Reddit #silversqueeze

Discussion in 'Silver' started by AustralianAustrian, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

this thread is about reddits short silver squeeze, your talking about something different. Its about jpmorgan shorting silver and a bunch of guys on reddit trying to push spot price up to fuck up jpmorgans shorts. So spot matters if silversqueeze want to succeed.
    Im pro physical over paper silver, however this topic about silver squeeze raising spot.
    So they need to play the paper game if they want todo that.

the argument your making is for physical fine, but not relivent for what silversqueeze group is wanting to achieve, your talking about stacking im talking about their efforts to bust jpmorgan. Two seperate things.

if they (reddit) are talking about investments then physical is the go but they arent, they (reddit) are talking about bringing down jpmorgan via short squeeze like how they did with gamestop, so they need toplay the paper game

And yes i love physical silver more than paper silver, but your not gonna fuck up jpmorgan by buying physical silver and seperating physical price from spot, they need to raise spot to fuck up jpmorgans short positions.

This is what im talking about and what reddits silver squeeze is wanting todo, so they need toplay the paper game. So please understand i know what your talking about but thats not ontopic with shortsqueeze. Your talking about stacking not short squeezing
    They are wanting to pull a gamestop style revolt on jpmorgan hence the silversqueeze title

i hope that clarifies what im talking about.

To buy physical silver to raise spot price to bust jomorgans shorts would be a very slow way to raise spot, it would have been like the gamestop short squeeze walking into their local gamestop store and buying them out of physical playstation games in an effort to raise stock prices, which would be slow going and not guaranteed to succeed, they bought gme stocks instead to falsely bring up gamestock prices to bust those hendgefunds short positions. So a silver squeeze needs tobe done the same way. Shitty method of investing as it will collapse but again the squeeze is about fucking up jpmorgans shorts not investments.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    wrcmad and STKR like this.
  2. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@Jason1

I understand what your saying. Hear me out.

As I said in my previous comment, the buying of physical Bullion could lead to a shortage in the overall Silver market.
    A sustained drain of physical supply (and resulting price increase) would bring a lot of attention to the market which could incite a mass of retail and institutional investors to enter the race, leading to a potential short squeeze on silver.

The play on Physical could actually lead to a play on paper...this is by no means something that would occur overnight.

3. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

100%
    You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    A short squeeze is defined as a paper squeeze (shorts).
    As well, we keep seeing references to SLV physical oz's.
    Thus, it defines physical being joined at the hip by paper.
    Just another one of the contradictions of the permabull.
    One word...... arbitrage. ;)

4. wrcmad

Because it is one-and-the-same.

Sawman likes this.
  5. AustralianAustrian

AustralianAustrian Active Member

apmex website notification currently

upload_2021-2-10_19-33-38.png

STKR and heartastack like this.
  6. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

yer it could, but it would be very slow and painfull, likely would fail for the reddit guys to effect spot price big enough that way to mess with jpmorgans short possitions
    It would be a huge task to actually squeeze silver via any method but would be even harder to do it via buying physical silver, via paper would be the easiest, that last price pump wasnt via physical demand it was from paper silver. They need to jump the price up fast and hard to catch jpmorgan off guard so they dont change position

like i said before it would be almost equal to the reddit gamstop squeeze guys going and buying out physical copies of playstation games from gamestop stores over and over again to try and push up stock prices by pushing up gamestops profits, it may work but god damn its a slow way to have done it, so instead they pumped the market via buying stocks hard and fast, thats a quicker way todo it snd if reddit guys want to mess with silver they need todo that and play the paper game

STKR likes this.
  7. STKR

Except one is extremely leveraged paper nothingness, which is driven by the fundamentals of the physical asset within the physical market. The point is, you could exploit those fundamentals by buying physical and depriving the overall market of supply, which could lead to a short squeeze in ETF-land.

Or is that too outside-of-the box for you?

8. wrcmad

You obviously have never been involved in hedging production at a corporate level using "paper nothingness"?
    The realities of the financial outcomes would bring you back to earth from the dream-land of "nothingness".
    Or is that too outside-of-the box for you?

9. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was just looking, then what
    its going to be more often, frequent and for longer time period
    soon will be more buyers WTB than seller WTS

10. wrcmad

I thought you deplored so-called "manipulation"?
    Or do you only deplore price squeezes that work against your personal position?

11. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Again this isnt about fundamentals they want to artificially pump the price like they did with gamestop quick to catch jpmorgans shorts.

what you talking about is very slow.
    keep in mind these reddit guys were talking a pump to $1000 an ounce, that would be very very hard todo, harder todo by buying physical bullion via the very limited amount that s available, and it would take a bloody long time to get that sort of scale on the market from mints.

as i said its possible to pump spot with buying bullion but its slow and allows funds to change position

This is not about whi his a better investment this about which would catch jpmorgans off guard and which would have the best chance for the reddit guys to succeed, on what is an extremely hard thing todo, pump silver hard and fast enough to mess with jpmorgans shorts.

it would likely take years todo via physical verse days even hours by pumping paper silver by buying that which takes seconds to buy.

the fact paper silver is bullshit, doesnt matter it effects spot price quick and easy if bought in mass, and they arent having to pay huge premiums todo it so they can buy more, which is what is needed. They can also dump it fast when they do their pump and achieve what they want

And yes i do believe if you cant hold it you dont own it, but this isnt about stacking.

12. STKR

You must've read that in the book I wrote o_O

I've never stated whether I'm for or against it. I've just been discussing possibilities.

13. STKR

It would take a co-ordinated effort on an epic scale. One that would be more effective and would require less volumes of Reddit users if silver was in a deficit market and there was an overall shortage.

But you don't want to discuss that...

14. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

I thought we were discussing it, we just have a different opinion on the outcome for quick manipulation of a squeeze by buying only physical silver is all.
    And i thought i was being respectful with my differing views

discussions dont always require complete agreement.

15. STKR

We have the same opinion on quick manipulation of a squeeze. I only wanted to share some thoughts on attacking the physical front and how that could lead to a short squeeze by forcing the markets to respond, leading to increased paper demand/speculation as a result.

16. fishduck

fishduck Active Member Silver Stacker

If you really want to attack silver, you have to have institutional/ UHNWIs money (Hunt Brothers etc) involved, the market is too big for retail investors alone to make a meaningful impact that would spook investors to run to the market (whether paper or physical). So far I'm not seeing it (unless they are trying to accumulate without raising alarms).

sgbuyer likes this.
  17. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Retailers can make a huge impact if they have enough numbers. Gold is a good example, no institution can play it for long because the physical demand for gold jewellery is too big, much bigger than the institutions playing paper. I'm starting to see an interest in silver jewellery locally and it's a good start. Once people see silver as valuable, they will stack. Only need 100 million people to buy 1 oz a year and the supply will be in deficit because there isn't 100 million oz of extra silver.

SilverHaas, Sawman and STKR like this.
  18. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

True but only if they never sell. If they get bored and sell a year later than it will flood the market

19. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A pretty good interview with a miners and bullion expert.

STKR and Sawman like this.
  20. Sawman

Sawman Member

This site has less than 15,000 members; Wall Street Silver has over 23,000 already

SilverHaas likes this.