing to buy 150 oz 2011 Ag pandas, what u think , to buy less 2010 pandas or wait more for bigger drop if occur? Price at moment i dont know i will know it tomorrow, since i am not in China now.

2. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

"Hey guys,

i am planing to go little heavy on pandas in Saturday , if price drop little or stay same i am planing to buy 150 oz 2011 Ag pandas, what u think , to buy less 2010 pandas or wait more for bigger drop if occur? Price at moment i dont know i will know it tomorrow, since i am not in China now."

Nihao, you should always dollar cost average your purchases unless you know that stocks will "sell out"... if 150 oz to you isnt a big spend then sure why not. If its a large chunk of your silver spend and your not getting much of a discount.. why not buy in three increments of 50oz?

You also might want to diversify your silver stack a little but if you love the 2011 panda and are getting a decent deal on them.. why not..

The reason to dollar cost average is to reduce risk of buying near the top... its the safe investment strategy for stacking silver, slowly but steadily adding to your stack IE: weekly.

Hope i was able to help you Mi Lao Shu

1for1

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

You don't want to wait for the release of the astrological coins?

4. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

Mi lao shu, good to hear from you :)

Personally, I feel a buying decision comes down to the reason you're buying.

If you look on silver (or gold) as an investment against bad times to come (SHTF, economic collapse), then with that, in my view, you probably would tend to dismiss any numismatic premiums when considering what to buy, and look instead toward any silver that is trusted in source, recognisable, perhaps small denomination/size to cater toward bartering purposes, and, given those criteria, get the most silver for your fiat.

If, on the other hand, you look on silver (or gold) for the uniqueness, numismatic value, aesthetics, etc - I will defer Panda questions to those considerably more knowledgeable than I am in these matters :)

(in case you haven't guessed by the above, I'm the "SHTF oh crap is gonna come" kind of stacker. I absolutely and utterly fail to see how the SS Fiat is going to remain afloat much longer - it's so shot full of holes it makes a colander look waterproof).

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

yes Midnight man, you are correct.

Australia and other countries citizens are going to be considerably worse off in the future as the endangered species (the middle class) gets taxed and legislated to oblivion.. at the same time govt sector will expand as power gets more centralised.. the long shot is.. pretty bullion on silver will be irrelavant or a reminder of better days.. to this point overpaying on pretty silver may not be the smartest alternative.

There is a chance society wont break down but it should be factored into investments.

1for1

6. Mi lao shu

Mi lao shu Member

My gf check prices today and they were not so low as i was expecting so i buy only one sheet of 2011 1 oz silver panda , totaly 30pcs, 355rmb/ 1oz or 55usd/pcs, i listen advice and decide to go on average price, if prices drop i will by rest next week, if not i will buy sheet by sheet.