Revolut to launch its own crypto exchange

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by TreasureHunter, Nov 5, 2021.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

According to various sources - for instance, CoinDesk, the Revolut "card operator" is working on launching a crypto exchange:

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2...to-hire-tech-lead-to-build-a-crypto-exchange/

Revolut is a huge competitor of banks due to lower currency exchange rates, but in my opinion also a competitor of Visa and Mastercard. They has 15 million customers in 2021.

If I am correct, they already surpassed 100 billion USD in transactions this year (just my estimates based on earlier estimates - for example, they had 88 billion USD in 2019).

Revolut could easily grow to 100-200 million customers. Almost everyone I've worked with had a Revolut card. It is very wide-spread. Although, Revolut has a bad reputation regarding safety (but that's a long issue).

They already allow users to buy crypto, but the can not withdraw it. So it's useless, since it's only for the sake of speculation. This is stupid.

If they launch an exchange, it could become bigger than Mt.Gox, also because the sheeple are already in the network and are finding out about crypto from inside the Revolut system.

I think many cryptos are going to explode and just grow, grow, grow after this gets launched.

With Revolut, crypto will have gone mainstream, by the time this gets launched. This is going to be very big (but Revolut needs to keep growing).

Then again: will they allow people to withdraw their coins? Regardless, you can forget about decentralization, this will be a centralizing system (like all exchanges).