? re 2013 1oz silver lunar snake proof coin

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by dccpa, Jul 24, 2014.

1. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I recently bought the 1oz proof snake coin and noticed that the COA # is 18. Does the low number add anything to the value? Too late to buy any more as they are now sold out, but I haven't purchased any proof coins before and was curious as to the added value of a low COA #?

2. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Look, premiums are basically based on what people are willing to pay over spot(with a minimum of what manufacturers are willing to sell for because of costs, profits, whatever).
    Now, low COAs are a little bonus because certain people may pay more for certian numbers. 1's are usually the biggest sellers, as are lucky numbers like 8, 88, 888, ect for example.
    In your case someone who likes 18 or was born on the 18th would obviously pay more to secure this coin, if that's thier thing. If they're putting together a set and need this coin imagine the leverage you have over them, it's not the coin they're paying for, it's the number on the COA and the matching number on the barcode on the packaging they're paying for.

Best way to sell would be an expression of interest taking offers or even an auction on eBay to expose to as many people as possible

Hope I helped in a small way.

3. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As above, some people will pay a little more but not that many and not that much. 001 or lucky Chinese numbers can usually get you a bit more but don't have high expectations. eBay would be a better place to sell it as you can play up the low serial number to a more gullible worldwide audience :)

4. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I don't own a lot of proof coins and I was curious. Mainly, I wondered if I should have kicked myself for not getting more of them when I got #18. Sounds like I made the right decision not to order any more of them. Now those 1/2oz horse lunar proofs at $18-19, I would order more of them all day long.