Regarding silver dealer in Denmark

Discussion in 'Silver' started by DKSilverguy, Apr 9, 2020.

1. DKSilverguy

DKSilverguy New Member

Hello guys,

One of my friends knows a very nice guy which has his own coin flip business or something like that.
    I have bought some coins from him and I must say they are really nice. But simple though.

My question is. Do you think I have paid too much, since they are all blank. Just with marking on the back.
    I don't know too much about where to get the best prices or best coins. This was my first purchase of 20 oz.

But I have validated the purity with my friends Precious Metal verifier and they was as told .999 pure silver and weighted around 31,105 to 31,120

Should I buy more of those at thise price or should I consider buying real silver coins from a government mint instead?

Here is a link to the shop: www.dkbullion.dk

Thanks in advance

2. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ok, for reference 150 DKK is today 34,82 Australian Dollar.

It is a rather steep premium for a basically a blank silver round.
    Maybe you'd like to look around and compare prices; e.g., European dealers such as goldsilver.de or europeanmint.com?

3. Lustre

Lustre Member

Minted silver rounds can be purchased for AUD 33.17 in Australia (Perth Mint, kangaroo design, legal tender). This includes tax.

I think 34.83 is close enough to say the price you paid is within normal range.

You can buy cheaper of course. Last week you could buy a minted round in the USA for USD $16.07 (this week 17.7). This does not include postage cost and weight surcharge. I don’t know if Denmark will make you pay import taxes or duties.

Don’t stress about what you paid. This is your first purchase. Think about the next purchase. What is your goal? Some people prefer to accumulate as many ounces as possible (mainly because when you sell the silver to a dealer, they will pay melt value or slightly less). If this is your goal, just try and get the lowest cost silver you can.

Personally, I like to buy several kinds of silver. Was there silver currency in Denmark? Can you buy this cheaply? In Australia and USA, this is popular form of silver to purchase. It is also usually easy to accumulate when buying in 20 ounce lots.

Bosse68 likes this.
  4. Bosse68

Bosse68 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Also look into 20krona of gold
    You can normally buy them at a good price

66rounds likes this.
  5. LiverBird

LiverBird Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This price includes taxes?
    Is VAT 25% on silver in Denmark?

66rounds and Holdfast like this.