SALES THREADS OFF LIMITS.

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by silversearcher, Jan 16, 2016.

1. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi everyone. Wishing ALL FORUM MEMBERS a safe, healthy, prosperous New Year. Had a refreshing break, but have noticed that while away there has been the occasional PEST on some sales threads. Of course some refer to these as TROLLS ( not sure if it's that sinister, as trolling is almost a punishable offence these days ). However, nothing is worse than a PEST to those who are trying to legitimately sell things. Tired of seeing smart ass comments on sales threads. Sure, at times it may be hard to hold your tongue, but this is place to tuck it your mouth and be silent. If wishing to buy, legitimate questions about the item are fair enough. But benign unrelated comments should be avoided.

Smart ass comments from sellers should avoided also ( and I've seen plenty ). Hey, at times it's almost impossible not to respond to another smart ass in your own sales thread. But a word of advice - DON'T. If you want a good standing on any online selling site, it's best to KEEP THE TRAP SHUT. Ebay is a great example of this. Look at a sellers response on their feedback and if their behaviour is a tad unruly a potential buyer will avoid with a ten foot pole. Buyers watch how sellers conduct themselves all the time and vice versa.

2. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Brilliant advice. :)

3. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If someone has the need to post some stupid comment on my sales thread and I'm forced to respond to it then it doesn't usually upset me too much, I just see it as two free bumps. :)