religion of piece tries to spread in melbourne

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by thatguy, Dec 23, 2016.

1. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Active Member Silver Stacker

2. The infallible and unchanging Catholic church.
    It was and is, the same.

"The Catholic Church has never fallen into error and she has never changed her teachings because the Catholic Church is God's and He is Truth itself and so she cannot teach error. To suggest that the Catholic Church could teach error would mean that Jesus, the Founder of the Church, lied when He promised to be with His Church "always until the end of the world" (Matt 28:20), and to ask the Father to send the Holy Spirit of "truth" to be with us always. Since Jesus cannot lie, His Church cannot teach error."

3. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The West has its share of 'devout Christians' (religious fundamentalists) doing 'God's Work' in the Middle East... and elsewhere...

Yes, murdering innocent civilians in their own Holy War. Yes, escalating conflicts for their own gain. Yes, pillaging the wealth of sovereign nations. Yes, deposing elected heads of state. Yes, funding and arming dangerous groups.

But for some reason it's OK because they're on our side?

Fundamentalism is the enemy.

4. fosinator

fosinator Member

I'm astounded that people can still make excuses for islamic terrorism.

5. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am not Christian but I respect them immensely, they help a lot of people, there are many, many Christian charities in Australia and they help a huge number of people and they do not discriminate against anyone asking for help. Christians run dozens of soup kitchens and mens and womens shelters and they built hospitals and clinics right across the country during the 20th century. Christian charitable organisations include:

The Australian Red Cross
    The Salvation Army
    Compassion Australia
    World Vision
    TEAR Australia

For all of the terrible things done by the RCC Christians in general are very charitable and do a lot to help people in difficulty. I doubt that you would find any organisations that help Aussies more than the Salvos and the Red Cross.

6. Killface

I don't see anyone doing that here. Pointing out hypocrisy excuses no-one.

7. fosinator

fosinator Member

Ok, technically i didnt say anyone here was doing that. A common attitude of sympathisers to the islamic cause is to cry about what other religions did hundreds of years ago.

8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

donate more pieces of eights, and you can have things in pieces, i mean blown to pieces.

terrorist usually do that for much less

community harmony does not stand a change, they are torn to pieces too

targeted by a bus driver, his many pieces remain whole but motion less. he himself received many pieces and end up the same.

9. Killface

OK thanks for the reply. But I think you're still mistaking one thing for another. I'm not an Islamist sympathiser but I do see it as hypocritical to rage about one group/religion when others are also culpable. And the examples I gave are not ancient history, they are happening right now, in our name. If you want to stop the violence and bloodshed, you need to acknowledge fault on all sides. Historical AND current.

It's easy to complain about 'them' and make it all about good vs evil - but it has never solved anything because it's a fantasy sold to us by vested interests to distract us from what's really happening out of view.

Fundamentalism is still the enemy, in all its stripes.

10. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

A fundamental Christian would love their enemy.
    A look into history is telling.
    There are political wars masquerading as 'Holy' wars, just as there is idolatry masquerading as Christianity.

If you were immersed in water as a follower of Christ when you came of age to make your own decision of faith, you were killed by both protestants and Catholics as being treasonous to the state political church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyrs_Mirror

11. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Right on.
    We are living in the bad old days now where our elected officials take on the mantle of kings, making themselves immune from the laws they set.
    Invading countries for very dark purposes, killing and dispossessing millions without any declaration of war. They are murderers. With injustice comes hatred and revenge soon follows.
    It is so simple to look at the inhumanity of one side while failing to see that your own side is guilty of terrible crimes which will go unpunished.
    Without justice there will be no peace, or piece.
    Keep blaming Islam, it is what the kings want you to believe.

12. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Religion is a major scam and it doesn't matter whose tree your being nailed to, or whose building you're being thrown off, it's simply a power structure designed to enslave and put the slaves in their place.

Each one makes you hate the other ones so you'll all band together under your one true god just as any herd does.

Only simpletons need more than the golden rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

All the rest is gold robes and subjugation.

13. fosinator

fosinator Member

I appreciate your thoughts but no, Im definately not mistaken.I repeat, a common attitude of an islamist sympathiser is to cry about what other religions did hundreds of years ago.
    If you want to stop the violence and bloodshed, you need to acknowledge fault on all sides.
    So islamic Terrorists will stop murdering people here and now in the modern times in the name of Allah if Christians apologize for the crusades?Or any other wrong thing they did? It would be nice if that fairytale came true, but I think we both know its a fairytale.It's to do with that religion.The palestinians want to drive Israel into the sea, obliterate them.If they achieved that,what do you think they would do.Put their feet up collectively and say job done, now we can live on earth in peace, or do you think the their god Allah, through his prophet Mohammed would tell them to conquer the next place?
    Any way, have a merry Christmas :)

14. Killface

You too :)

15. betterlatethannever

betterlatethannever New Member

:/ and :rolleyes:

if only you really knew what you were talking about ;)

MerryChrist - mas :)

16. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Anyway, despite the Islam apologists doing their level best to coordinate a "Look over there!" campaign and turn the discussion toward Catholics.......

The perpetrator of the latest despicable attack in Berlin was shot dead in Milan. Let's hope he suffered plenty of pain.

17. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Islamic apologists here who like to divert attention and claim the Catholics are just as bad should remember that: "Today, more people are killed in the name of Islam every year than were killed in the entire 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition."

18. betterlatethannever

betterlatethannever New Member

Thank God for the Federal Police and Asio for uncovering the insane plot to kill "in the name of God" unsuspecting Melbourneeings.

I wish all of the good people of Melbourne a happy Christmas spent with family and friends in a safe and peaceful environment.

Merry Christ - mas :)

19. Killface

Jeez Pete, you too? Who here has made a single statement apologising for or excusing anything ANY terrorist has done?

Plenty have criticised various religions, and some have criticised religion in general, but no-one has typed a word in favour of terrorist acts. Hell, no-one has even trotted out the old 'most Muslims are OK' because we all know that. We all know most Christians are OK, most Jews are OK, et cetera, ad nauseam..

And certainly no-one has suggested they understand or support a group resorting to terrorism to make their point. That's an argument I have heard, even from a young Israeli woman. But we're not going there in this thread.

So why is it such a bad thing to discuss groups other than Muslims who have committed atrocities? You of all people Pete know that the stories we hear on the news are only part of the truth. Have you suddenly swallowed the blue pill and decided 'we' are always in the right and 'they' are always in the wrong? What about when today's 'most wanted terrorist' conveniently becomes tomorrow's 'inspiring rebel leader'? If there's a sinister cabal pulling the strings they see right through all these divisions and simply smile at the sight of us going for each others' throats. Simple answers to complex issues are dishonest and misleading.

Lastly, just in case anyone wonders where I (and other mushy--headed Liberals) stand: Terrorism Is Wrong. It's a bad thing. It should stop.

...and so must atrocities committed in our name. Not the ones in the past, the ones happening right now.

Fundamentalism is the enemy.

20. Look over where? I look at so called Christianity and this is what I see.
    What happened to "love your enemy." Has the Catholic church edited Matthew 5:44 out now as well? Am I missing the bit about how this is selectively applied? Is this only for Catholics perhaps? Just that silly Sermon on the Mount thingy by that Jesus dude.
    I'm fine with this murderous terrorist bastard being killed but how does this schadenfreude of yours make you morally superior?
    I look in this direction and all I see is blatant hypocrisy.

Then there is the absurdity of comparing the death toll of the Spanish inquisition to the slaughter of modern times?
    Obviously no consideration has been given to the fact that modern society is a much more target rich environment than the time of the Inquisition and we have such marvelous new methods for inflicting industrial scale killing compared to the inquisitors.
    Makes about as much sense as the casualties of the war of the roses being compared to the American civil war.
    This is beside the fact that the Inquisition was much more about tyrannical oppression and thought control than actual killing.
    There is not even a vague comparison.

I am no Islamic apologist but I sure can smell bullshit when it drops or in other words, our shit stinks just like theirs does and I believe they are very much aware of this, unlike many of us.

There is clearly not much thought taken by some posting in this thread.