RIP Aussie SAS and Diggers.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Kawa, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Irrespective of what one thinks of the politics of any war.Our forces are there because that's their job and the job they choose.

The warriors of the ADF don't want your judgement just your support.

Hate the game love the player.

Comments about whether we should be there or not dont mean anything to the families that have lost their Sons ,Brothers,Fathers,Husbands and Uncles.

2. Ernster

Ernster New Member

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

why delete it, if it's what you believe?

4. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Because I like this forum and the people here and it's not worth getting into heated debates, topics like this can get very heated.

To summarize what I deleted.... I hate war and think troops are stupid for getting involved and doing the governments dirty work, selfish for leaving their kids and families to go murder people, and deserve whatever comes their way for getting involved in a war that doesn't involve them. I'll leave it as that.

5. hiho

I joined the military for a career and to defend my country if needed, whats the issue there? It's not their choice which war they fight

6. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Because war is usually fought with sinister intentions by the governments. Take the war in Iraq for example.

I understand not all are in combat so not all are murderers, but I just can't understand how anyone can even support the whole concept. If there is a real threat and there is an army in our backyward, that's a different story. If troops have no say in where they go yet should know wars are started for power, money, oil etc why even get involved in the first place.

7. hiho

its chicken egg theory though, do we need an army before they invade or after they invade

8. Kawa

Kawa New Member

I think you should have kept that deleted IMO as it shows no respect to the soldiers that have made the ultimate sacrifice.

9. Ernster

Ernster New Member

I was thinking the same and came to the conclusion. I'd rather risk being late than go off to a needless war and murder innocent people for no real reason. I don't know how people can sleep at night knowing full well what they're getting into and being ok with killing or helping other people kill troops who are not the real enemy in the first place.

In the end its the whole system that needs changing but when the system is evil to begin with, that's difficult to do. The only thing you can do is not join and send a message to them.

There's nothing wrong with training just in case, but to become a government slave and have no say where you go, I'd rather play no part in it to begin with.

I appreciate how well you taken my comments though, and perhaps you have noble intentions I'm not saying you are a terrible person...in the end no matter what I say, I give everyone a chance in the real world.

10. Argentum

Argentum Active Member

there are countries that have defence forces and ones that have armies; i would consider joining the former but not latter. Defence force protects our citizens while the latter can be used to do the same but often isnt. Dont see how in US National guard has become pretty much a part of army in Iraq and elsewhere

11. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Anyone in the army thinking they are there to "protect Australians" indeed earns their title as mindless grunts and their use as cannon fodder by this joke we call a government is predictable. If you wish to invest/spend your life in the armed forces as with any other investment you should DYODD.

ADF lol

12. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Your post is a nonsense and totally illogical.

I dont think you have any concept of how coalition forces work nor the concept.

In the case of this war if you are suggesting the Taliban are "innocent people" or " not the real enemy" then you are a fool.

Show some fuckin respect to these Australian soldiers that have died you fuckwit.

13. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Lower the annual wage of the soldiers to $40k pa, and those that remain at those prices are warriors and willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.
    But at the prices they are getting, most of them are as patriotic as workers in the mining industry.

14. Kawa

Kawa New Member

It is under 40 K for first year enlisted plus the various bonuses and allowances when deployed.

To suggest the ADF members in the main do the job for the money is just incorrect.

15. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Did the troops show any respect to the 1 million plus Iraq CIVILIANS THEY KILLED? NO!

But no you don't give a shit about the middle eastern people who died because the news shows bombs and explosions every time they show a middle eastern face and like the fool that you are, you fell for it and think they are all terrorists and bad people!

These children and wife need a Daddy and Husband not some friggen "hero" who left them for years, to go act all macho with a gun.

16. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

This thread is about five Australians who were killed on active service. Not a debate about war.

Suggest that people wishing to discuss the latter and not offer condolences on the former stay the hell away from this thread.

17. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

When they enlist they are usually younger and still get more money than what they would get elsewhere.

Soldiers job in modern liberal democracies is positively correlated with the money ( and bonuses and allowances ) they are getting.

18. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

19. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Even you were correct which you are not

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/army/payAndBenefits/payDetails.aspx

Why would not a profession that may involve you loosing your life pay some extras when deployed.

I personally am disgusted to see the general cute anti ADF comments here from whimps that wouldn't know how to handle themselves if the bus driver yelled at them.

As for that Ernster tool...your a fucking disgrace and should be deported.

20. Ernster

Ernster New Member

:lol: If you're paying we have a deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.