Ripple anyone?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Jimmy1986, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Jimmy1986

Jimmy1986 Active Member Silver Stacker

Hey all,

Has anyone had any experience with the digital currency "Ripple"?

I've just created a wallet to sus it out but have no idea how to get any coins.

Cheers Jimmy

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Jimmy1986

Jimmy1986 Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks, Yeah I've seen that.

I was listning to an interview on the let's talk Bitcoin podcast and they had a guest on from Ripple talking it up. Thought it would be strange if they let a scammer on the pobcast to talk about the Ripple protocol.

But yeah after reading about it, it doesn't sound super legit. Just thought I might grab a few to speculate.

Cheers

4. Ghostrider80811

Ghostrider80811 New Member

I read both arguments for and against XRP's and Im convinced it could be a good speculative investment. Also note that most the guys points on ripplescam.org has been debunked but not all. This was what tipped the decision in favor of buying XRP's as I already missed the recent HUGE run-up on BTC. Just waiting for a correction on the BTC (can hope right?) and plan to scoop up more if I can only sell my Gold Panda set. I believe whoever or entrepenuer can securely and simplyfy the procedure to acquire ANY digital currencies will go a long way to forward this experiment/revolution/speculations or whatever they people want to call it? LOL

I learned there's also a Bitcoin Bridge that lets people sent BTC's straight from their Ripple wallets or ANY currency and its open source as contrary to ripplescam.org as the source code finally came out recently.

5. Ghostrider80811

Ghostrider80811 New Member

Snapswap is giving away free XRP's to verified members and Bitstamp one can just buy once you get verified. Both places you can buy XRP's no problems. Soon more crypto exchanges will start accepting XRP's. Chris Larsen is a financially industry veteran and his team are top-notch. I just dont like how they have been distributing XRP's as there are many problems and it could hinder its growth. Also, there's a trust line one has to extent but its faster confirmation than BTC.

Full disclosure-- I have both BTC and XRP's.