Religious fanatics firebomb Netflix production office over 'blasphemy'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Roswell Crash Survivor, Dec 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fox News:"Creators of gay Jesus Netflix special bombed in Christmas Eve terrorist attack"

BBC News:"Brazil police investigate fire-bombing of 'gay Jesus' film office"

To those who'd defend their actions: explain how this mob of 'intergrists' differ from the terrorists who attacked Charlie Hebdo for publishing satire depicting the prophet of islam wearing an explosive turban.

mmm....shiney! and 66rounds like this.
  2. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's about time the religionists were called out and concerted efforts made to rehabilitate them, and not accommodate their backward behaviour because "faith" is somehow sacrosanct.

We should be trying to raise up humanity, not promoting ignorance and allowing superstition to spread.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  3. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Simple,
    Do you see any mainstream Christian organistion defending the actions?
    where as
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/re...sympathise-with-Charlie-Hebdo-terrorists.html

Plus its like comparing apples with ak47s
    "Porta dos Fundos released a statement following the incident, confirming no injuries had been reported. However, the company stated the attack "endangered several innocent lives" of staffers and civilians on the street, Variety said"

compared
    "On 7 January 2015 at about 11:30am CET local time, two brothers, Saïd and Chérif Kouachi, forced their way into the offices of the French satirical weekly newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris. Armed with rifles and other weapons, they killed 12 people and injured 11 others"

Then there is the shear frequency of attacks by Islamic terroists vs all other religions combined

so now that you have found an isolated act of relatively benign aggression from people responding to yet another mainstream attack on Christianity instead of trying to say we are hypocritical for not immediately posting about it and condemning the actions of the fire bombing individuals, which we do, how about you imagine if a similar video had been playing in a majority Muslim country and what the reaction would have been?
    Would a small number if individuals have just thrown a Molotov cocktail at what appears to have been an empty building, or perhaps an angry mob would have formed and lynched the occupants of the building as is common from the religion of peace.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  4. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member

Maybe not everyone agrees to shove everything up their asses.
    Rope suckers have to answer for their sickness sometimes.
    Maybe stop being a faggot? Its trendy these days in some places.

5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

OMG @JulieW don't you realise that Christians have a God-given right to be hypocrites? Freedom of expression and all you know old girl? It's okay for God-botherers to attack gays, denounce sex out-of-wedlock and those who drink alcohol as sinners, but when Muslims do it it's evil.

These fire-bombers are terrorists.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    66rounds likes this.
  6. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

I am not a religious person, but wouldn't a true Christian pray for the souls of the blasphemers instead of firebombing them?

7. serial

Shiny, Christians dont advocate violence against any one because of their beliefs. Its so common for the Christian hating brigade to trot out these lines the start to point at the likes of Israel Folau claiming that is hate speech because he states that certain life choices people make lead to hell. But you never protest them many Islamic states that routinely send physically attack people for these beliefs.
    I suppose it is easier to attack a peaceful religion rather than one with a track record of punching back rather than turning the cheek

8. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So a "shadowy" group called the "Popular Nationalist Insurgency Command of the Large Brazilian Integralist Family", who no one has heard of, and not to confused with the Peoples Nationalist Insurgency Command of the Large Brazilian Integralist Family (nod to Monty Python), pops a vid up claiming responsibility for lobbing that petrol bomb at a building.............sounds a bit strange that. What if it was just the producers of the film trying to ramp up sympathy to counter online backlash and hopefully drive ticket sales....just a thought.

Salman Rushdie released a book about Islamic culture and Muhammad and got a fatwa for his troubles.

9. mmm....shiney!

Good, so you’ll condemn these guys for what they are? Homophobic terrorists who don’t tolerate free speech.

10. serial

Actually until we know the full story i will hold back
    "
    Police are investigating a fire-bomb attack on the Rio de Janeiro office"

But if this turns out to be true
    "video circulating online appears to show a far-right religious group claiming responsibility for the attack"

I condem all violence against people who are
    Simply expressing a difference of opinion.
    You know like antifa, or the government who imposes hate speech laws with the implicit threat of state sanctioned violence.
    Im afraid shiny that you pushing the wrong argument with me, i advocate that the studio has a right to produce any garbage it wants without fear of physical violence.
    But i also believe that applies to all parties, not just the Christian hating population that constantly degenerates the religion that established the many Christian based country's that allow them the right to free speech. Bunch of cowards, protesting Christians voicing their beliefs about homosexuality being a path to hell instead of traveling to Islamic countries and protesting those countries killing homosexuals. But they wont do that because its only Christians that dont react violently en mass against constant verbal abuse

11. serial

Homophobic, homophobia etc
    These are made up words designed to stop people from having different opinions by labeling them with a term that implies that they are afraid of something just because they disagree with it.
    Again I have no problem with people saying what they want but when people create words like these, then attempt to use them as the terms of reference for hate speech laws, aka violently attacking people, stealing their stuff and then denying them physical freedom for have a different opinion.
    How is that any different to what the scumbag fire bombers did?
    Will you all denounce hate speech laws as not different to the actions of the firebombers?

12. mmm....shiney!

I condemn hate speech laws. I condemn violence.

As far as "homophobes" go I agree it is a made up word. Just like "hate speech". All words are made up. It's a made up word that describes people who have an irrational fear or dislike of gay people. Now, as religion is not rational it stands to reason that religious people who use their faith to condemn gays are homophobic.

I would label who hate gays as "homophobic". I'm pretty consistent. If they hate Muslims I label them "Islamaphobic", foreigners "xenophobic", spiders "arachnophobic" etc etc. This fear or dislike can often be directed as hatred at gay people or manifest itself in violence such as what those nutters in Brazil did. Or it can just be posted on social media platforms as opinions.

13. dross

dross Active Member

1) Speaking of asses, if i wanted to hear the opinion of one, I'd fart.
    2) If i suspect i have an illness I'll seek medical advice not the opinion of an ass.
    3) If i wanted to hear the "thoughts" of a vegetable I'd read Trumps tweets.

Land of the Brave, home of the free, really.

14. Jason1

Jason1 Active Member

A gay Mohammad would certainly make for an interesting TV series, lol,
    recon a few heads would roll from that one lol.

Wonder why no one would dare create a show like that? ahaha

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  15. ozcopper

ozcopper Administrator Staff Member

Thread closed. The complaints to the admins are already rolling in!

dross, Lovey80, mongrelmaple and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.