Santa Rosa - the Tubbs Fire

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Pandacollector, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Pandacollector

Pandacollector Active Member

Probably not many coin collectors realize that the small city of Santa Rosa, California may be home to more notable coin dealers than any other town its size in the United States. I personally know five companies based there and one, Steve Album Rare Coins, is on its way to becoming an important world coin auction house. There is Stephen Album Rare Coins (and its employees), World Wide Coins of California, Jack Beymer Coins, World Treasures and one more significant private dealer whom I won't name.

So it is with great sadness that I have to report that three dealers have lost their homes and/or offices and it is uncertain if they will reopen for business. Fortunately, none of them is injured and the Beymers and Steve Album rare Coins survived without damage (so far). My heart goes out to all those affected. I know one dealer who has been sleeping on the couch of another as he escaped only with the clothes on his back. Besides a personal tragedy I am also afraid that this fire may have repercussions for years to come in the Chinese and world numismatic areas. There has been some great art and artifacts lost, too. I will write more about this later, but the potential is historically significant.

My sympathy is with all affected. I know that Adam Biagi is very active in support of our friends and I will do my utmost to help, too. Please keep all the folks there in your thoughts. The fires continue to threaten the city.

Best wishes,
    Peter Anthony
    China Pricepedia
    The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
    www.pandacollector.com

STC likes this.
  2. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I glad to know Australia has sent FireFighters over to help.

3. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I bit sad of the nature disaster