Robots Volume 1 - Love

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by thecoinanalyst, Nov 9, 2021.

1. thecoinanalyst

thecoinanalyst Member

What some have called the most anticipated coin of the year is now available. It is the first coin of a new series called Next Evolution on how technology is changing mankind and focuses on robots that form attachments with each other.
    Issued for Tokelau, it is made from 3 ounces of pure silver with gold plating on the female robot on the left, is 50 millimeters in diameter and has both proof and reverse proof finishes on the respective robots (female and male) and obsidian black proof for the fields. The reverse is all obsidian black proof and has a microchip with Ian Rank Broadley's effigy of the Queen in the middle.
    Only 399 struck and comes with a lot of extras: a leatherette box that is also a display frame, black gloves to handle the coin and QR codes on the coa for augmented reality experience of the coin. Perhaps most impressively it uses a new type of ultra high-relief striking that Artisan Coin Productions calls Pinnacle Relief, which has a depth of 6.5 mm.
    Pictures don't do justice to this really stunning and elegant coin that is one of the most innovative pieces I have ever seen. 254332966_1805948349610134_8803020126290698215_n.jpg

Attached Files:

heartastack likes this.
  2. WildWelder303

WildWelder303 New Member

Wow! I truly am impressed! I will be adding this to my collection if I can find them locally!! Thanks for the post!

3. thecoinanalyst

thecoinanalyst Member

My pleasure, WildWelder. I only saw one on eBay but you can get them from First Coin Company, which I believe offers free worldwide shipping. It gives me pleasure each time I look at it.

4. thecoinanalyst

thecoinanalyst Member

By the way, the male robot is the gilded one on the left, and female is on the right.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I read that as "gelded" at first.

6. WildWelder303

WildWelder303 New Member

Thanks! It is very appealing! I love to obverse but the reverse is what I'm liking the most! The circuit with Elizabeth on it is amazing!

7. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd be up for it. Imagine if it started toning after purchase though!