Saracen(SAR)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Silverthorn, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Wout

Wout New Member

When you guys talk about "getting your order filled" what do you mean? Sorry for the newbie question..

2. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

You can put an order in to buy at a certain price but the price might not get there. If it does your order gets filled. The alternative is to put in an order at market price and get it straight away.

3. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Take trading in SAR today as an example. The price of the stock ranged from a high of 62c to a low of 58.5c
    Let's say you bid to buy 1,000 shares at 57c. That would have resulted in your order not being filled today.
    Let's say you bid to buy 1,000 shares at 59c. That would have resulted in your order being filled today.

If you leave your unfilled 57c bid open, it might get filled in future days, as the price changes, offers fall to 57, and "your order gets filled"

Think of an order like a gaping need that seeks to get filled.

4. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

I would recomend to avoid slippage (slippage is unexpected price fluctuation between your internet click and the actual market purchase)
    that you only make limit orders (eg fill in the order 1000 @ 0.57) rather than buy 'at market' which buys at whatever the market is the most recent sell price.

Ive been caught out a few times where I was up for an extra 12% because the shares at my price - got sold a split second before i clicked my mouse.

5. Wout

Wout New Member

Ok I understand that now, so basically you've put in an order for a certain price on a stock but if that price wasn't reached on a particular trading day then your order doesn't go through (get filled)

sweet thanks for good explanation

6. BIGGRIN

BIGGRIN Member

Bottomed at 36.5c today. I'm in trouble with the CFO tonight. She's gettting a few SAR's for Christmas...

:D

7. finicky

Scarey chart to be holding/buying this stock. Hard to be confident of chart readings these days with programmed trading machines often at work. Week ended on its low with above average volume. Price should never had fallen below mega support 50c. Only bright spot is divergence showing up in weekly momentum

Haven't followed it, although it's on my goldie watchlist. Looks like it had a very disappointing FY12? If you're at all interested in the Skaffold robot's predictive valuation - it is 57c FY13, $1.27 FY14, $1.40 FY15
    However this is drawn from the input of only a few analysts, and wide divergence of opinion on earnings FY14-15:
    Three covering for FY13, consensus eps 8c. minimum 7c, maximum 8c
    Three covering for FY14, consensus eps 14c. minimum 10c, maximum 19c
    Two covering for FY15, consensus eps 16c. minimum 12c, maximum 21c

Even if the lowest earnings estimates come to pass you wouldn't mind paying 37 cps, as long as there's a reasonable mine life (mining reserve of 1.1m ozs?). But obviously the market is seeing something worse. Looks like negligible debt and cash in the bank at end of FY12, but now eating into a Macquarie Bank financing facility for growth capital, and growth capital could total as much as $265m over FYs 13,14,15
    Hedging of 16% of current ore reserves demanded by the bank. Trading at about book value, and even net tangible asset value

It is rated A4 for quality and performance based on its FY12 year, but not a simple proposition at all

[​IMG]

8. finicky

Saracen Mineral Holdings (SAR) had all time high in daily volume today as 34m shares exchanged hands.

Funny things happening in Gold shares lately. Why?

Northern Star (NST) strongest daily volume in 3 months today, and is confirmed now as uptrending, in the short term at least (i.e weeks to a few months). NST broken well clear of its primary downtrend

Notice the SAR chart's positive divergence when comparing the price low in August 2012 and the current low with the corresponding lows in RSI and MACD indicators (weekly chart)

[​IMG]

9. Silverthorn

I've not been too worried about saracen but I was watching kingsgate get knocked down and bounce back again. I'll be watching for newcrest to move up to show sort of sign for the end of the consolidation. touch wood.

10. finicky

Breaking out?

[​IMG]

11. finicky

I made a bid for some of these when it looked a good chance to breakout. A bit optimistic at 17c on 08 Aug so I closed the bid unfilled late last week. Maybe it's closing the gap now @ 25.5c and is ripe for a pullback. I'll decide then if that happens, not willing to chase it up. Gold stocks risky enough as it is without paying recent highs. The RSI is at well overbought but that's not a sure indicator of course, just a help. Volume might slack off. Traders will have a good profit to protect at any sign of price weakness - highest volumes back at 13-16c during 22-24th July = around 80% gains for those buyers in less than a month to date. Depends how many are investing at recent low prices I guess. Heard a recent presentation of outlook was well received but yet to look into it.

DAILY
    [​IMG]

12. finicky

High volume day, not slacking off. Close near the intraday high

Check this out:

Chair and M.D buying substantial shares

Guido Staltari, Chairman
    8 & 9 August 2013
    Number acquired 2,000,000
    Value/Consideration $350,229.75 (average price $0.1751)
    On market acquisition

Raleigh Finlayson, Managing Director
    13 August 2013
    Number acquired 810,211
    Value/Consideration Average price $0.194 per share
    On market purchase

From Raleigh Finlayson - Managing Director's presentation to the
    Diggers & Dealers Conference in Kalgoorlie 7 August 2013

From Page One:

To avoid information overload just focus on 3 key points, being:

1. Saracen is not only viable in a lower gold price environment, but
    will prosper in one, on the flip side the company has significant
    leverage to a higher gold price environment.

2. The Whirling Dervish open pit has been de-risked and will deliver
    free cashflows in the order of the current SAR market cap in just
    one year.

3. The Red October underground mine has similarly been de-risked,
    exceeding grade performance versus reserve, delivering plus
    $400/oz "all in" free cashflow and still with exceptional exploration
    upside.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SAR&E=ASX&N=644866

13. finicky

Holy smoke - gold down last night, down today. Most goldies down, SAR motoring on high volume of 15m shares, Forget the gap, forget the overbought level, this is one of those occasions the stock doesn't care. One cent, too cheap by one cent to get on.

Chart - volume rising, closing on its high when overbought on daily chart, and on a day when gold down, gold stocks mostly down = super strong short term performance
    [​IMG]

14. MyNamesNotBen

MyNamesNotBen New Member

Yep ill be buying if it falls to below 20c with gold around or above $1400 au for sure.

15. finicky

Yes that's the idea here too. Rather dip out than chase up when it comes to gold stocks. We're very unlikely to see 20c if gold doesn't have a severe setback though, imo

16. MyNamesNotBen

MyNamesNotBen New Member

A drop of $50 in gold would be enough to cause a minor pullback with most gold stocks, SAR included. $50 dollars doesn't seem like much considering the volatility we have seen in gold recently. As pointed out above traders are sitting on some big gains, even more so after today and a small correction could cause a nice little bit of panic and profit taking. Fingers crossed :)

17. finicky

Might get a chance for a first nibble at these tomorrow or soon
    Gold down US$21 tonight so far and SAR was down 2c (8%) today for 22.5c close on its intraday low. The bold holders who stepped in just a couple of months ago are watching their profits evaporating/ losses mounting for the enthusiastic August buyers/ Must be nervous.
    Not much volume in the selling yet must admit

[​IMG]

18. finicky

Waited a bit long NotBen? Best on my goldie list today: +6c +29%

[​IMG]

19. Silverthorn

It outperforms most on the big moves up. should do well if gold really gets going again.

edit

I bought Santa Barbara instead of this on the recent knockdowns. it''s done well today as well but not as good as saracen.

20. MyNamesNotBen

MyNamesNotBen New Member

Yep I missed out again by the looks of it but I was just too nervous to put more money in gold stocks before the fed announcement. I bought some more crusader (CAS) the other week and now I'm happy with the shares I've got. Just not feeling as confident in gold anymore, even after the fed announcement.. Other shares all seem so overvalued at the moment so I wont be buying them either although I do have a watchlist ready for when the next largish dip happens (10% +) mainly interested in Magellan Flagship Fund (MFF) I added MFF to my watch list at .95 and now its 1.40 so I feel like its too late to buy now.. Im just focusing on saving my rainy day fund and buying the odd bit of silver and for the moment just putting a little cash aside every week so I'm ready for the next market crash, whenever that may be. Did you buy any gold stocks today Finicky?