Russian opposition leader shot down near Kremlin

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by phrenzy, Feb 28, 2015.

1. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

2. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

"Boris Nemtsov:

I was taken to the Tver Department of Internal Affairs and a few hours before the New Year a major came up to me and said I would need a bottle of water and cigarettes. I said: "Is this a sort of New Year gift from the police?" And he said: "No, it will come in handy. It's been decided that you are spending the next 24 hours in our basement." The cell was a stone dungeon, about one and a half by three metres, veiled in semi-darkness so it was impossible to read. There was no bed, no pillows or mattresses, just the floor. I asked: "How can you sleep here?" and he said: "You take off your clothes, pile them up somehow and go to sleep if you wish, of course." They took away my glasses, belt and shoelaces. I had my shoes for a pillow, and my ski-jacket for duvet, mattress and sheet. I spent 40 hours in this cell, and on 2 January I was driven to the courthouse where Judge Olga Borovkova who is now infamous across the country sentenced me to 15 days' detention."

"Boris Nemtsov:

The decision to detain me and other opposition figures, such as Eduard Limonov and Ilia Yashin, was taken by Vladislav Surkov, Deputy Chief of the Russian President's Administration. It was a political decision. The idea to lock us all up in punishment cells, in concrete torture-chambers, in solitary cells with no mattress or bed was also Surkov's. He has a specially trained man called Nikita Ivanov, and this gentleman provides unlawful, totally criminal links between Surkov and the Chief of the Moscow Administration of Internal Affairs Vladimir Kolokoltsev. I have this information from reliable sources.
    "

https://www.opendemocracy.net/od-ru...was-mister-putin-interview-with-boris-nemtsov

Then they shoot him.

Kremlin propagandists and conspiracy sites like zero hedge and sites reposting from globalresearch.ca are kremlin agitprop dumps.

Putins Russia is fascism.

I'll repeat that for as long as it is true Julie as I think Nemtsov deserved that and showed real guts. At least I'm a genuine person and not some sociopathic loon with three accounts who's grandfather was in the KGB and worships the USSR and who makes a pittance creating dire 4chan style troll art for kremlin sockpuppets to annoy the world with.

Ever wonder why the pro kremlin conspiracy sites pumped silver in particular?

3. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

People who act as fascist state propagandists are the grey men in uniforms standing beside mass graves. Dead inside and full of fear.

No wonder they run away to exile and hiding so often. The soul of an SS/NKVD/KGB man must stink of rotten meat.

"A year after the annexation of Crimea, Putin's Russia is looking ever more like an expansionist fascist state. "Putin has brought Nazism into politics," Nemtsov told a reporter hours before he was shot. As the regime aims to destroy critical thinking, years of round-the-clock propagandahugely intensified by the Ukraine campaignhas taken its toll on Russian society. Many Russians are ready for war: this can be seen in the numbers of men who left their homes to fight in Ukraine as volunteers (alongside regular Russian troops)."

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/putin-fascist-in-the-kremlin-115725.html

5. spannermonkey

6. spannermonkey

7. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

"The decision to detain me and other opposition figures, such as Eduard Limonov and Ilia Yashin, was taken by Vladislav Surkov .... By the way, a day before the bomb at Domodedovo, Surkov and his protg Vasily Yakimenko were busy getting youth activists to phone my former prison cellmates, offering them three thousand dollars each if they publicly declared in interviews that they raped me in the cells. The kids, who were hard up, refused the money, phoned me straight away and told me everything.

Boris Nemtsov
    "

Pro putin internet propagandists are scum.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DpcNg9yv88[/youtube]

8. smk762

[​IMG]

For real though, this thread has had no new info for too long, and really should be locked.

9. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

I don't get the impression that would be said by you if it was a thread full of kremlin agitprop and lies and pseudo fascist putin worship. Then you would have all your shoddy and similar 'horray for putin' animated memes posting under a couple of accounts. Still if all else fails there is always a throw for the old censorship hey?

http://www.darkpolitricks.com/fsb-apartment-bombing-false-flag-attack/

"There is a lot of evidence that the series of Russian apartment bombings which occurred in September 1999, killing 293 people and injuring 651 and which brought Vladimir Putin to power, were actually committed by Russian State security services mainly the FSB.

This evidence comes from a number of sources including an eye witness who saw subsequently arrested FSB agents planting bags of explosives at one apartment block in Ryazan, the explosive expert who defused the bomb, an apparent confession by an ex GRU officer and much investigation by brave independent journalists and reporters many of whom paid with their lives for speaking out. This included the famous investigative reporter Anna Politkovskaya who was executed on Putin's birthday (seen as a message by many) and Alexander Litvinenko the ex Russian spy who wrote about the bombings, accused Putin for Anna's execution and was executed by being poisoned in London two weeks later.

The bombings which were the largest series of coordinated terrorist attacks in Russia's history were used as a pretext for going to war with Chechnya again and brought the ex KGB agent Vladimir Putin to power as a popular but authoritarian strong man.
    "

http://reason.com/blog/2015/03/02/russian-opposition-fearful-following-nem
    " Let's look at Russia. We have one party built on the cult of a leader, plus some irrelevant satellite parties. Every few years there is a pathetic parody of an election. We have a chauvinistic and aggressive foreign policy, a reheating of imperial complexes, the militarization of society. These are the characteristics of a fascist regime, aren't they? But Putin is not a fascist. He just cynically uses some elements of the past, mixes them with othersfor example with Soviet traditionsand the hybrid is born, the contemporary hybrid fascism. " -Boris Nemtsov

10. smk762

That, good sir, is slander, and I will not abide it.

I'm always open for a reasonable debate, but when conversing with someone who has made up their mind on an issue and repeatedly puts forth the same information I'm not interested.
    You've said your peace, and I didn't dispute it, only pointed out that our leaders are capable of and complicit in the same shenanigans.

Your constant double and triple posting, self quoting, and regurgitation of your last comment ad nauseam is indicative of deeper issues. If you have friends or family who were personally impacted it might make sense, but if that is not the case you come across as no different to the kgb funded propagandists you speak of, albeit under the funding of another agency.

If you have nothing new to add, let your opinion stand on it's own. Shouting it repeatedly only make you appear a fool who is so insecure in his argument that he needs to repeat it so often.

11. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

That's a fairly typical kremlin style response 'but the west is baaaad'. Newsflash first world nations don't go around justifying political murder by saying 'but other people do it'. That's not reason that's diversion.

Slander - you don't have a working grasp of the law. I'm afraid the world is not Russia where you may get jailed for speaking out.You have not given any information to counter the quotes and videos I have posted. At no point have you even attempted to engage in 'reasoned debate' but repeatedly posted inane images and chimped on in typical kremlin agitprop style.Just the usual inane 'clap clap putin' and 'the west is bad' junk. If you are offended or bored by the truth then move on. No one is stopping you.

You seem entirely oblivious as to why I draw attention to Boris Nemtsovs final interview. You expressed no reasoned answer to any of the issues I raised, the lists of political murders under putin. His rise to power, the Moscow bombings, the increasingly shrill anti-western, xenophobic, racist, antisemtic, ultranationalist 'dear leader' kremlim propaganda, the lame conspiracy agitprop dumps like zerohedge etc.

You choose to ignore the words of the murdered man, this colleagues, his daughter, his mother, amnesty international all to excuse Putin and his sleavy pseudo fascist klepocracy and hide from the real world under a tin foil hat built with scraps from kremlin run agitprop dumps. Your choice, go read another thread.

Boris Nemtsov Gives His Last Ever Interview Before He Was Shot
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8yTG9UmXGc[/youtube]

12. smk762

So the west is innocent? Or are you implying that I do not have the free speech to question this premise without being open to accusation of being a KGB agent?

Your assertion is false, and a defamation of my character, hence legal grounds for the Defamation Act under Australian law. At no time did I "clap clap Putin", nor imply that Putin was justified in the actions you accuse him of on the basis that "everyone does it". I admittedly posted images as comic relief in response to your vitriol, though I take offence at your assertion that I "chimped out". That is vilification.

I am never bored by the truth, but I am tedious of a myopic version of truth being constantly spammed. Repetition is not reasoned debate, so I agree it was not achieved.

I don't expect you to offer public apology for the untrue statements you have made against me as would be the proper recourse within the definition of the Defamation Act. Fortunately I am not the sort to undertake vexatious litigation. I'm sure the judge would not be tolerant of your defence.

13. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Stop gibbering on about courts - you clearly have no legal knowledge whatsoever. Further contrary to your obsession with chimping 'the west is baaad' at every opportunity and indulging in 'whataboutism' - stop and reflect on the fact that this thread is about the murder of a Russian opposition leader, in Russia which was worked into a condition of nationalistic frenzy by state propaganda and to to consider Nemtsov a 'traitor' for raising extremely valid points about Putins fascism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

"Whataboutism is a nickname for the tactic used by the Soviet Union in its dealings with the Western world during the Cold War. When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union, the response would be "What about..." followed by the naming of an event in the Western world It represents a case of tu quoque or the appeal to hypocrisy, a logical fallacy which attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position, without directly refuting or disproving the opponent's initial argument.

In 2008, The Economist claimed that this tactic is observed in the politics of modern Russia, along with this being evidence of a resurgence of Cold War and Soviet-era mentality within Russia's leadership.
    "

Here is you practising exactly that do note the logical fallacy mentioned above.

A Final Interview With Boris Nemtsov

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/03/13/final-interview-boris-nemtsov-310392.html

"[Putin] programmed my countrymen to hate strangers. He persuaded them that we need to rebuild the former Soviet order, and that the position of Russia in the world depends entirely on how much the world is afraid of us. He managed to do all these things with Goebbels-style propaganda. If we are talking about the responsibility for spilling both Russian and Ukrainian blood, it lies not only with Putin, but also with such gentlemen as Konstantin Ernst [director general of Channel One] or Dmitry Kiselyov [head of the new, Russian-government-owned news agency Rossiya Segodnya]. They operate in accordance with the simple principles of Joseph Goebbels: Play on the emotions; the bigger the lie, the better; lies should be repeated many times. This propaganda is directed to the simple men; there is no room for any questions, nuances"

Do you agree with the murdered man that Putin is running a gobbels like propaganda campaign, how about his statement that Russian elections have been blatantly rigged, how about his warnings on Putins fascism?

14. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Oldsoul day, I mean Groundhog day:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSVeDx9fk60[/youtube]

Deja vu? :rolleyes:

It's Oldsoul post!
    Again!

15. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

I get deja vu whenever I real kremlin spin and a political opponent of Putin get's murdered and read a forum with some brainwashed kremlin fool posting animated gifs and 'the west is baaad' conspiracy reposts from kremlin agitprop dumps like zero hedge and globalresearch.ca. See below for a list of putins groundhog death days.

16. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

I'm afraid put in eats fish for breakfast...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E[/youtube]